Should you buy LED bulbs? How much do they cost? Which bulbs are more economical? The main parameters of LED lamps. What quality of light the new LED lamps give and, read other answers in the article - review If you do not yet know what kind of new generation lamps they are, then first read the article - What are LED lamps? If you have already mastered this lighting technology a little and know their advantages, then let me on the TutKnow.ru website tell you from my own experience how a person who bought an LED lamp and uses it.
Today, many are thinking about the problem of saving light, and those who started saving it with the help of energy-saving lamps are also thinking about safety. It is worth remembering that energy-saving lamps contain mercury, while LEDs contain nothing harmful to health, and there is no ultraviolet radiation harmful to the eyes, after which the eyes hurt and vision deteriorates.
Which bulbs are more economical?
We will compare energy-saving lamps, LED and incandescent lamps, but they are a thing of the past and only speed up the speed of the electricity meter.
- With an incandescent lamp power of 100 W: the energy-saving lamp will consume 20 W, and the LED only 12 W.
- With an incandescent lamp power of 75 W: the energy-saving lamp will consume 15 W, and the LED only 10 W.
As you can see, the LED lamp will be 1/3 more economical than the energy-saving lamp and 7, 5-9 times more economical than the incandescent lamp.
Today (at the end of 2012) LED lamps have a small minus - this is their price, it is 3-5 times more expensive than an energy-saving one and 20 times more expensive than an incandescent lamp. But it must be borne in mind that they can save on electricity and their service life is guaranteed by manufacturers from 30,000 to 50,000 working hours. This is 3-4 times more housekeepers and 30-50 thousand times more than ordinary lamps. Simple lamps do not even burn out their 1000 hours, which is guaranteed by the manufacturers according to the passport, they very often fly out before the expiration of their resource. Now calculate for yourself which is more economical!
Were you given a warranty on a simple incandescent lamp? Of course not. An energy-saving light bulb is usually guaranteed for up to 2 years, and for an LED bulb you will receive a warranty card from 3 to 5 years. Do not throw away the box and the check, if anything, you can always exchange it. I was given a 5-year warranty on the LED lamp. It is usually written on a box.
The main parameters of LED lamps
- Power consumption lamps, which is measured in watts (short "W" or in English "W"). This is the amount of electricity consumed per hour. Less is better.
- Luminous flux or amount of light, which is measured in lumens (short "Lm" or in English "Lm"). This parameter is responsible for the ability of the lamp to illuminate the room as much as possible. This power of the emitted light is estimated by the light perception of the human eye. This parameter in the lamp, the more the better.
- Light scattering angle. Measured in degrees, it is also an important parameter, since at a very small angle, the lamp will shine only with a beam in one place. Try to keep this parameter at least 150 °, a lamp with a scattering angle of 160 ° can already please with a high-quality spread of light around the room.
- Light temperature - color. This parameter affects the color of the light emitted from the lamp. Designation - ° K.It can be of the following types: 2700 ° K - the light has a yellow tint, it is very good to use at home, it is calm and does not hurt the eyes; 3500 - lighter light; 4000-5000 ° K - characterized by white illumination; a color temperature of more than 5000 will give out a cold white light, it is better to use it only for street lighting and shop windows. For an apartment, a room, a light bulb with a color temperature of 2700-3500 ° K would be an ideal option. Higher temperature lamps can hurt the eye when reading books.
- Life time Is the parameter I wrote about above. The ego is calculated in terms of the number of hours a lamp can operate. LED lamps have a lifespan of 30,000 to 50,000 hours of operation. Typically, after 25,000 hours of operation, the light quality can degrade by 10 to 20%.
- Color rendering index (luminous efficacy or energy efficiency) - measured in lumens per watt, Lm / W (denoted in English Lm / W). This is a parameter that shows how efficiently the electrical power that is consumed by the lamp is converted into light. The larger this parameter, the better. Simply put - more light and less energy consumption.
I have listed the main parameters of LED lamps that are worth paying attention to, but there are other unimportant ones: type of base (for a standard bulb - E27), number of LEDs, current strength (mA), lamp size, voltage (usually work from 170 to 240V), the number of on / off switching (usually 100,000).
I forgot to mention that these lamps, in comparison with energy-saving (mercury) ones, have an instant start, and the latter need heating and do not tolerate frequent switching on / off.
Prices of LED lamps in Ukraine and Russia
I bought (in November 2012) a LED lamp of the brand "MAXUX LED 1-LED-336" for 140 UAH. (in Russia this costs about 500-580 rubles). It gives light at the level of a 100 W incandescent lamp, and consumes only 12 W. It has a luminous flux of 1100 Lm and an energy efficiency of 92 Lm / W. Light temperature - 4100 ° K (white, daylight). Light scattering angle - 160 °.
I am very pleased with the quality of lighting and the operation of the lamp in general, I will switch completely to them and I advise you to do it. As I wrote above, it is better to use lamps with a light temperature of 2700-3000 for a room, this is a warm and not irritating light for the eyes.
Today this lighting technology is actively used in nightclubs and discos. The reason is simple, very high energy saving, good quality of light and music and long service life.
From the foregoing, I can conclude that LED lamps are worth buying and the future lies with LED light!