How to make a carb-free soup with meatballs and frozen vegetables in 20 minutes at home? Combinations of ingredients, secrets and subtleties of the dish. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
A good lunch is the key to proper nutrition. But very often there is not enough time to cook it. Then frozen vegetable mixes and semi-finished products come to the rescue. Today I propose to cook for lunch - a light carbohydrate-free soup with meatballs and frozen vegetables in 20 minutes at home. Now many housewives store vegetable mixtures in the freezer in reserve, thanks to which you can very quickly prepare any dish. And this is an undoubted advantage.
This soup really cooks very quickly. Its preparation takes very little time and requires almost no effort. Despite the quick way of its preparation and the simple composition of the ingredients, it turns out to be nutritious and vitamin, rich and aromatic. The taste of this soup can be changed every time using different sets of vegetable mixes and every time you get a wonderful dish with an original taste. The main thing is to follow the sequence of laying food in the pan, so as not to digest anything and preserve the vitamins of vegetables.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 52 kcal.
- Servings - 5
- Cooking time - 20 minutes
- Frozen meatballs - 15 pcs.
- Water or broth (meat, vegetable) - 2 l
- Frozen green peas - 100 g
- Frozen sweet bell peppers - 150 g (mine is green)
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Spices, herbs, herbs (any) - to taste
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
How to make a carbohydrate-free soup with meatballs and frozen vegetables step by step:
1. Pour stock or drinking water into a cooking pot and bring to a boil. I have a chicken broth in my recipe that I previously cooked and frozen. This is very helpful when you need to quickly cook something. Season broth or water with salt and black pepper.
I have a saucepan of 2.5 liters, if you cook more soup, then increase the amount of ingredients.
Peel the carrots, wash and chop. I prefer coarse cuts: rings, half rings or bars. And I don't fry the carrots beforehand. But if you prefer to grate carrots and sauté them in a frying pan in vegetable oil, then do as you like.
Send the carrots to the stockpot and boil.
Since I have a recipe for a carbohydrate-free soup, I don't have any potatoes. If you want to make a more satisfying first course, then dip the peeled and chopped potato pieces into the pan with the carrots.
2. Immediately place one meatball at a time in a saucepan of boiling stock. Stir gently so they don't stick together. Bring the soup to a re-boil, remove the foam, simmer and simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes, until the carrots and meatballs are almost cooked through.
I have frozen meatballs, which also helps a lot when you need to quickly cook the first course. If you don't have frozen meatballs, cook them by twisting the meat through a meat grinder. Any type of meat can be: chicken fillet, pork, rabbit, veal. Salt and pepper the minced meat, mix well and with your hands moistened with water, form balls no larger than a walnut.
Add spices and herbs to your soup to taste. I add dried herbs, dried ground sweet paprika and vegetable seasoning.
3. After 15 minutes of cooking, add tomato paste to the soup, stir and boil.
4. Immediately add frozen vegetables (bell peppers and green peas) without thawing. Bell peppers can be of any color: yellow, red, green. You can choose fruits of the same color or make an assorted one. If you are using a fresh vegetable, wash it, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the stalk from the pith with seeds, cut into strips and send to a saucepan with broth.
Other vegetables may be included in the frozen mixture: boiled corn, asparagus beans, cauliflower. But I recommend that you always use sweet bell peppers, because it gives the soup a unique flavor.
5. Increase heat and bring to a boil quickly. Cook the carb-free soup with meatballs and frozen vegetables for 5 minutes. Check it again for salt and pepper. Add the missing spice as needed. Remove the first course from heat and let it brew under the lid for 5 minutes. That's all - light and dietary soup in 20 minutes, pour into plates and serve with croutons or baguette.