How to cook fried borscht in a pan at home? Technology and subtleties of cooking. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
- Step by step cooking of fried borscht in a pan
- Video recipe
- Caloric content per 100 g - 192 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Meat (any) - 300 g (for broth)
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Spices and spices to taste
- White cabbage - 200 g
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Table vinegar - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 0.5 tsp
Step by step cooking of fried borscht in a pan:
1. To prepare delicious fried borscht, take a kettle, cauldron, wok, steel or, like mine, cast-iron saucepan. You can use chicken, pork, or beef for the base. Depending on the type of meat, borscht has a certain taste. The most delicious borscht of several types of meat. The fastest way to cook is a dish with chicken meat. I use pork, with it the borscht turns out to be richer and fatter.
Wash the meat with running water, dry with a paper towel and chop into small portions. If the meat is lean, heat some vegetable oil (50 ml) in a saucepan. If the meat is fat, you can not use the oil for frying.
2. Fry it until firm dark brown on all sides of the slices. This process usually takes about 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
3. Then add the coarsely grated beets (one medium or half large) to the saucepan. Pour in vinegar or lemon juice, this will help the root vegetable retain its bright rich burgundy color. Stir the food and continue to fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare the carrots. Peel it, wash and grate on a coarse grater. Send directly to the pan, stir and continue to fry everything. It is not necessary to fry vegetables strongly, you just need to soften them slightly.
5. If you think there is not enough oil in the pan, add more oil. I preferred to put a piece of bacon (lard can be used) so that it melts. This will only make the borscht more satisfying, more nutritious and more nutritious, as it should be.
6. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Send them to a saucepan, stir and continue frying.
7. Wash and dry the cabbage. Remove the top damaged leaves, cut off the required amount from the head of cabbage and chop into thin strips. Send the cabbage to the skillet with the food. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Following the cabbage, add the tomato paste. You can use randomly diced tomatoes instead of tomato paste. If desired, peel them off first. Also in the summer, you can put sweet bell peppers, cut into strips. You can use pepper in any color: green, yellow, red, orange. The main thing is to observe the proportion: there should be more beets and cabbage, and 2-3 times less tomatoes and peppers.
Season with salt, pepper and seasoning. I use dried ground garlic and onions, dried ground herbs and celery root, bay leaves and allspice peas. Also, don't forget to add sugar. It will give the borsch a balanced taste.
9. Pour drinking water into a pot. Adjust its amount to your liking. If you like thick borscht, add less liquid, or, on the contrary, prefer a liquid first course, then pour in more water. Although the classic borscht is considered when "there is a spoon" in it.
Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil, reduce heat to the lowest setting, cover the container and cook for 45 minutes. At the end of cooking, you can season the borsch with 2-3 chopped garlic cloves, fresh chopped herbs (parsley, cilantro or dill). The cooking time of the first course depends on the selected type of meat. Therefore, taste the readiness. At the end of cooking, if necessary, adjust the taste of fried borscht in a pan with salt, pepper and other spices. Also adjust for acidity, if you need to acidify, drip a little lemon juice.
Remove the finished fried borscht in a frying pan from heat and leave under a slightly open lid for 20 minutes, so that it brews and breathes at the same time. Serve it to the table with appropriate additives: garlic donuts, chopped fresh herbs and, of course, fatty sour cream.