A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a lean vegetable soup with dried porcini mushrooms at home. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
Some say that you cannot make a good, rich and aromatic soup from lean foods. But this is not the case. I am sharing a delicious recipe for the simplest and leanest vegetable soup without meat with dried porcini mushrooms for the whole family. Despite the fact that the soup of dried porcini mushrooms is lean at home, it turns out to be very tasty, satisfying and low-calorie. With such a dish, hunger is not terrible, because it is able to saturate for a long time, despite the fact that it is lean and dietary. And the dish exuding an extraordinary aroma will not leave indifferent any connoisseur of mushroom delights. The recipe is so self-contained that it does not require any additional spices and spices to enhance the smell and taste. Therefore, I do not add any spices to it, which, for my taste, only interrupt the taste of dried white mushrooms.
Such an unusual combination of products and the absence of the usual cream in mushroom soup allows you to enjoy the pure taste and aroma of dried porcini mushrooms. This lean recipe is suitable for vegetarian and fasting menus. And also it can be used by those who follow the figure or want to get rid of extra pounds. Serving such a hot dish is best served with croutons, toast or croutons.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 162 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Dried porcini mushrooms - 50 g
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Corn grains - 150 g (I have frozen)
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- Edible salt to taste
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Green beans - 150 g (I have frozen)
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
Step by step preparation of lean vegetable soup with dried porcini mushrooms:
1. Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a deep bowl and cover with hot drinking water. Cover them with a lid and leave to infuse for half an hour so that the mushrooms soak and swell. If you fill the mushrooms with water at room temperature, then soak them for 1, 5 hours.
If you don't have dried porcini mushrooms, replace them with any other dried forest hornbeam. Of course, champignons are also suitable for the recipe, but they will not give such an aroma and taste as porcini mushrooms.
2. Remove the soaked mushrooms from the liquid, rinse, place on a board and cut into medium pieces or to the desired size. I don’t fry mushrooms, but if you want the soup to be more nutritious, then sauté the mushrooms in a frying pan in vegetable oil.
Do not pour out the liquid in which the mushrooms were soaked, but through filtration (fine sieve, several layers of gauze) pour into the cooking pot. Do this carefully so as not to get debris that has settled on the bottom. The mushroom pickle will become the basis of the broth in which the soup will be cooked. If there is not enough liquid, add drinking water to the pot.
3. Place the saucepan on the stove and boil. Then send the chopped mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the temperature and simmer the broth for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and carrots, rinse with cold water and chop. I cut the potatoes into cubes about 1.5 cm in size, and the carrots into half rings 3-5 mm thick. If you like a different cutting shape, do as you like. I also do not fry carrots beforehand. But nothing prevents you from doing this.
5. Send potatoes and carrots to the boiling broth. Season with salt, pepper and boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. When the potatoes are almost ready, add the tomato paste to the pot.
7.Then add the green beans and corn immediately. You do not need to defrost vegetables in advance. Dip them in frozen boiling water. They will thaw in the soup. If you use fresh green beans, wash them, cut off the ends on both sides and cut the pod into 2-3 pieces. Cut fresh young corn kernels from the cob.
8. Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until all foods are soft.
9. Taste the soup and adjust with salt and pepper if desired. Turn off the heat and leave the vegetable soup with dried porcini mushrooms to infuse under the lid for 10 minutes. Then serve it to the table. If you are not fasting and are not a vegetarian, then pour the first course in portions, add a spoonful of sour cream to each plate and sprinkle with cheese shavings.