A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making cottage cheese salad with herbs and tomatoes at home. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
Cottage cheese is a dietary product with a high protein content. It is beneficial due to its high calcium content. There are many dishes using it. These are puddings, desserts, pies, dumplings, pancakes, and dumplings. But today we will focus on salads with cottage cheese. If you love healthy and simple curd snacks, then this unusual recipe is just for you!
Juicy, fresh, vitamin and very fragrant cottage cheese salad with herbs and tomatoes will surely please everyone, especially fans of cottage cheese dishes. The combination of creamy cottage cheese, spicy tomatoes and lots of aromatic greens creates an ideal flavor range. Cottage cheese modestly retains its natural neutrality, which gives other products a chance to show themselves as much as possible. The alliance of these products is always harmonious and perfect.
Such an exquisite appetizer is quick and easy to prepare, has a pleasant and unusual taste. The recipe is both hearty and light, which is simply irreplaceable on a hot summer day. It is healthy, so saturate your body with vitamins and nutrients by preparing such salads with vegetables and coarse-grained cottage cheese. It is suitable for all occasions. It can be served for dinner on its own or as an addition to boiled meat and fish.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 112 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 10 minutes
- Cottage cheese - 200 g
- Cilantro - 2 branches
- Basil - 1 sprig
- Salt - pinch or to taste
- Tomatoes - 1 pc.
Step-by-step preparation of cottage cheese salad with herbs and tomatoes:
1. For the recipe, take tomatoes that are dense and firm so that they do not wrinkle when slicing. Cream or pink varieties are ideal, or use cherry tomatoes.
Wash selected tomatoes with cold water, dry with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture, and cut into medium-sized cubes or circles. The cutting shape is not limited.
If desired, remove the skin from the fruit. But it is advisable to remove it from greenhouse fruits.
2. Place the cilantro and basil in a colander and rinse under running water to rinse off any dirt and dirt. Then shake off excess moisture from the branches and absorb excess water with a paper towel. Remove wilted twigs from the bunch. Remove the tough stems, and coarsely chop the remaining leaves with a knife or tear with your hands.
My greens are fresh, but frozen will also work. Do not defrost it beforehand, but send it directly from the freezer to a bowl of food.
You can add any other greens to your taste to the dish: dill, parsley, arugula, lettuce. Add chopped leeks if desired. Add lemon balm or mint leaves to add freshness to the dish.
3. Place the curd in a deep bowl. Take it of any fat content. If you are on a diet, then a low-fat product is suitable, if you do not count calories - 9% fat or farmed. I like 5% better. Depending on the mass fraction of fat, the curd can be soft, spreadable or crumbly.
Cottage cheese in a dish can be left coarsely grained, pre-mash with a fork, rub through a sieve or beat with a blender. The latter option will give it a uniform, cream-like texture. The consistency of the curd is just your taste.
It is also important for the recipe to choose good quality cottage cheese, because the taste of the finished dish depends on it.The indicator of a quality product is a white or slightly creamy shade, the consistency is uniform throughout the mass, and the taste and smell are free of foreign tastes.
Add chopped tomatoes and herbs to a bowl to the curd. Add a pressed garlic clove if desired for a savory taste. You can make the salad rich and satisfying by putting chopped avocado, cheese, feta cheese, pieces of boiled chicken, shrimp, nuts. Any imagination, experimentation and resourcefulness are welcome here.
4. Salt food, add a pinch of black pepper if desired. Good, but stir everything gently so as not to crush the tomatoes. Such a salad, as a rule, does not need a dressing, since the tomatoes will give their juice to the cottage cheese. But if you want to make the salad more moist, add 1 tbsp. sour cream, olive oil, natural yogurt. Take lemon or lime juice, then the dish will sparkle with new notes.
The salad that has not yet been mixed can be sent to the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool. This is especially true on hot summer days.
Serve the cottage cheese salad with herbs and tomatoes to the table after cooking. If you cooked it with pasty curd (pre-whipped with a blender), you can arrange a festive snack, put the mass on toast or croutons.