How to make a vegetable salad with flax and sunflower seeds at home? Nutritional value and calorie content. Cooking secrets, step-by-step culinary recipe with photo and video recipe.
Vegetable salads should be present in the diet of every person, because they replenish the body with all the missing vitamins. It is especially good to cook them in the summer from seasonal vegetables, when they are all young and tasty. But every day the same salads become boring and boring. Therefore, you have to come up with new recipes. And as we know, in every noble art there is room for imaginations and variations, incl. and in cooking. Today I have a simple and well-known vegetable salad, and flax and sunflower seeds, as well as a piquant dressing, make it exquisite.
Prepare such a delicious and healthy dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I am sure that its aftertaste will suit any gourmet. This dish will also be an excellent alternative for people who are losing weight and dieters, because salad with flax seeds and vegetable oil, and not with fatty sour cream. Time for preparing a vitamin and dietary salad with flax seeds is spent no more than 15 minutes, which will delight any housewife. And the set of vegetables can be changed at your discretion. For example, you can add tomatoes or peppers, but remove cucumbers or herbs that you don't like. It will still be tasty, fast and healthy.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 82 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Cucumbers - 1 pc.
- White cabbage - 200 g
- Cilantro - 5-6 branches
- Vegetable oil - for dressing
- Green onions - 3 feathers
- Flax seeds - 1 tablespoon without top
- Radish - 4-5 pcs.
- Sunflower seeds - 1 tbsp without top
- Basil - 1 sprig
- Grain French mustard - 1 tsp without top
- Salt - pinch or to taste
- Soy sauce - 1, 5 tablespoons
Step-by-step preparation of vegetable salad with flax and sunflower seeds:
1. Remove the top leaves from the head of white cabbage. they are usually dirty and tainted. Rinse the remaining head of cabbage with cold running water and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the necessary part from it and chop into thin strips with a sharp knife on a cutting board. Do not use the stump, because it is bitter and unsuitable for eating. Sprinkle the cabbage shavings lightly with salt and crush by hand several times. From this, the leaves will start up juice and become softer, and the salad will turn out to be more juicy. If you are preparing a salad from young cabbage, then you do not need to do this, because it is already juicy enough.
2. Wash and dry cucumbers and radishes with a paper towel. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut the vegetables into thin quarter rings, 3 mm wide. Although the method of cutting is not important, you can cut the vegetables into half rings, cubes, strips, etc. The main thing is to observe the proportions of the slicing so that the salad looks beautiful on the plate.
3. Rinse cilantro and basil under running water to remove dirt and dirt from the leaves. Then, absorb the excess water with a paper towel. Remove wilted leaves from the bunch, and chop the selected ones finely.
I use fresh herbs, but frozen will also work. You do not need to defrost it beforehand. Send it straight from the freezer to a bowl of vegetables. It will thaw while you chop the vegetables. You can also add any other greens to your taste to the dish: dill, parsley, arugula.
4. Wash green onions with cold running water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the upper wilted part from each stem and discard those stems. Cut off some of the large white ends from the green feathers.they are especially spicy, then we will not use them in a salad. Place the green onions on a plank and finely chop about 6 mm into medium-sized rings with a sharp knife. Hold the knife at a 45-degree angle to make slicing more beautiful. Substitute leeks, white onions, or red onions, if desired.
5. Put all vegetables in a large salad bowl, add flax and sunflower seeds. You can adjust the number of seeds (I took 1 tablespoon). I did not dry the seeds beforehand, because during heat treatment, they will lose some of their useful properties. Roasted seeds are more flavorful, though. raw they are almost tasteless. I use whole flaxseeds for salad. But you can pre-grind them into a "powder" in a coffee grinder. Then keep in mind that crushed seeds are quickly oxidized, so use them freshly ground and cook as much as you need for one time.
Flax seeds are especially good and beneficial for weight loss, because immediately after entering the stomach, they begin to swell, so a feeling of fullness quickly sets in, which prevents overeating. In addition, they contain insoluble fiber, which helps to remove excess waste in the intestines.
6. Add grain mustard to the salad bowl, it will add a light spice and piquancy to the dish. Mustard paste is also suitable. But it must first be mixed with vegetable oil until smooth.
Pour in soy sauce next. For diet salads, you can replace soy sauce with lemon juice.
7. Season vegetables with vegetable oil. You can replace vegetable oil with olive, linseed or pine nut oil, walnut oil or grape seed oil. The main thing is not to overdo it with it, because it is a high-calorie product. For a more dietary dressing, use natural yogurt.
8. Mix everything well. Taste the flaxseed and sunflowerseed vegetable salad and add salt if necessary. You may not need salt at all, and will be enough from the soy sauce. You can add a little black or white ground pepper if you like.
Put the dish in the refrigerator to cool slightly for 5 minutes, then serve. If desired, add a poached egg to each portion on a plate, then the salad will be especially tasty and nutritious.