A simple treat to the everyday table is zucchini caviar and semolina pancakes at home. Features, subtleties and secrets of the dish. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Zucchini pancakes are a favorite dish of many. However, most often it only appears on our tables during the harvest season. But you can cook zucchini pancakes at any time of the year. Not sure how to prepare them without having fresh ingredients on hand? Zucchini caviar is perfect as the main component! In this recipe, I propose a recipe for making squash caviar pancakes. Without extra costs, you can quickly and easily prepare delicious and tender zucchini pancakes. This is a great idea for a hearty and healthy breakfast for the whole family every day. Thanks to semolina, they turn out to be lush, tender, tasty and very healthy, unlike products with flour.
If you have not tried such pancakes yet, take a closer look at this recipe, you will definitely be pleasantly surprised by their delicate taste. They're easy to fry, just spoon the squash directly into the pan. And to make the food even more dietary, then bake the pancakes in the oven. Although even fried in oil, at medium temperature, without burning, they are still dietary. Therefore, such a meal will be a win-win option for a quick lunch, dinner or breakfast. Serve the pancakes with sour cream, yogurt, sour cream and garlic or cheese sauce, or any savory breakfast sauce! They are delicious both hot and cold.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 159 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Zucchini caviar - 300 g
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- Semolina - 2 tablespoons
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - frying
- Salt - pinch or to taste
Step-by-step preparation of squash caviar pancakes:
1. Wash the eggs, break the shells and place the contents in a deep bowl.
If you increase the number of eggs, then proportionally increase the amount of semolina and caviar.
If you want to make lean pancakes, or you are a vegetarian, or you just run out of eggs, then replace them with an additional 2 tablespoons. (no top) semolina. Also, starch (potato or corn), oatmeal, and flaxseeds ground on a coffee grinder are considered a good binding element in dishes.
2. Whisk the eggs well until smooth and smooth so that small bubbles form on the surface. If you have time, you can gently crack the eggs and separate the yolk from the white. Beat each of them separately with a mixer until fluffy, and then carefully combine everything (add the proteins to the dough last). Then the pancakes will be more fluffy.
3. Add semolina to the egg mass. Instead of semolina, you can put oatmeal or flour, bran is also suitable. The oatmeal should be quick-cooked so that it cooks while the pancakes are frying. Do not use Extra Flakes, which must be boiled, for this recipe.
4. Stir well with a whisk to distribute the semolina evenly.
5. Add the squash caviar. You can cook it yourself (as I did) using one of the recipes published on the site. To do this, write the name of the recipe in the search line. Or buy a ready-made jar of squash caviar in the store, it is sold year-round.
Season with salt and pepper. But since squash caviar is already salty and spicy, do not overdo it with the amount of salt. You can also add any spices and spices to your taste. And if you want sweet pancakes, add a little sugar.
6.Stir the dough and leave it alone for 10-15 minutes so that the semolina swells and absorbs all the moisture. Then the pancakes will stick well and will not creep in the pan. The thickness of the dough should be like sour cream of medium fat content. If it seems to you that the dough is too runny, add another spoonful of semolina and stir.
Chopped greens or grated raw young carrots can be added to such pancakes. For spicy lovers, add grated onions or chopped garlic. Grated hard cheese will enrich the taste of pancakes.
7. Using a cooking brush, brush the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil (you can use olive oil) and heat well. The fat must be odorless. For baby food, I recommend frying the pancakes in a non-stick skillet. Such dishes require a minimum amount of oil, or you can do without it altogether.
Spoon the dough with a tablespoon and pour it into the pan, forming round pancakes. Heat medium heat and grill pancakes until golden, about 3 minutes. Watch the fire carefully so that the heating is optimal, then the pancakes will bake well inside. If the heating is insufficient, then they will be lightly fried. If, on the contrary, the fire is too strong, the pancakes will burn and will not be baked inside. Adjust to your skillet as in each pan, the pancakes will be different. It depends on the thermal conductivity (the material of which the pan is made, the thickness of the walls and the bottom).
8. Then turn the pancakes over to the back side, tap them slightly with a spatula so that they are flattened, so they will bake better. Cook them for about 1-2 minutes until they are nicely golden brown. Make sure not to burn, because they are very tender squash pulp. The roasting time is approximate, because the pan is different for everyone. Therefore, look at the readiness for pancakes. For children, you can put a lid on the pan and steam the pancakes.
The pancakes can be cooked in the oven. To do this, cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the dough. Bake the pancakes at 190 ° C for 10 minutes. Then turn over to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes. Oven baked zucchini pancakes are more dietary.
9. Put the finished pancakes on paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve the squash roe pancakes warm, freshly cooked. Eat them with sour cream, ketchup, or use them as a bread substitute for soups and other first courses. It is not customary to cook such pancakes for the future, tk. they are most delicious with the heat, heat.