How to cook fried zucchini in a pan with garlic and herbs at home? Technology, secrets, ingredient combinations. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
In summer, simple vegetable dishes are especially popular. Therefore, today I am sharing not a new, but delicious recipe - fried zucchini in a pan with garlic and herbs. They are tender and with a juicy center, ruddy and crispy. And how they have a rich taste and amazing aroma, which is simply impossible to resist. Such an appetizer is prepared very simply and quickly, so any novice housewife can cook it. In addition, due to the absence of breading, the zucchini are not very greasy. This is important for those counting calories.
Zucchini fried in a pan with garlic and mayonnaise can be served for any occasion, both for a home meal and for a festive event. For example, for a family dinner, serve this simple and delicious summer dish with young potatoes, fried fish or meat. And with a slice of bread, you get delicious sandwiches in general. A portioned appetizer will look festive on the festive table. To do this, use a little imagination and build turrets with sliced tomato rings out of them.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 101 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Zucchini - 3 pcs.
- Green onions - 3-4 feathers
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Parsley - 5-6 branches
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Dill - 5-6 branches
- Mayonnaise - 3 tablespoons or to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp no slide or to taste
Step by step cooking of fried zucchini with garlic and herbs:
1. Prepare the zucchini first. Wash them under running cold water and dry with a paper towel to remove all excess moisture. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut into rings 5-7 mm thick. But it is possible to cut thicker, about 1-1.5 cm, or thinner - 2-3 mm. The taste of the finished dish depends on the thickness of the slices. Sliced zucchini 1-1.5 cm will turn out to be more tender and soft inside, and sliced 2-3 mm will come out with a crispy crust similar to chips. I prefer cutting 5-7 mm thick, and you do as you like.
For this recipe, I advise you to choose young, small zucchini (I each have 300-350 g) with thin skin and unformed seeds. Large fruits are also suitable, but then the dense peel should be removed from them and the seeds along with the fibrous inner part should be removed. Then cut the pulp into rings, half rings or non-thick random pieces.
After cutting, I immediately fry the zucchini. But some housewives put them in a bowl, salt (0.5 tsp) and leave to salt for 15 minutes at room temperature. After that, the zucchini will start up the juice, which should be poured out. I do not do this, because I like the dish more juicy.
2. Then prepare the herbs. Rinse it well with running cold water to wash off all dust and dirt, and dry it with a paper towel. Place on a board and chop with a sharp knife.
3. Next, proceed to frying the courgettes. Take a suitable dish (I have a deep frying pan with a diameter of 26 cm). Pour (3-4 tablespoons) odorless vegetable oil into it and heat well. Put the zucchini in hot oil so that there is a small distance between the circles, then they will turn out to be crispy. The more zucchini in the pan, the slower they roast and may not turn out crispy. Roast them over a slightly above medium heat until the underside is browned.
There are options here.If desired, bread each circle in sifted wheat flour before frying. You can make egg batter and add grated cheese to it. This will completely change the taste of the usual dish.
4. When the underside of the courgettes is a pleasant golden color, gently flip them over to the back. Season them with salt and pepper. Zucchini is always salted at the end of cooking, otherwise it will release a lot of juice during frying. Reduce heat to medium and lightly fry to keep the cooked zucchini slightly crisp. Personally, during the frying process, I turn the round pieces several times so that they are evenly covered with a golden brown crust and do not burn out. Add sunflower oil to the pan as needed without removing the pan from the stove.
5. Put the prepared fried zucchini on a flat dish. You can pre-place them on a plate lined with paper towels so that they absorb excess oil.
6. Peel the garlic and season each zucchini circle with it. It can be passed through a press, grated on a fine grater or finely chopped with a knife. Choose the amount of garlic for this recipe to your liking, as well as the options for fresh herbs.
7. Then pour the zucchini with mayonnaise and sprinkle with chopped dill.
You can replace mayonnaise with sour cream, or mix sour cream with mustard, or take sour cream and mayonnaise in equal portions. You can also make garlic mayonnaise for dressing zucchini. To do this, peel the cloves of garlic and pass them through a garlic press or chop on a fine grater. Add mayonnaise and chopped fresh herbs to the garlic. Pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Apply this garlic mayonnaise to warm zucchini. Experiment and choose the option that suits you best.
8. Sprinkle the zucchini with chopped green onions and parsley. Some housewives additionally sprinkle them with vinegar or lemon juice.
Fry the rest of the vegetables in the same way. Either place the next batch of fried zucchini on a clean plate, or on top of the previous batch, in the form of turrets.
Such fried zucchini with garlic and herbs are delicious both warm and cold.