How to cook hot sandwiches in the oven with sausage, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes at home. Selection of products, rules and options for serving. Cooking secrets, step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Oven hot sandwiches, like their cold cousins, are considered a versatile snack for any occasion. They are good for picnics, hearty snacks and unexpected guests. The most sophisticated and beautifully decorated are used for the festive table. But they are especially in demand for breakfast for the whole family, because are prepared in a hurry. Hot sandwiches in the oven are simple, varied and allow any housewife to show their individuality. They are cooked with sausage, minced meat, cheese, sprats, saury, egg, vegetables, etc. As you can see, there are many options. They are baked in a variety of ways: in the oven, microwave or in a pan.
Today I offer the most delicious and mouth-watering hot sandwiches with sausage, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. They are so easy to prepare that even a schoolboy can do them. They turn out to be delicious and appetizing, and some call them mini pizza. They are great for filling and cooking in minutes with minimal effort. Slices of baguette or fresh bread with a crispy crust, complemented by a juicy and aromatic filling of sausage and cheese, and even hot - this is a real bomb! Although, even after cooling down, the sandwiches are very tasty!
- Caloric content per 100 g - 192 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Loaf or bread - 3 slices
- Sausage (I have boiled, but you can take half-smoked sausage, ham, sausages or wieners) - 200 g
- Ketchup - 1 tablespoon (can be replaced with tomato paste)
- Sun-dried tomatoes - 6 pcs.
- Hard cheese - 100 g
Step-by-step cooking of hot sandwiches in the oven with sausage and cheese:
1. Before cooking, turn on the oven to heat up to 180 ° C. This will speed up the cooking process. She will warm up while you prepare food and make a sandwich.
You can take any bread: whole grain, toast, gray. I'm working with rye today. You can use slightly dried bread for hot sandwiches. It forms sandwiches better and bakes better. Fresh bread often crumbles. Therefore, if you plan to cook hot sandwiches in the morning, then put fresh bread in the refrigerator in the evening. At the same time, make sure that the bread is not very stale. Nothing can save such a person.
So, cut the bread into slices no more than 1 cm thick. The sandwiches must be of the same thickness, otherwise they will not cook at the same time. Put prepared slices of bread on a baking sheet or any convenient baking dish. You can line the baking sheet with parchment paper for baking. I make sandwiches without her, but paper is better, because the baking sheet will not get dirty. You can use a silicone mat instead of paper.
2. Spread some ketchup on each slice of bread. You can mix it with mayonnaise or mustard. Make the layer very small so that the crumb of the bread does not soak. For a variety of flavors, season the bread with a variety of seasonings to your liking.
3. Place thin slices of sausage on top of the bread. If they are very thin, then you can put a few of them in order to taste better. Any sausage will do: ham, boiled, smoked, even sausages will do.
4. Top with slices of sun-dried tomatoes.First, remove excess oil from them by blotting the pieces with a paper napkin.
If you don't have sun-dried tomatoes, go for fresh tomatoes. Rinse them with cold water, pat dry with a paper towel and cut them into thin medium-sized slices so that they come out the width of a piece of bread. If the tomato is large, then cut each slice into halves. You can use cherry tomatoes, cut them into cubes or 2 pieces. Spread out fresh chopped tomatoes and season them with salt and pepper.
If you are preparing sandwiches with fresh tomato fruits, then take them juicy, but always dense. Since soft fruits in the process of cutting do not keep their shape well, and when baked, they creep into a shapeless mass and spoil the appearance of the dish.
5. Grate the cheese on a medium or coarse grater, or cut it into thin slices. But it will melt faster and more accurately when grated. The main criterion for choosing cheese for hot sandwiches is that it should melt well. Also try to take a natural product, without milk fat substitutes. Sprinkle grated cheese over each sandwich. Maintain a balance of bread and toppings. A soulful sandwich should have a lot of juicy filling, and delicious bread comes into harmony with it and is responsible for the shape. You can also make hot sandwiches covered like sandwiches. Then cover the filling on top with another slice of bread. It should be the same thickness as the bottom piece.
Place a baking sheet of sandwiches in a preheated oven. Bake them for about 10 minutes at 180-200 degrees. But since everyone's ovens are different, the temperature and cooking time may differ from those indicated in my recipe. Therefore, determine the readiness of the cheese. When it melts and acquires a beautiful golden color, hot sandwiches in the oven with sausage and cheese are considered ready.
Remove the prepared sandwiches from the oven, cool slightly and serve on a small plate as a separate portion for each eater. Alternatively, place them on one large, wide plate, pre-packed with lettuce leaves. They can be served as a standalone snack or as an addition to soups and broths.