A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a spicy appetizer from pickled eggplant at home. Nutritional value and calorie content. Cooking secrets and video recipe.
Eggplant is a favorite and very versatile vegetable by many. An incredible number of different dishes are prepared with it. Well, today it's a spicy snack. Incredibly tasty, moderately spicy and piquant pickled eggplants are so tasty that it is impossible to resist them. They are tasty and healthy, juicy and tender. Prepare very quickly and easily. If there are not enough spices, you can add more ground pepper. Eggplants can be cooked for a regular lunch or dinner, as well as for a festive table or for a picnic.
This appetizer recipe can be classified as useful, because eggplants are cooked in the oven and then soaked in the sauce. A savory appetizer is served chilled and goes well with boiled potatoes, various side dishes or meat dishes. And due to the fact that the appetizer is burning and spicy, it is perfect for all types of spirits. It is especially good to serve it with vodka. The recipe contains many different recommendations, but I will discuss them below in a step-by-step recipe with a photo.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 105 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Eggplant - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 1 tsp without slide
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Cilantro - a few twigs
- Green onions - 2-3 feathers
- Table vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 3 tablespoons
- Salt - 0, 5, or to taste
- Vegetable oil - 4-5 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Garlic - 1 clove
Step-by-step preparation of a spicy appetizer from pickled eggplant:
1. Peel carrots and onions, rinse with cold running water and dry with a paper towel.
Grate the carrots on a special grater for Korean carrots. This grater helps to make long, thin straws, making the appetizer look more beautiful in the dish. If this is not the case, then use a regular coarse grater, but rub the vegetable only in one direction along the entire length so that the straws are as long as possible.
Finely chop the peeled onions with a sharp knife into half rings or quarter rings. To prevent tears from flowing during slicing, use a chilled vegetable. Pre-cool the knife in the refrigerator and moisten it with water from time to time when cutting.
2. Fill a medium bowl with cold water and place in the cilantro and green onions. This will help remove dirt and dirt from the greenery. Rinse with running water and absorb excess water with a paper towel.
Remove discolored and wilted leaves from the bunch of cilantro, if present, and discard. Cut off the cilantro stems closest to the bottom. They contain flavor, so you can save them for soups. Cut the remaining branches.
Remove any wilted and brown layers from each spring onion stalk. To do this, grasping the faded part, pull it down. Discard these unusable stems. From the green onion feathers, cut off any brown ends, if any, and cut into 6mm pieces. Onions can be chopped coarser if you prefer. Sliced at a 45 degree angle will make it visually more appealing in the dish. For a snack, you can use both green feathers and the white part of the stem.
Peel the garlic and finely chop or pass through a press.
3. Wash the eggplant with cold water and dry with a cotton towel. Cut off ends on both sides, cut in half, or any other convenient shape to fit into your baking dish. Lay out their baking dish, cut side up.
Take only young eggplants with shiny skin, they do not contain bitterness. If there are none, then this bitterness must be removed from the fruit, if it is not spicy for you. There are several ways to remove bitterness. The first one is wet, it involves soaking sliced eggplants for half an hour in salted water (1 tablespoon salt per 1 liter of water). The eggplants will float, so press them down with a saucer. The second way is dry. Sprinkle the flesh of the chopped eggplant with salt and leave for 20 minutes. After that (regardless of the method used), rinse the eggplants under running water, and they will be ready for further work.
4. Salt the sliced eggplants. If the bitterness was previously removed from them with the help of salt, then they do not need to be additionally salted. Send them to bake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
You can also prepare eggplants for a snack in a dietary way - this is to boil them. You can cook it whole - 20 minutes until cooked after boiling water. Or boil the vegetable cut into pieces for 10-12 minutes. Eggplants are also boiled in the microwave for 3 minutes. You can also fry them for the recipe, but keep in mind that the eggplant pulp actively absorbs oil during frying. Therefore, the dish will be more high-calorie. They fry the blue ones cut into slices of the size they want to see in the appetizer. This is done in a skillet in well-heated vegetable oil over medium heat. This usually takes 5-7 minutes.
5. Cool the finished eggplants, regardless of the chosen method of preparation, to room temperature. If you baked them or cooked them in large pieces, then cut them into medium-sized slices. Do not chop them very finely, otherwise they may crumple and turn into mashed potatoes while stirring in an appetizer.
6. In a bowl for pickling, send all fresh chopped vegetables with herbs and add salt and black pepper. Do not overdo it with salt, because the appetizer also contains soy sauce, which will add more salt to the dish. If desired, add ground coriander to the recipe; it works well for pickled dishes.
7. Next, add soy sauce to the food. At the moment I have a classic (Classic). The base sauce can be replaced with any other one. For example, with the taste of ginger, garlic, wasabi.
8. Add unscented refined vegetable oil. You can replace it with a good quality olive Extra Virgen.
9. Pour vinegar into the food. It can be substituted with apple cider vinegar. But then keep in mind that unlike table vinegar, which has a pronounced sharp and sour taste with a smell, apple cider is natural and less vigorous. Therefore, it must be added to food in a larger volume, somewhere in 2-2, 5 times.
10. Stir the vegetables and add the baked eggplant to them.
11. Stir everything again gently and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. Then send the snack to the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, because Chilled pickled eggplant spicy appetizers are more delicious. Put the finished dish in a serving bowl, sprinkle with chopped dill and serve with meat, meat and sausages.