How to cook fried zucchini in a pan with garlic and mayonnaise at home? Secrets of the dish, serving options and combinations of ingredients. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
In summer, simple and affordable vegetable dishes are especially popular. One of these is a recipe for fried zucchini with garlic and mayonnaise. Simple, easy, fast! This dish is especially popular among housewives, because it can be cooked in a few minutes. At the same time, the zucchini turns out to be ruddy, with a crispy crust, a tender and juicy center. And thanks to the garlic, the dish acquires an amazing aroma. That is why I am sharing this recipe with you.
Pan-fried zucchini with garlic and mayonnaise can be served for any occasion. They are suitable for an everyday family dinner and will not go unnoticed even on a festive table. This unpretentious and incredibly soulful snack will win everyone from the first bite. The golden-brown toasted zucchini slices are tempting and very appetizing in appearance and taste. They are dominated by piquant pungency and rich aroma. If you have never heard of such a dish before, then be sure to try it. Now let's move on to the recipe and see how this delicious appetizer of fried zucchini is prepared in a pan with mayonnaise, green onions and garlic, step by step with a photo.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 112 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Zucchini - 2-3 pcs. (depending on size)
- Green onions - small bunch
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Mayonnaise - 50-80 g or to taste
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Salt - 1 tsp topless or to taste
Step by step preparation of fried zucchini with garlic and mayonnaise:
1. Wash the zucchini with running water and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut the fruit into rings about 1 cm thick. Although they can be cut into washers 3-5 mm thick. The taste of the dish depends on the thickness of the slices. From very thin slices, zucchini are more crispy and fried, which is thicker - with a soft center and a ruddy crust. If the vegetable is very large, then cut the zucchini rings in half.
For this recipe, choose a young and small zucchini, so that each is about 350 g. They have a thin skin and not formed seeds. Large fruits are also suitable, but then you need to remove the dense peel from them and remove the seeds along with the fibrous inner part.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat it well. Place the zucchini rings in it. Season with salt and pepper. Fry them over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes, until the underside is browned well.
Some zucchini are breaded in flour or breadcrumbs before frying. This can be done if you are used to cooking this way. I prefer the natural flavor of zucchini without flour batter.
3. Turn the zucchini over and cook for another 5 minutes, until the underside of the vegetable is a nice golden brown.
In the process of frying, you can turn the zucchini several times so that they are evenly covered with a golden brown crust and do not burn out.
You can cook zucchini not only in a pan, but also in a slow cooker, or bake them in the oven on a baking sheet. The last option is the most dietary, because baking requires a minimum amount of oil.
4. While the zucchini is roasting, prepare the rest of the food.
Wash green onions with cold running water and dry with a paper towel.Cut off the white base as we do not need it in the recipe. Finely cut the green part of the feathers into rings.
Peel the garlic and rinse.
5. Remove the fried zucchini from the pan. To keep them crispy, remove excess oil first. To do this, place the fried zucchini on a paper towel and blot both sides. Then place them in one layer on a serving plate. Season them with garlic, passed through a press, or chop the garlic finely. You can adjust the amount of garlic for this simple and quick recipe to your liking.
6. Pour some mayonnaise on each zucchini ring and spread it evenly over the entire surface. You can prepare mayonnaise yourself, it is done in a matter of minutes. You can find his recipe on the pages of the site using the search bar. Or, if you are not a supporter of this product, then replace mayonnaise with sour cream mixed with a small amount of mustard.
7. Sprinkle the fried zucchini in a pan with garlic and mayonnaise with chopped green onions. Although you can choose fresh herbs to your taste: dill, parsley, cilantro.
You can serve zucchini prepared according to this recipe both hot and cold. They go well with boiled new potatoes. Or they can become an independent snack if they are laid out on slices of bread. Then you get delicious sandwiches.
I do not recommend storing ready-made fried zucchini soaked in mayonnaise and garlic in the refrigerator. As they lose their taste, they will flow and take on an unappetizing appearance. It is better to cook them right away for one meal.