A step-by-step recipe with a photo of quick cooking liver sausage at home. Features, secrets and technology of making the dish. Video recipe.
Classic liver sausage is prepared from pre-cooked or blanched meat and offal. In production, low-grade by-products are usually used for it: scar, ligaments, tendons. Then the boiled products are carefully chopped and turned into minced meat. The resulting emulsion is placed in the intestines and the same sausage is prepared, which on the cut has a greasy consistency of gray, yellow, yellow-gray.
I propose to simplify the technological process and prepare the sausage in an easier and faster way. In addition, we will not use pig intestines, which are difficult to find in urban areas. And the composition of the sausage will only be made from natural and high-quality products. How to do this, I will describe in detail below in a step-by-step recipe with a photo. Homemade liver sausage, prepared according to the proposed recipe, turns out to be very tasty, and of course, it cannot be compared with its industrial analogue. The sausage is obtained with a rich liver taste and a unique aroma.
It is used as a cold snack. It is very tasty to serve it on a slice of bread with hot mustard. Try making liver sausage at home and you won't regret it. I am sure that you will never buy it in the store again.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 132 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Chicken hearts - 100 g
- Ground red pepper - on the tip of a knife
- Light (I have chicken) - 100 g
- Semolina - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 tsp no tops or floor to taste
- Chicken stomachs - 100 g
- Dried ground garlic - 1 tsp (can be fresh slices)
- Lard - 150 g
- Chicken liver - 350 g
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Step by step cooking liver sausage:
1. Rinse all offal well with running cold water. Remove excess films and grease from them. Clean the lungs from large tracheas, the liver from the veins-ducts and the upper film, and the heart from large vessels and blood clots. If you have time, soak pork, beef and veal livers in cold water for 30 minutes to remove the bitterness (don't do this with chicken, rabbit and turkey livers).
Then place the offal into a food processor, into which the cutter attachment is placed.
For homemade liver sausage, you can take offal (liver, heart, stomachs, lungs) of any animals: pork, beef, lamb, veal, turkey, rabbit. You can also use assorted and combine different varieties. Often, a piece of sirloin is added to the minced meat. You can change the proportions and quantity of offal. The taste of the sausage will depend on this. You can make liver sausage exclusively from the liver, it will be the most delicious.
2. Convert all offal into a homogeneous mass.
If you don't have a food processor, use a meat grinder. But then twist the food twice to make the mass as homogeneous as possible. If you have a blender, then the second time you can use it to bring the liver to the state of a homogeneous emulsion, then you get a sausage with a consistency like a store.
3. Cut lard without skin into medium-sized cubes. In principle, the shape of its slicing is not important. What size you want to see pieces of bacon in the finished sausage, so cut it. Lard will add juiciness to the sausage. It can be taken as regular or with meat slots.
4. Add salt, black pepper, red pepper and dried garlic to the minced meat. If using fresh garlic cloves, run them through a press.Pour the semolina next. It will hold the food together and the sausage will not fall apart when cutting. Instead of semolina, you can use raw eggs (1 pc. For the suggested amount of offal in the recipe). Also in industrial recipes for liver sausage, various other cereals and cereals are put into minced meat. Therefore, you can add any of your favorite types of cereals for satiety and taste. The only exception is that if you put oatmeal, use it raw, if rice or buckwheat - then boiled until half cooked.
5. Stir the minced meat well. Its consistency should not be dry. Add a spoonful of butter, sour cream, or cream if needed. I didn't.
6. Next, shape the sausages. Since we cook them without guts, take a roll of cling film. Unwind a piece of it and spread it on the countertop. Put a serving of minced meat on it.
Liver sausage can be prepared at home by wrapping the minced meat in a plastic bag or baking sleeve.
7. Wrap the minced meat in plastic wrap to make a sausage, as shown in the photo. Do not fill the prepared bowels very tightly, otherwise they may burst during cooking. The semi-finished product should be soft when pressed.
Of course, if you have pork intestines, then fill them with liver. But clean them first and treat them well. If you just bought them, then turn them out and clean them thoroughly. Then rinse with running water and soak for about an hour in salt water (for 1 liter of water - 2 tablespoons of salt). You can add 1 tbsp. table vinegar to disinfect. It is most convenient to stuff the intestines with minced meat using the stuffing attachment, which comes with modern meat grinders. There is also a pork intestine substitute on sale - a collagen casing.
Adjust the thickness of the sausage to your liking, because it can be different. I did, as in the industrial analogue - 5 cm.
8. Pour drinking water into a pot and send it to the stove. Season with salt and bring to a boil.
9. Make a couple of punctures on the sausage with a thick needle or toothpick so that excess air can freely escape during cooking. Otherwise, the shell may swell.
The resulting sausage loaves can be tied with twine, as in the industrial analogue. This does not affect the taste in any way, but only gives the appropriate appearance.
Dip the prepared sausages into boiling water. Bring the water to a boil again. Reduce the temperature to the lowest setting and cook the sausage covered for 50 minutes. Although the cooking time depends on the thickness of the sausage. If you made the sausage thicker, about 7 cm, then cook it for about 1 hour.
10. Remove the sausages from the saucepan, place on a plate and leave to cool to room temperature. Then send them to the refrigerator to cool completely. At first, the sausage will be soft after boiling, and after cooling it will acquire a dense structure.
11. Remove the plastic wrap from the well-chilled liver sausage. If the product was prepared in the gut, then it is not necessary to remove it. Cut the sausage into slices and serve. The shelf life of liverwurst sausage in the refrigerator chamber, where the temperature is from 2 ° C to 6 ° C, is no more than 3 days. If you want to prepare it for future use, then freeze your homemade product in a freezer at a temperature below -18 ° C, and store it there for up to 3-4 months.