A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making semolina muffins on sour cream with strawberries at home. Ingredient combinations and baking secrets. Video recipe.
Why do I love mannik so much? You need a minimum of products, and almost all of them are available and at hand. The product is prepared quickly, with the exception of withstanding the semolina swelling dough, but this procedure is rather simple and during it you can do other things. Baking always, without exception, turns out to be delicious, very soft and with a delicate structure. But the main thing is that one or two of these muffins with a cup of tea will replace a full breakfast in the morning. Since manniks are nourishing and well-nourishing, you can forget about the feeling of hunger until lunchtime.
As you can see, semolina can be used not only for making semolina, which not everyone likes, but especially children. It is suitable for many other dishes that no one will definitely refuse. These cupcakes are perfect for homemade tea with your family. And if you bake one large cake from this dough, then the manna on sour cream can be easily turned into a real cake. To do this, carefully cut the cake in half horizontally and smear with any cream or jam.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 198 kcal.
- Servings - 6
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Semolina - 150 g
- Sugar - 100 g
- Sour cream - 200 g
- Baking soda - 0.25 tsp
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Strawberry - 150 g
- Salt - a pinch
- Soft cheese - 100 g (optional)
Step-by-step preparation of semolina muffins with sour cream and strawberries:
1. Put sour cream of any fat content 10-20% in a deep bowl (I have 15%). You can also experiment with melted sour cream, the result will definitely please. With sour cream, baked goods are always crumbly and tender. But instead of it, you can also cook the dough on other products. For example, on kefir, muffins will turn out to be less high-calorie, but no less tasty. However, mannik is baked in milk (regular or baked), fermented baked milk, natural or fruit yogurt, and fermented milk, and cream. The taste of the products will depend on the chosen base.
Always take sour cream or other fermented milk products at a warm room temperature so that the soda in the dough will react correctly. If you just took them out of the refrigerator, then heat them up to about 37 degrees so that they barely become warm. Fermented milk products should not be hot, so do not overheat. Check their temperature by lowering a clean finger.
Add sugar to sour cream. You can use it not only white, but also brown. You can also sweeten the dough with liquid honey or some kind of syrup. You can vary the amount of sweetness, because it depends on your preference.
2. Then add a pinch of salt. Despite the fact that you are preparing sweet pastries, salt in the dough is a must. There are several reasons for this. First, salt is a flavor catalyst. It activates the taste buds and enhances the taste of the product. Secondly, it strengthens the dough. The salty mass will always turn out more magnificent and stronger than the fresh one. Thirdly, it removes obsessive sweetness and eliminates cloying. Fourth, salt is a preservative, so salted desserts can last longer. Moreover, even in small quantities, it increases the shelf life.
3. Then add semolina to the food. If the base of the dough is prepared in milk, then add cereals to 1 tbsp. more so that the dough is not too runny.
4. Grate soft cheese and send to food. Adding it is optional, but optional. I like baked goods with cheese because it turns out to be softer and more airy.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and leave the dough for half an hour to soak and swell the semolina.Then the muffins will turn out to be crumbly, granular and moderately moist.
6. By the time the semolina is ready, wash the eggs with running cold water, dry with a towel and pour the contents into a bowl. Beat slowly with a mixer at first, and then gradually accelerate. If you immediately begin to beat vigorously, then the proteins may remain liquid. Move clockwise all the time, lowering the instrument to the very bottom. When the mass brightens, increases in volume and acquires a uniform lemon hue, the eggs are considered ready for further work.
7. Put the egg mass into the swollen dough. Use a whisk or mixer at low speed to knead to a homogeneous smooth dough so that there are no lumps. Its consistency should be like thick sour cream.
Add baking soda and stir well. Always put baking soda at the very end of the batch and mix the dough thoroughly. It is not necessary to extinguish it with vinegar, it needs an acidic environment and in our case it will be extinguished with sour cream. You can add vanilla sugar, ground ginger powder, nutmeg, or vanillin to enhance the flavor.
8. Wash the strawberries under running cold water to remove dirt, dust and sand. It is important to wash the berries immediately before use, and do not remove the leaves from them before washing. Then dry the strawberries with a paper towel and remove the green stem. Cut large fruits into pieces into 2-4 slices, and leave the smallest ones intact. Send the strawberries to the dough.
Take firm and firm strawberries. You can use them for a recipe not only fresh, but also frozen and even canned. Then it will be necessary to slightly reduce the amount of liquid components, because frozen and canned strawberries will give more moisture to the dough.
With the recipe, you can fantasize and ennoble the taste by adding any flavoring additives, not just strawberries. Use berries and fruits that are appropriate for the season. You can also make chocolate cupcakes by adding 1 tablespoon to the dough. cocoa powder. You can put instant coffee; coffee lovers will like these pastries.
9. Stir the dough with a spoon so that the berries are evenly distributed throughout the mass.
10. After mixing the dough, place it in a baking dish. If you have metal, grease the walls and bottom with vegetable or butter. You can also put paper inserts in the molds, do not lubricate them with anything. I have silicone molds, which can not be lubricated. In them, the baked goods do not burn and are well extracted in finished form.
You can also bake one large muffin by pouring the dough into a large donut, square or round pan, or into a cast iron skillet.
Fill in any selected forms with a 2/3 part dough. the product may rise slightly during baking.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and send the muffins to bake for 30 minutes. If you cook one large cake, the baking time will increase to 40-45 minutes. In any case, check the readiness with a wooden stick. The most proven and best way to know if a baked product is ready is to try it with a wooden stick (match, toothpick, skewer). Pierce the product in the thickest place: if there are no traces of dough left on the stick, and it is dry, then the baked goods are definitely ready!
The oven is not the only way where you can cook manna. They are also cooked in a multicooker in the "Bake" mode for 30 minutes or in a double boiler in a rice bowl for about an hour. A microwave oven is also suitable, at maximum power (from 850 kW), the manna will be ready in 10 minutes.
Cool the prepared semolina muffins on sour cream with strawberries and serve to the dessert table. They can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, drizzle with cinnamon for flavor, or melted chocolate (black, white, or milk) or whipped cream.