The main varieties of pies and dough for their preparation. TOP-7 best recipes with delicious fillings that every housewife can do, step-by-step instructions. Video recipes.
Patties are a small piece of dough that has an elongated shape or a crescent shape with a filling inside. For their production, yeast, puff or combination dough is used. As a filling, you can use mashed potatoes, onions with eggs, cherries, curd mass, meat, minced fish and many more different products. After forming, the pies are baked in the oven, deep-fried or fried in a pan. Next is the step-by-step process of making baked goods from different types of dough and with different fillings.
Features of making pies
Depending on the type of pies, they can be served as an appetizer, sweet pastry for tea, or as an addition to various dishes. So, products with meat, vegetables or cereal filling are perfect for hot or cold meat broth and soup. Fish filling - for fish broths and soups, and mushroom - for mushroom ones. Sweet pies with cherries, strawberries, apples, raspberries, blueberries, bananas or cottage cheese are a great treat for any tea party.
The dough for pies can be of several types:
- Yeast… For its preparation, you can use dry or live yeast. It is prepared in a dough or unpaired way. Whichever method you choose, the dough is left warm for a while so that it comes up. The formed patties should also stand a little before baking.
- Puff… To make it tender and multi-layered, you need to add a lot of fat. You can also take purchase sheets, this will significantly speed up the baking process.
- Butter… A feature of this type of dough is the use of a large number of ingredients. It can be flavored with sour cream, cream, eggs and raisins.
- Unleavened… It is kneaded with kefir or water, it turns out thin, with light layering. It is versatile and suitable for baking with any filling.
How to sculpt pies depending on their shape:
- Oval… The dough is placed on a floured table, after which a tourniquet is rolled out of it. The preferred diameter is 5-6 cm. The rope is cut into small pieces, which should not weigh more than 60 g, each is formed into a ball, and from it - a cake. Instead of a tourniquet, you can roll out the dough into a layer and squeeze the cakes into it with a glass. The filling is placed in the center of each, after which it remains only to connect the opposite edges.
- Triangular… The dough rolled into a layer is cut into squares. The edges are smeared with an egg, the filling is placed in the center. Having folded the dough obliquely, so that the edges coincide, they are pressed with a knife.
- Semicircular… Circles are cut out of the rolled dough, for which a glass is used. The filling is placed in the middle. And then, folding the workpiece in half, the edges are greased with an egg and squeezed with a knife.
- Round… Circles are cut out in the rolled dough with a glass. Half are smeared with an egg. The filling is placed in the center of each, and on top is the second circle, which has not been smeared with an egg. The edges of the pie are squeezed with a knife or fingers.
The pies can be baked in the oven or fried in a skillet. In the first case, to get an appetizing crust, they need to be greased with an egg, sweet tea or milk. Each product is placed on a baking sheet greased with sunflower oil at a distance of 3-4 cm from each other and baked for 15-20 minutes at 220 ° C.
If you cook pies in a pan, they will turn out to be quite fatty, because they need to be fried in butter or sunflower oil. After cooking, each piece should be placed on a paper towel to soak up excess fat.It is important not to cover the pan with a lid during frying, as condensation collects under it, falling down and making the baked goods watery. You can cover it with a lid only at the final stage of cooking, when the pies are almost ready and you only need to bake them slightly from the inside.
TOP 7 delicious recipes for pies
If you want to surprise your guests and loved ones with delicious pastries, take advantage of several recipes for pies in the oven and in a frying pan. It is enough to learn how to properly prepare yeast and puff pastry, and you can choose the filling at your discretion. We will tell you how to make pies according to the classic recipe, and you can adapt the recipe to your own preferences.
Classic pies with green onions and eggs
This is the most famous baking recipe that uses only affordable and simple products. Such pies are prepared with yeast. If there is no "live" yeast, dry yeast can be used, but they should be taken 3 times more by volume. For the filling, both chicken and quail eggs are suitable, the latter need to be taken 2 times more.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 261 kcal.
- Servings - 25
- Cooking time - 1.5 hours
- Fresh yeast - 20 g
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Milk - 300 ml
- Flour - 600 g
- Butter - 80 g
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Green onions (feathers) - 50 g
- Sugar - 1 tsp
How to prepare the classic green onion and egg patties step by step:
- First, make a yeast dough, for this sift the flour, throw a little salt into it.
- In a separate deep container, mash the yeast with a fork, add sugar to it. Warm 50 ml of milk slightly (up to a maximum of 40 ° C), pour over yeast, stir everything until smooth and put in heat for 10 minutes.
- When the dough on the yeast pies begins to foam, pour it into the sifted flour.
- Beat 1 egg into the resulting mass, pour out the rest of the warm milk and knead the dough thoroughly with your hands. It should become elastic and soft.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover with a damp towel and heat for 2 hours to increase in size.
- Boil 3 hard-boiled eggs, chill, peel and chop finely.
- Wash the onion, chop with a knife and mix with the chopped eggs.
- Add 50 g softened butter and a little salt to the egg-onion mixture.
- Roll out the dough thinly, squeeze out the desired size cakes, place the filling in the middle of each and mold the onion and egg pies.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil and place them seam down at some distance from each other. Brush with beaten egg on top.
- Bake the pies in the oven for 20 minutes at 190 ° C.
According to the same recipe, you can cook not only small pies with green onions and eggs, but also a large pie. However, keep in mind that you need to bake it 2 times longer.
Pies with rice, egg and onion
Unlike the previous recipe, in which pies were prepared in milk, in this case the yeast dough is kneaded with kefir. It will take you about 2 hours for 10 tasty and aromatic products. Rice is best taken round, it turns out to be softer, and the filling is much juicier.
- Flour - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Dry yeast - 4 tsp
- Green onion - 3 stalks
- Chicken egg - 5 pcs.
- Sunflower oil - 0.5 tbsp.
- Kefir - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Rice - 1 tbsp.
Step by step preparation of pies with rice, eggs and onions:
- First, make a yeast dough for kefir pies, for this sift the flour, and slightly heat the kefir and sunflower oil. Pour kefir, butter into flour, add sugar, dry yeast and salt. Mix everything thoroughly and knead the dough. Place it in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the rice with cold water, boil until tender.
- Hard-boiled eggs, chill, peel and finely chop.
- Wash the onion and chop finely. You can take more onions if you wish.
- Make the filling by mixing rice, eggs and onion.
- Roll out the dough thinly, cut into portions, make pancakes out of them, place the filling in the center of each. Form oval patties with egg, onion and rice.
- Grease all products on top with melted butter or beaten egg.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Serve pies with onions, eggs and rice with tea or use as a quick snack. These are hearty pastries that will appeal to both adults and children.
Fried pies with cabbage
Another recipe from yeast dough, but this time the cabbage pies are not baked, but fried in a pan. In just 1 hour, you will receive 10 juicy and tasty products with thin crust and a lot of filling. Knead the dough for pies in water or warm potato broth.
- Flour - 800 g
- Salt - 10 g
- Fresh yeast - 24 g
- White cabbage - 1 kg
- Onions - 100 g
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 0.5 l
- Sugar - 6 g
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp.
- Carrots - 150 g
Step by step preparation of fried pies with cabbage:
- Pour warm water into a deep container, dilute salt, sugar, yeast in it, pour in sunflower oil. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Pour flour into a homogeneous mixture and knead a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Knead it again with the addition of sunflower oil, roll it into a ball and place in heat so that it increases in size.
- Wash the cabbage, cut finely. In a skillet, heat the sunflower oil and throw chopped cabbage into it.
- Wash carrots, peel and chop on a coarse grater.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Throw carrots and onions to the cabbage, salt everything, cover and simmer over low heat.
- When the volume of cabbage is reduced by 2 times, and it releases juice, pour tomato paste and a little water into the vegetable mass. Simmer vegetables with pasta until the cabbage is done.
- Roll the dough into a tourniquet, divide into portions, make a cake from each. Place the filling in the center of the pancake, close the edges, forming an oval pie.
- Fry them in sunflower oil on both sides over low heat until golden brown. Pour a lot of oil into the skillet so that it reaches the middle of the pie.
When ready, place the fried cabbage pies on parchment paper to rid them of excess fat. By the way, they will turn out to be no less tasty if you use sauerkraut instead of fresh cabbage.
In this recipe for pies, ready-made puff pastry is used, due to which it takes no more than half an hour to cook. A special feature of baking is a large amount of aromatic spices in the filling. You will know that your apple pies are ready by the incredible smell of cinnamon and nutmeg, which will spread throughout the apartment.
- Puff pastry - 1 pc.
- Water - 2, 5 tbsp.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice - 0.5 tsp
- Nutmeg - 0.2 tsp
- Corn starch - 1 tablespoon
- Chicken egg - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 0.2 tsp
Step-by-step preparation of apple pies:
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin so that it becomes 2 times thinner. Squeeze circles on it with a glass.
- Mix water and starch in a separate deep container.
- Break the egg into a separate bowl and beat it with a whisk.
- Wash the apple, peel and chop finely. Place it in a small saucepan, add sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg and cloves to it. Cook the filling over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When the apples are soft, add the diluted starch to them. Cook the puff pastry filling until the liquid has completely evaporated. Remove the prepared mass from the stove and set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp for each circle. apple filling. Form half-round puff pastry patties and press the edges tightly.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment, place the formed pies on it, grease them on top with a beaten egg. Bake in an oven preheated to 190 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
Serve apple pies with tea, cocoa, coffee, or a glass of warm milk.
Fried pies with potatoes
According to this recipe, pies without yeast are prepared, the dough is kneaded with kefir. You can eat baked goods both hot and cold. Each product is fried in vegetable oil in a frying pan and turns out to be very soft and tasty.
- Kefir - 250 ml (for dough)
- Soda - 0.5 tsp (for test)
- Eggs - 2 pcs. (for test)
- Sugar - 1 tsp (for test)
- Salt - 1 pinch (for dough)
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons (for test)
- Flour - 500-550 g (for dough)
- Potatoes - 400 g (for filling)
- Onions - 2-3 pcs. (For filling)
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons (For filling)
- Butter - 1 tablespoon (For filling)
- Salt, black pepper - to taste (for filling)
- Vegetable oil - for frying (for filling)
Step by step preparation of fried pies with potatoes:
- Peel the potatoes, wash, boil until tender in slightly salted water. Drain the liquid.
- Peel the onion, finely chop, lightly salt. Fry it in a pan in a mixture of sunflower and butter until golden brown.
- Mash hot potatoes in mashed potatoes, add fried onions with butter to it, mix everything and cool the filling.
- Add soda to kefir, stir everything.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with salt, sugar and sunflower oil.
- Combine the egg and kefir mixture, mix everything and knead the dough, gradually adding the sifted flour.
- Divide it into balls of the same size, from each make a cake, in the center of which place 1 tbsp. fillings. Form into oblong potato patties.
- Fry them in hot sunflower oil on both sides over medium heat. To cook them, cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat.
Serve pies with potato filling for tea or as a light snack with a glass of low-fat kefir.
Puff pastries with cottage cheese
It is much faster to make these baked goods from ready-made puff pastry, but if you want crispy and very tender cottage cheese pies, try to knead it yourself. For the filling, it is better to use low-fat cottage cheese, since the dough already contains butter, which will give the baked goods the necessary softness and juiciness.
- Butter - 100 g
- Chicken egg - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice - 10 ml
- Cottage cheese (5-9%) - 200 g
- Egg yolk - 1 pc.
- Flour - 200 g
- Water - 60 ml
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Sugar - 30 g
Step-by-step preparation of puff pastries with cottage cheese:
- Sift flour into a deep container, add soft butter to it and grind the food into small crumbs.
- Beat an egg into a cup, pour in 1/3 tbsp. water, 1 tsp. lemon juice and stir everything thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour, add salt and mix. Knead a soft dough that won't stick to your hands. If necessary, add a little flour during kneading. Place the finished dough in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Roll it into a layer 3-4 mm thick, squeeze circles 8-10 cm in diameter in it with a glass.
- Mash cottage cheese with a fork, add sugar to it and stir.
- Place the filling in the center on each circle, fasten the edges.
- Place the cottage cheese pies on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Top each product with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 185 ° C.
Sweet cottage cheese pies can be prepared for family tea or served with morning coffee. When they have cooled slightly, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar if desired.
Pies with meat and rice
This is a very tasty and satisfying pastry, chicken fillet is used in the recipe for pies with meat, but if you wish, you can take pork, beef or mixed mince. It is better to use round rice, it boils well, and the filling is soft and juicy.
- Butter - 50 g
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 0.5 tbsp.
- Chicken fillet - 300 g
- Milk - 150 ml
- Yeast - 0.5 pcs.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Bulb onions - 1 pc.
- Rice - 0.5 tbsp.
Step by step cooking of meat and rice pies:
- Heat the milk slightly and dilute 1/2 pack of fresh yeast in it. Pour sugar, salt into the mass, beat in an egg, pour in melted butter. Pouring in the gradually sifted flour, replace the yeast-free dough.
- Put it in a warm place to expand it. Roll the finished dough into a tourniquet and cut into portions, from each make a small cake.
- Rinse the rice in cold water, boil until tender in lightly salted water.
- Boil the chicken fillet until tender, cool slightly and twist it in a meat grinder or chop finely with a knife.
- Peel the onion, chop finely, fry until golden brown in vegetable oil.
- Add fillets to the fried onions in the pan, fry everything again.
- Pour cooked rice, salt and spices to your taste into the onion-meat mixture. Mix everything.
- Place 1 tablespoon in the middle of each tortilla. finished filling. Pinch the edges of the meat and rice pies.
- Place them evenly on a greased mold. Bake them for 15-20 minutes at 180 ° C.
Ready-made pies with meat can be served instead of bread for the first courses, they also go well with meat and vegetable broths.