A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making banana muffins with kefir and beer with oatmeal and semolina at home. Baking technology and secrets. Video recipe.
Puffed banana muffins have long been hugely popular in America and Europe. There are many recipes and variations for making this sweet pastry. Today I propose a recipe for homemade pastries that will delight you with their taste. Banana muffins with kefir and beer with oatmeal and semolina are fluffy, soft and with a delicate structure. If you have purchased bananas that were not eaten on time and they have become overripe, prepare such fragrant and very tasty pastries. They are perfect for homemade tea drinking, and I am sure that the result will definitely please you, because these cupcakes are sheer delight!
Although you can experiment with additives. For example, replace bananas with seasonal berries or fruits: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, persimmons, etc. The technology for preparing these muffins is very simple - just mix all the products. The recipe does not take much time. Although these muffins take a little longer to cook than normal muffins. the poured semolina must first be left for some time to swell. But the procedure itself is simple, but while the semolina swells, you can do other things. But the result will exceed all your expectations. The baked goods are incredibly tender, slightly moist inside, with a unique aroma of bananas and vanilla.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 289 kcal.
- Servings Per Container - 17
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Kefir - 250 ml
- Refined vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Vanillin - 2 g
- Beer - 120 ml
- Ground nutmeg - 1 tsp without top
- Vodka - 1 tablespoon
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Oatmeal - 80 g
- Semolina - 120 g
- Wheat flour - 60 g
- Banana - 1 pc.
- Potato starch - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 100 g
- Baking powder - 2 tsp (or soda - 0.5 tsp)
- Salt - a pinch
Step-by-step preparation of banana muffins with kefir and beer with oatmeal and semolina:
1. First of all, combine all the liquid components. Pour warm kefir into a bowl. If you just got it out of the refrigerator, then heat it up to about 37 degrees so that it becomes barely warm. But do not overheat as it should not be very hot. Check the temperature with a clean finger.
Instead of kefir, you can use any other fermented milk products: sour cream, fermented baked milk, natural yogurt, fermented milk. The flavor and texture of the muffins will depend on the base you choose. In this case, any products used must be at room temperature. Because baking powder or baking soda interacts better with warm lactic acid, the end result is a richer and more flavorful baked product. Therefore, remove the food from the refrigerator one hour before cooking.
2. Add beer to kefir. In order not to cool the temperature of the fermented milk product, beer and all other products should also be at room temperature. Therefore, also remove them from the refrigerator in advance.
Any beer is suitable for making the dough, both light and dark beer, fresh or exhausted, or even sour. Do not use soft drinks and beer drinks. There is no yeast in them and the baked goods will not turn out to be airy. I personally advise you to use light beers, as dark beers are more astringent and can give an unnecessary malt flavor to baked goods.
3. Pour in vodka next. The alcohol contained in vodka begins to evaporate at a sufficiently high temperature, therefore, during the baking process, the dough is saturated with air and becomes fluffy.In addition, a spoonful of vodka will improve the taste of the dough, make the baked goods more beautiful and the products will bake better.
Then pour in odorless vegetable oil. It can be replaced with melted butter.
4. Rinse the egg with cold running water, break the shell and pour the contents into a container. Use eggs at room temperature so as not to cool the temperature of kefir. Instead of one chicken egg, you can take 2 pieces. quail.
5. Whisk the liquid components until smooth and uniform.
6. In another container, combine all dry ingredients: semolina, flour, oatmeal, starch, soda, sugar, nutmeg, vanillin.
Add the amount of sugar to the dough to your liking. You can use it not only white, but also brown. You can not add it at all, if the sweetness of bananas is enough or replace it with liquid honey or Jerusalem artichoke syrup (add them not to dry, but liquid products).
Soda in this recipe is not extinguished with vinegar, it is extinguished by sour kefir. There will be no baking soda aftertaste in ready-made muffins.
7. Stir dry foods well.
8. Next, get busy with bananas. Banana muffins come in two flavors. The first is when bananas are cut (coarsely or finely) into cubes. It is better to use ripe bananas that keep their shape well. The second option - the fruits are crushed into a puree consistency and the resulting mass is added to the dough. Overripe and sweet bananas work well for this method, otherwise the baked goods will not be as tasty and aromatic. I prefer the second method for cupcakes. You can do as you like.
So, peel the bananas, cut into pieces and put in a bowl.
9. Use a blender to chop the bananas to a puree consistency. If you don't have a blender, then grind them through a fine sieve, grate on a fine grater or mash with a fork.
10. Transfer the banana puree to the liquid bowl and mix well. If you decide to add sliced bananas to the dough, then proceed in a different sequence - first combine the liquid mass with the dry mass and mix them well, and then add the banana slices.
11. If you cook like me with mashed banana, then add dry food to the liquid base. Add them in several steps of 1 tablespoon, stirring well each time.
12. Whisk the food until smooth. Leave the dough alone for 15-20 minutes so that the flour releases the gluten and the semolina swells.
13. Take the portioned baking dish. I have silicone molds, and I don't need to lubricate them with anything. Baking in them bakes well and does not stick. If you use iron molds, then lightly grease with vegetable oil, butter, or margarine to prevent sticking. Butter will give the dish a unique taste and golden brown crust. When using margarine, the result will be slightly worse, but this fat is also suitable for preparing the mold. It is better to use vegetable oil only refined so that there is no smell. If you do not want to lubricate the containers with anything, so as not to increase the calorie content of the dessert, use the paper inserts that you put in the molds.
Then fill in the forms with dough in 2/3 parts, because the products will rise during baking.
If you don't have single-size pan, cook in one large pan.
14. Send the muffins to bake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 20 minutes. If you are making one large cake, then the baking time is 40 minutes. Before removing the baked goods from the oven, check them for readiness. The best way to do this is to try it with a wooden stick (match, toothpick, skewer). Pierce the cake in the center: if there are no traces of dough on the stick and it is dry, then the baked goods are definitely ready.
Cool ready-made banana muffins with kefir and beer with oatmeal and semolina, remove from the molds and decorate to your liking. For example, sprinkle with powdered sugar, chocolate icing, or cream.