A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a delicious cow colostrum casserole at home. Features and secrets. Calorie content and video recipe.
Many people ask what can be prepared from colostrum? In my opinion, colostrum is delicious on its own. But there are no less delicious recipes for desserts based on it. For example, soufflé, pudding, dumplings, cheesecakes, etc. Today I will tell you how to properly prepare a tender cow colostrum casserole with an appetizing golden brown crust. A step-by-step recipe with a photo and some secrets will help you bake such an unusual dish on your own. This is an insanely delicious dairy dish, the taste of which is hard to compare with any other casserole. I am sure that the taste of this milk casserole will not leave anyone indifferent. The recipe is very simple and can be prepared in just 1 hour.
For those cooks who do not yet know about such a natural, healthy and healing product as colostrum, I want to explain. This is the first milk produced by a cow in the first 72 hours after the birth of a calf. Its consistency is much thicker than regular cow's milk, and its color is slightly yellowish. There are such housewives who simply pour out or feed pets with surplus colostrum without regret. But you don't need to do this. After all, you can make many different delicious desserts from it.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 282 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Molozevo - 500 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Salt - a pinch
- Sour cream - 250 ml
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife
- Semolina - 3-4 tablespoons
- Sugar - 50 g or to taste
To prepare the bovine colostrum casserole step by step:
1. Coloze should be crushed in any convenient way. If it is soft, you can grind it with a blender, if it is dense, twist it through a meat grinder or grate it on a fine grater. The initial density of colostrum depends on the preparation time. You can also use a food processor with a matching attachment.
Send the resulting mass into a deep container and add sour cream. You can replace it with cream, milk, kefir, fermented baked milk.
2. Drive raw eggs into a bowl and add semolina. Season with salt, sugar and vanillin. You can use oatmeal or crushed oatmeal instead of semolina. Any bran is also suitable: rye, wheat, buckwheat.
3. Knead the dough well until smooth. If the mass will be with a very dense structure, add more sour cream. If you have free time, you can leave the dough for 10-15 minutes at room temperature so that the semolina swells. But you can not do this, during baking, the cereal will absorb the liquid and increase in volume.
Add nuts, chocolate drops, grated chocolate, peanut butter, raisins, dried apricots, candied fruits, cherries, strawberries, bananas, apples to the resulting dough, if desired. Or you can add the zest of one orange grated on a fine grater, then the casserole will acquire a very pleasant citrus flavor. Add whatever additives you like best.
4. Lubricate a baking dish (glass, ceramic or clay) with a thin layer of vegetable or butter. If you use silicone molds, you can not lubricate them with anything. Baking will not stick to such a container. You can also use small portioned muffin tins.
Pour the dough into the chosen mold and smooth the surface. When baking, the mass will not rise, so you can fill the form completely.
5. Send the dessert to bake in a preheated oven to 180 ° C for 35-40 minutes. If baking small portions, keep them in the oven for 15 minutes.Taste the readiness of the baking with a wooden stick or a splinter. Pierce the product in the middle, no sticking should remain on the stick. If not, continue baking the product for another 5-7 minutes and sample again.
Cut the prepared bovine colostrum casserole into portions and serve. It can be served both warm and chilled with your favorite topping: sour cream, honey, ice cream, jam, syrup, choose to your taste.
You can also make a cake from such a casserole. Cut the resulting cake lengthwise into 2 parts and brush them with cream (custard, sour cream, creamy). Garnish with whipped cream on top.