Features of cooking delicious pumpkin blanks for the winter. TOP 6 most popular recipes for everyday menus and special occasions. Video recipes.
Pumpkin blanks for the winter are delicious and healthy dishes that can be enjoyed all year round. The vegetable is good in appetizers, salads, in the form of mashed potatoes and juice. Spins based on it will not only saturate the whole family with vitamins during the cold season and will become an original addition to the usual daily diet, but will also pleasantly surprise guests at the festive table.
Features of cooking pumpkin blanks for the winter
The pumpkin was grown 5 thousand years BC. The vegetable was prized for its outstanding medicinal properties and incredible taste. And today, dishes prepared on its basis are popular in the cuisines of many countries of the world. Everything is used: pulp, seeds, juice, and even flowers. However, the vegetable season does not last long, so if you want to delight yourself with delicious snacks all year round, prepare it for future use, fortunately, there are a huge number of pumpkin recipes for the winter.
On the basis of a vegetable, you can make jam, jam, marmalade or marshmallow, which are great for serving for breakfast or accompanying tea drinking. Or you can simply roll up juice, compote or pumpkin puree in jars, thereby providing yourself with vitamins during the cold season.
Pickled pumpkin for the winter will be an ideal side dish for meat dishes, as well as an appetizer for a festive table, because it will help surprise every guest in your home. In addition, such a preparation fits wonderfully into a vegetarian and meat menu.
For the preparation of spins, it is best to use fruits that have some kind of damage, for example, spots on the skin, a tail broken off at the root, which are not kept fresh for a long time. However, if you have harvested a rich harvest, you can put all of it into business.
The most important requirement for choosing a pumpkin for harvesting for the winter is maturity. In no case should you use an unripe fruit, otherwise the twists will turn out to be unimportant. The rest remains a rich flight for culinary experiments.
TOP 6 recipes for pumpkin blanks for the winter
Pumpkin is considered a versatile product not only in the preparation of dishes for a quick meal, but also for preparation for future use. There are many recipes based on this vegetable or with its participation and combination with other ingredients, each of them delicious in its own way. We offer the most popular ones that your family will love.
Pumpkin puree for the winter
A delicious meal for the whole family that even children love. It can be used as a jam and served with tea, or as a filling for pies. In any case, a vitamin charge in the cold season is provided to you.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 48 kcal.
- Servings - 5-8
- Cooking time - 2 hours
- Garden pumpkin - 1 kg
- Sugar - 700-900 g
- Water - 1 tbsp.
Step by step cooking pumpkin puree for the winter:
- First of all, you should choose the right vegetable. For blanks, it is best to take a ripe fruit that has a bright orange color.
- Thoroughly wash the pumpkin, peel it, remove the fibers.
- Next, cut into pieces, fill with water and send to the fire.
- Cook the vegetable slices for half an hour or less, until tender.
- Then we take out the pumpkin and puree using a blender. If there is a little water left in the pan, beat with it.
- Pour sugar in the puree and send it back to the stove.
- Bring to a boil, stirring all the time, and cook until the mass thickens and darkens.
- When ready, we pack pumpkin puree for the winter in jars, which should first be sterilized.
Pumpkin juice for the winter
Pumpkin juice is a delicious and healthy drink that refreshes and invigorates. You can drink it immediately after preparation, or you can prepare it for the winter and delight yourself on cold evenings. In general, the procedure is similar to making a puree, but more water is used.
- Pumpkin - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 1 l
Step-by-step preparation of pumpkin juice for the winter:
- First of all, you should wash the vegetable, peel and remove the seeds.
- Next, we cut it into pieces, they should be approximately the same size.
- Fill the vegetable slices with water and send them to the stove.
- Cook over moderate heat for about half an hour. Focusing on the result: the pumpkin should become soft, but you shouldn't digest it either.
- Next, puree the vegetable pieces using a blender until smooth.
- Then add sugar to the mass and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the mashed potatoes with pumpkin broth, and you can fill the prepared containers with it.
- We roll pumpkin juice in jars for the winter with lids and send for storage. By the way, you can try it in a few days.
Pumpkin jam with lemon for the winter
Delicious delicacy, the same as in childhood prepared by the grandmother. It turns out to be very colorful and sweet with a pleasant sourness. If you don't like lemon, you can make pumpkin jam for the winter with an orange to your liking.
- Pumpkin - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1 kg
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Water - 1 tbsp.
Step by step cooking pumpkin jam with lemon for the winter:
- First of all, we wash the pumpkin, peel and seed it, cut it into as thin slices as possible.
- Then we start to process the lemon. We grind it together with the peel, because many useful substances are stored there, which will come in handy in the cold season. If you want the skins to not be felt in the pumpkin jam prepared for the winter, twist the citrus using a meat grinder.
- Next, we move on to preparing the syrup. Pour sugar with water, put on the stove and bring to a boil, making the heat medium. At this time, the syrup should be stirred periodically.
- When ready, according to the recipe for pumpkin jam for the winter, you need to put the prepared ingredients in it and send it back to the fire.
- Cook the treat for about 1 hour. All this time, while the jam is cooking, you need to stir it, otherwise it will burn.
- We pack hot pumpkin jam for the winter in jars, which should first be sterilized. We seal it and send it to a permanent storage location. Also, do not forget to leave some goodies for fast food: they are filled with jars, which are usually kept in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin caviar for the winter
Pumpkin caviar is a great alternative to courgette caviar, with the amendment that it will be much healthier. The workpiece is incredibly beautiful in color with a delicate texture. Can be served with vegetable and meat dishes, as well as simply spread on sandwiches.
- Pumpkin - 1 kg
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Vinegar - 50 ml (9%)
- Water - 100 ml
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper - 0.5 tsp
- Paprika - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
Step-by-step preparation of pumpkin caviar for the winter:
- Vegetables that have been thoroughly washed should be peeled. Next, grind the pumpkin, onion and carrot into small cubes.
- We heat vegetable oil in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- First, fry the pumpkin and carrots, making the heat medium. We cook for about 15 minutes.
- At this time, fry the onion in a pan until it turns golden, and then send it to the contents of the pan.
- Further, according to the recipe for pumpkin preparations for the winter, we send tomato paste diluted in water to caviar.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- When the vegetables are ready, wait for them to cool slightly, and puree using a blender until smooth.
- Pass the garlic through a press and add it to the caviar.
- Salt, pepper the workpiece, add spices, pour in vinegar.
- We send it to the stove again, bring it to a boil, and you can start filling the container.
- We pack pumpkin caviar for the winter in jars, which should be sterilized first, and tightly roll up the lids.
Pickled pumpkin for the winter
Pickled pumpkin is a very unusual appetizer that will not only diversify the daily menu and saturate with useful substances, but also surprise the guests who suddenly appear. And for the hostess, of course, it is very important that the procurement is done very quickly.
- Pumpkin - 250 g
- Cloves - 1-2 pcs.
- Ground cinnamon - 1-2 pinches
- Allspice peas - 1-2 pcs.
- Vinegar 6% - 25 ml
- Water - 0.5 l (for filling)
- Sugar - 50 g (for pouring)
- Salt - 15 g (for pouring)
Step by step cooking pickled pumpkin for the winter:
- First of all, we wash and sterilize the cans in a convenient way, and then proceed to the preparation of the snack.
- To prepare the filling, boil the water, add salt, add sugar, and cook until the ingredients are dissolved.
- Then cut the pumpkin peeled from the peel and seeds into pieces. To make the slices beautiful, you can use a curly mold for this purpose.
- Before preparing pickled pumpkin for the winter, we send the vegetable into water, which should first be boiled for 3-4 minutes, and then immediately into cold water to cool quickly.
- We lay out spices in containers, and then - pumpkin, fill with brine.
- Pour the prescribed amount of vinegar into each jar.
- Place the containers in a pasteurization pan. You can put them on a wire rack or lay them on thick fabric. Do not forget to cover them with lids, which should be boiled in advance. Make sure that the hot water level matches the filling of the cans.
- We make the fire strong so that the water in the pan heats up to 90 ° C. As soon as it begins to boil, pasteurization begins: at 90 ° С - it lasts no longer than 12 minutes, at 100 ° С - no more than 8 minutes.
- After the specified time, the cans are quickly sealed and allowed to cool before being transferred to a permanent storage location. Pickled pumpkin for the winter at home is suitable for eating after 1 month.
Pumpkin salad for the winter
The vitamin pumpkin salad prepared according to this recipe will become an undoubted favorite in your family, as it is not only healthy, but also insanely aromatic and tasty. The key to the result in this case is the use of high-quality ripe vegetables, without traces of spoilage.
- Pumpkin - 800 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 400 g
- Onions - 300 g
- Tomatoes - 300 g
- Carrots - 200 g
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml
- Tomato paste - 50 g
- Sugar - 40 g
- Salt - 30 g
- Garlic - 20 g
- Ground black pepper - 2.5 g
- Apple cider vinegar - 40 ml
Step by step cooking pumpkin salad for the winter:
- We wash, peel and chop the vegetables.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan with a thick bottom and fry the onion in it for 10 minutes.
- Next, we send carrots to him and cook the same amount.
- Tomatoes and bell peppers follow. Simmer vegetables for another 10 minutes. Do not forget to stir during cooking.
- Next, salt and pepper the workpiece, add sugar.
- Then we send the tomato paste to the pan, mix and simmer the same amount, closing the lid.
- The very last vegetable is pumpkin, we do the same.
- Add garlic to the preparation, which must first be passed through a press, and pour in apple cider vinegar.
- We simmer the vegetables for another 4 minutes, and then pack the hot appetizer into cans that need to be sterilized in advance.