A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a curd dessert with strawberries and chocolate at home. Recipe features, ingredient combinations and recipe video.
Summer is the time for seasonal berries, which are good not only in their own form, but also delicious in desserts. I propose a recipe for an exquisite dessert that will not leave anyone indifferent. Strawberries, cottage cheese and chocolate are a delicious combination! The sourness of strawberries, the sweetness of chocolate and the softness of cottage cheese are just what you need on a hot summer day, when you want something tasty, but you don't want to stand at the stove at all. Delight your loved ones with such an exquisite dessert, and believe me, no one will remain indifferent.
This sweet dessert can be served for breakfast with cookies or a glass of milk for the smallest members of the family. After all, many children refuse to eat porridge in the morning, and they will definitely be delighted with such a breakfast. Moreover, fresh cottage cheese, strawberries and chocolate are a list of not only goodies, but also healthy products that are combined into an exquisite “dessert composition”. And such a delicacy will charm adults with its seductive berry scent and will cheer up. It is also worth noting that the delicacy is low in calories. Therefore, this light dessert can harmoniously end the evening.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 92 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Cottage cheese - 200 g
- Strawberries - 10 berries
- Chocolate (any) - 25 g
Step-by-step preparation of curd dessert with strawberries and chocolate:
1. Take firm and elastic strawberries for dessert, so that they keep their shape well and do not wrinkle when cutting. the dessert should contain its whole pieces.
Rinse the berries under running water to rinse off the dirt and sand well. You do not need to soak it in water, otherwise the strawberry will lose its taste, aroma and deteriorate faster. Then tear off the stalks from the berries. It is important to wash the berries just before use, and do not remove the leaves from the strawberries before washing. Gently blot the washed berries with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Cut large berries into pieces into 2-4 slices, and leave the smallest ones intact.
2. Place the dark chocolate on a small board and chop finely with a sharp knife. I use black aerated chocolate. It is very easy to cut. You can take any chocolate to your taste for dessert: white, milk, extra black. If the chocolate is very dense, grate it on a coarse grater or chop it with a vegetable peeler, as if peeling a potato skin.
3. Place the curd in a deep bowl. Take cottage cheese with any fat content, which you like best. I have 5% and it is dry. But you focus on your product and your taste. For those who follow a diet, low-fat cottage cheese is suitable, and those who do not count calories, 9% fat cottage cheese or farm-made cottage cheese is suitable. Also, if you want to make the dessert more moist, add 1 tbsp. sour cream or yogurt.
Since my homemade ones treat cottage cheese normally, I did nothing with it, but just mixed it with berries and chocolate. If your family does not really like him, then beat it with a blender beforehand so that it turns out to be a homogeneous mass. This cream-like consistency will mask the curd.
It is also important to choose the right cottage cheese, because the taste of the finished dish depends on its quality. It should be white or slightly creamy. Its consistency should be uniform throughout the mass. It can be soft, smudged, or crumbly. It depends on the mass fraction of fat. A little whey is allowed in low-fat cottage cheese.The taste and smell of the fermented milk product should be free of foreign tastes.
Combine curd with strawberries and chocolate pieces in a large container. Of course, here you can also experiment, for example, beat the strawberries with a blender to make strawberry jam. And melt the chocolate in a water bath to make a chocolate glaze. This will make the dessert even tastier.
4. Stir the food and serve the strawberry-chocolate cottage cheese dessert to the table. Sprinkle crushed nuts, coconut, or cookie crumbs over the treat, if desired. It is best eaten chilled. Therefore, keep all food in the refrigerator before starting cooking. Or, after cooking the treat, put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.