Oven baked fish with vegetables and a cheese crust is a tasty and healthy dish that deserves a place on the festive table. I hope you enjoy it.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
In terms of nutrient and protein content, marine and river inhabitants can compete with the best varieties of meat. Therefore, today I propose to cook baked fish in the oven. This is a light and almost dietary meal. It is not only healthy and extremely tasty. The dish has one more advantage - it prepares very quickly. In addition, during heat treatment, almost all useful properties are preserved in seafood.
It turns out such a dish is always juicy and tender, just melting in the mouth. Since vegetables add extra juiciness to the dish, I recommend taking drier types of fish: cod, haddock, pink salmon. Saltwater fish baked in this way will be even tastier. Also, in order for the fish to come out tasty and nutritious, certain culinary rules must be followed. The chosen kitchen utensils directly depend on the quality of the resulting dish. I recommend using earthenware or cast iron dishes for baking fish. Other metal and aluminum molds should not be used, because when baked, they will significantly impair the taste of the food. And another tip: you need to bake the fish immediately before the meal, and serve immediately after it is ready. Otherwise, the taste will not be the same.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 86 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Fish steaks or fillets - 2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Cheese - 100 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 200 ml
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Ground nutmeg - 0.5 tsp
- Hops-suneli - 0.5 tsp
- Vegetable oil - for frying
Cooking baked fish with vegetables
1. Combine the following products: sour cream, grated cheese on a medium grater, peeled garlic passed through a press, salt, ground pepper, nutmeg, suneli hops.
2. Stir the sauce well until smooth.
3. Peel carrots with onions, rinse and chop finely. You can grate the carrots. Put the pan on the stove, add vegetable oil and heat. Add carrots and onions and sauté until transparent and soft, about 10 minutes over medium heat.
4. Wash the fish steaks. Pat dry with a paper towel and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and spices such as fish seasoning.
5. Place the fried vegetables on top of the fish and level them evenly.
6. Pour the sour cream sauce over the food.
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the dish to bake for half an hour. In this case, for the first 20 minutes, keep the dish under the lid or cover it with cling foil. Then remove so that a baked crust forms on the surface.
8. Serve the finished carcass hot right after cooking. For a side dish, you can boil spaghetti or rice, or simply chop a vegetable salad.
See also a video recipe on how to cook baked fish with vegetables.