A step-by-step recipe for pear jelly with corn starch: necessary products, rules for making a thick fruit drink. Video recipes.
Pear Kissel is a nutritious and delicious thick drink made from inexpensive and affordable ingredients. The technology itself is pretty simple. Of course, you can prepare the dish by purchasing the dry mix from the store. But there are often unwanted additives present. Therefore, during the harvest season, various fruits are best done at home.
Pears must be juicy. It is better to use those varieties that boil well. Then you do not have to filter the liquid once again to make a smooth, pleasant consistency. This fruit can be replaced with an apple, persimmon or some kind of berries.
In our recipe for pear jelly with cornstarch, the thickness of the finished drink can be changed. To get a thicker consistency, add a little more starch and boil a little longer. So the drink easily turns into a dessert that can be eaten with a spoon.
We use granulated sugar as a sweetener. You can also vary the amount or completely omit this ingredient if the fruit is sweet enough.
If desired, flavoring additives can be added to the recipe. For example, vanilla sugar or ground cinnamon. You can also add mint, lemon juice. And to change the color - food pigments. When it comes to a dietary table or a children's menu, it is better to use natural dyes, for example, carrot juice or turmeric. In small quantities, they will not affect the taste of the finished dish, but will make it look more attractive and appetizing.
The following is a recipe for pear jelly with a photo of each stage of cooking.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 24 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 25 minutes
- Water - 1 l
- Pears - 400 g
- Cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar to taste
Step-by-step preparation of pear jelly with cornstarch
1. Before making pear jelly, it is necessary to process the fruit. We wash the fruits, cut them lengthwise into 4 parts. Cut out the stalk and hard core. We also remove the peel and damaged areas, if any.
2. Put the pieces of fruit in a saucepan and cover with sugar.
3. Pour cold water into a saucepan, put on medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes. During this time, the pulp will become soft and give a maximum of aromatic and tasty juice to the liquid.
4. Before making jelly from pears with cornstarch, beat the boiled pieces of fruit with a submersible blender. This tool will help turn them into a liquid smooth puree. In the absence of such kitchen equipment, you can grind through a fine sieve. If the pears are quite dense, grains may come across even after the blender. To prevent this, we recommend that you strain the drink through cheesecloth.
5. Next, in a separate container, we dilute the starch in 50 ml of water. Then we begin to introduce it into the fruit puree in a thin stream. We mix. Cook for several minutes, remembering to stir so that no lumps form, while the mass thickens to the desired consistency. Remove from heat, cool and pour into glasses. You can decorate with a lemon wedge.
6. Delicious and very healthy pear jelly with cornstarch is ready! We serve it warm or chilled with cookies or homemade cakes.
See also video recipes:
1. How to cook jelly
2. Apple and pear jelly