Step-by-step recipe with a photo of a side dish of asparagus beans and bell peppers at home. Secrets and subtleties of cooking. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
Want to diversify your daily menu? Or looking for new side dish recipes? Then I propose to replenish the culinary collection with a universal dish - green beans with bell peppers. This is the perfect recipe for the summer heat. In fact, it can be called both a side dish and a warm salad that will look very bright on the festive table. The dish is tasty, low in calories and suitable for people on a diet. By the way, green beans help pregnant women cope with hormonal changes and anemia, and improve kidney function. Therefore, the side dish is perfect not only for vegetarians and people on a diet, but also for expectant mothers.
The dish can also serve as an independent dietary dinner or as an addition to a low-calorie turkey or chicken fillet. If there is a man in the house, serve him with a more satisfying meaty addition. The taste of these vegetables is in good harmony with beef, pork and lamb. Also, boiled buckwheat noodles or long-grain rice are perfect as a hearty side dish. Whatever the serving of the proposed recipe, you will definitely delight your stomach and eyes, because the dish turns out to be very tasty, bright and beautiful!
- Caloric content per 100 g - 92 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Green beans - 500 g
- Sweet pepper - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Spices and herbs to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Dried ground garlic - 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Step by step preparation of the asparagus bean and bell pepper garnish:
1. Peel the onions and wash them under running cold water. On the board with a sharp knife, chop a quarter into rings or half rings, as you like.
Take any sweet pepper for the recipe, both classic and Bulgarian. They are suitable for any color: green, yellow, red. You can take peppers of different colors, then the dish will look brighter and more beautiful. It is desirable that the fruits are fleshy, dense, with thick dense walls and fully ripe. Do not use pods that are wrinkled, stained, defective or rotten.
Wash the selected peppers with cold running water and dry with a paper towel. Place it on a cutting board, cut off the stem and bottom. Insert a knife into the hole between the pepper pulp and the seeds. Carefully slide the blade along the side of the vegetable, cutting through all the membranes. Core with seeds. Then cut the pepper as you like: rings, strips. It is not necessary to peel the pepper from the peel.
2. Pour sunflower oil into a cast iron or non-stick skillet and heat well. Add a little butter to make the onion with a pleasant, delicate taste. Place the prepared onion in the pan and spread it in an even thin layer over the entire surface.
3. Turn the heat to medium and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and golden brown. As a rule, after an average of 5-7 minutes, the fried onion acquires the desired ruddy shade, which indicates its readiness. On low heat, the onion will turn out to be stewed rather than fried, and on high heat it will burn and acquire a burnt taste. At the same time, it is important to stir it often so that it does not burn and lay it in a well-heated frying pan with oil.
After 3-4 minutes of frying the onions, add the bell peppers to the pan and continue frying over medium heat, stirring occasionally, bringing all the vegetables until golden brown and soft.
4. Rinse fresh green beans under running water and put them in a saucepan with boiling salted water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook it over medium heat for up to 3-4 minutes. To prevent the pods from losing their bright color from the high temperature, send them to boiling and salted water with the addition of baking soda (for 1 kg of beans - 0.5 tsp of soda).
Take a sample from the beans. If it's soft but still slightly crispy, then it's done. Do not overcook it, it is cooked for a maximum of 5 minutes. Otherwise, then it will disintegrate, creep up and lose some of its useful properties.
Green beans can be cooked in other modern appliances. For example, in a double boiler. To do this, put it in the bowl of the device in 1-2 layers. Pour water into the special compartment. Set the steamer to the boil mode for 15 minutes, for large pods - 20-25 minutes. A microwave oven is also suitable for cooking. To do this, put the pods in a microwave-safe dish, pour boiling water over them and send them to the microwave. Boil it for 1.5 minutes at a power of 800-900 kW, large and old pods - 2-2.5 minutes.
If you are using frozen beans, you do not need to defrost them. Cook it the same way you cook it fresh, keeping the cooking time unchanged.
I have green beans, but purple or yellow will do.
5. To preserve the vivid color of the beans, tip them in a colander to glass hot water and immerse them in cold water for 2-3 minutes. Then cut off the ends on both sides and cut the beans into 2-3 pieces. The larger they are cut, the less nutrients are lost.
6. Send the beans to the skillet with stir-fried vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and season with your favorite spices and herbs. You can add rosemary, sweet paprika, lime zest, Italian spices. Stir and sauté everything together over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add more vegetable oil to the pan, if necessary. Add a raw egg to the skillet if desired and stir immediately and quickly so that the egg mass envelops all food and coagulates.
Serve hot or chilled asparagus beans and bell peppers sprinkled with chopped parsley.