How to make a salad of cucumbers, herbs and strawberries at home. Nutritious dish and low calorie content. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
The very first royal berry of the summer season is strawberry. It is tasty not only on its own, but also capable of more daring combinations. Harmonizes berry with black pepper, fish and seafood, meat and herbs, vegetables. I propose to arrange a holiday for your taste buds at the weekend and prepare a bright and unusual recipe for a refreshing and pleasant summer salad of cucumbers, herbs and strawberries. At first glance, it seems that ingredients such as strawberries and cucumbers with herbs simply cannot be combined with each other. However, this is not at all the case! The combination of products is interesting and affordable for our region. Do not be confused by such an original and bold combination of components.
The dish turns out to be simply fantastic, with a rather unusual and original combination of taste. Such a salad will easily become a decoration not only for everyday, but also for a festive table, because it is delicious and presentable. In addition, the season of this delicious berry is already coming to an end, so arrange a real bright summer in your plate. In addition, the salad turns out to be quite healthy. All vitamins and minerals are retained in all ingredients in full. Since the products used do not lend themselves to heat treatment, but are used fresh. It is also worth noting the low calorie content of the salad, which allows them to feast on without harm to the figure.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 62 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Strawberries - 6-10 berries (depending on size)
- Cucumbers - 1 pc. (medium size)
- Basil - 2 sprigs
- Vegetable oil - for dressing
- Arugula - 2 branches
- Kina - 2 branches
- Salt - a pinch
Step-by-step preparation of a salad of cucumbers, herbs and strawberries:
1. Rinse fresh cucumbers and dry with a paper towel. Remove the ends from both sides and trim off the skin completely or partially, if desired. Then cut each vegetable lengthwise into 4 pieces and cut these quarters into thin slices about 2-3 mm thick.
2. Rinse the strawberries well to remove any dirt, soil and debris. Dry it gently with a paper towel to avoid wrinkling. Then cut off the green tail from each berry. Using the sharpest knife, carefully cut the strawberries into four to six slices (depending on the original size), or thinly slices if desired.
For the salad, take berries that are dense and elastic so that they keep their shape well and are not damaged when cutting.
3. Put all the greens in a colander and rinse thoroughly with running cold water. it usually contains sand and dust particles. Then shake off excess moisture from the leaves and blot with a paper towel. Remove the tough stems, and coarsely chop the remaining leaves with a knife or tear with your hands. If you are preparing a salad for the party table, leave a few of the largest leaves for decoration.
Add chopped leeks to the salad if desired. It goes well with this dish. Or put lemon balm leaves in the salad, it will add freshness. You can make the salad a little rich and satisfying by putting avocado, cheese, feta cheese, pieces of boiled chicken, shrimp, nuts. Any imagination, experiment and resourcefulness are welcome here.
4. Place all chopped food in a deep bowl. Season with salt and lightly pepper if desired. Then season with vegetable oil and stir gently so as not to damage the berries.For summer salad dressing, you can use a sauce made from natural yogurt and finely chopped fresh mint leaves, carefully whipped with a blender. Olive oil with balsamic or wine vinegar is also great. Some culinary experts advise sweetening such a salad with honey.
Put the prepared salad of cucumbers, herbs and strawberries on a plate and immediately serve it to the table. Sprinkle sesame or flax seeds on the salad, if desired.
Cucumber and strawberry salad is not stored for a long time, so you should not prepare it in advance and for future use. It will flow, the berries will become chapped and the appearance of the dish will deteriorate. If you really need to do it in advance, then just prepare all the components and store them separately, and when necessary, collect the dish just before serving.
If you are preparing a salad for a festive feast, then first, for beauty, put whole lettuce leaves on a serving plate for serving, then pour the salad there and, for greater effect, decorate the top with a whole strawberry with fresh leaves of greenery.