How to prepare a delicious and healthy salad of cabbage, cucumber and apple for weight loss at home? Ingredient combinations and serving options. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
To lose weight, you need to make a lot of effort. Diets, physical activity, proper nutrition. I suggest starting with the latter and making a delicious and healthy salad of cabbage, cucumber and apple for weight loss. Eating tasty and healthy is not so difficult. Prepare this dish and see for yourself. The salad is very fragrant and juicy, it contains many different vegetables that make the dish especially healthy and appetizing. White cabbage combined with apples gives an amazing light taste. In addition to the main ingredients (cabbage, cucumbers and apples), flax seeds are added to my salad, which additionally give the dish healing properties.
I suggest such a fresh vegetable salad for those who are losing weight and who want to lose those extra pounds. He will replace them with a full meal, both for lunch and dinner. But even if you do not belong to this category of people, then such a salad can be prepared and supplemented with any second dish. In this case, you can make it more satisfying, nutritious and nutritious by seasoning with mayonnaise or sour cream. I cannot but note that this treat is prepared very quickly, which will delight many housewives. Especially those who do not have special culinary skills, but want a quick and satisfying snack. You will not spend more than 15 minutes on cooking. And now I will tell you in detail how to make a healthy cabbage salad with cucumber and apple for weight loss.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 52 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- White cabbage - 200 g
- Green onions - small bunch
- Cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Refined vegetable oil - for refueling
- Greens (any) - a small bunch (I have frozen greens)
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Flax seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
Step by step preparation of salad from cabbage, cucumber and apples:
1. Remove the top, dirty and wrinkled leaves from the cabbage. Rinse the remaining head of cabbage with cold running water and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the required amount of juicy green leaves, place them on a cutting board, press firmly with your hand and cut into thin strips. Do not use the stalk for salad, as it is bitter and unsuitable for eating.
Lightly salt the cabbage shavings and crush by hand several times. This can soften the leaves, they let the juice out and the salad will turn out more juicy. If you are preparing a meal from young cabbage, then this step can be skipped.
Place flax seeds, chopped herbs and cabbage slices in a salad bowl. If you use fresh herbs, wash them, dry them and finely chop them. If you have it frozen, then you do not need to defrost it first. Simply remove from the freezer and place in the bowl where you will prepare the salad. While you prepare the rest of the food, it will thaw. You can add any greens to the dish: dill, parsley, cilantro, arugula, basil.
Flax seeds can be used whole for salad or pre-grind them into a "powder" in a coffee grinder. But keep in mind that crushed seeds oxidize quickly, so only use freshly ground seeds. You can adjust their number (I took 1 tablespoon). I did not dry the seeds beforehand, because during heat treatment, they will lose 90-95% of their useful properties.
2. Wash the cucumbers with cold water and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut the vegetables into thin quarter rings, about 2-3 mm.Send the sliced cucumbers to the cabbage salad bowl.
3. Rinse green onions with cold water, place on a plank and finely chop. Send it to the vegetable bowl.
4. Rinse the apple with cold water, dry it with a towel and remove the core with the seeds with a special knife. Cut the fruit into medium-sized strips and send to the bowl with the vegetables. I didn't peel the apple. You can do it to your liking. If you are using a more acidic variety, then it is better to remove the peel. You can not chop the apple, but grind it on a grater. It only depends on your wishes.
You can add any vegetables to this salad, for example, grated carrots and daikon, tomatoes or bell peppers.
Season the salad with vegetable oil. If you cook it during a diet, lemon juice, natural yogurt, olive oil, flaxseed or pine nut oil, walnut oil, or grape seed oil are also suitable for dressing. The main thing is not to overdo it with the dosage of oil, because it is a high-calorie product.
If you are not on a diet, then make a more savory dressing, and add grain mustard, it will add a little spiciness. Pasty mustard is also suitable, which must first be beaten with small whisk with vegetable oil until smooth. You can season the salad with soy sauce, but then it is better not to salt it, because soy sauce is salty on its own.
5. Stir the salad well and taste. If necessary, bring it to the desired level. If the salad is accidentally slightly sour, add a little sugar to it. Put the dish in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, cool slightly, then serve. Cabbage, cucumber and apple salad is especially tasty to eat with poultry or meat, grilled or open fire.