How to diversify your daily menu? How to cook stewed buckwheat with chicken in a pan at home. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Many people do not like to cook and eat buckwheat, but it is very healthy, and therefore should be included in the diet of every person. And in order to refine and decorate the taste of this cereal, I propose to cook stewed buckwheat with chicken in a pan. The grits get their expressive taste thanks to the fried chicken meat. Therefore, you will have only pleasant impressions of this recipe and your attitude to this cereal.
The preparation of this wonderful dish is very simple and the technology is somewhat similar to pilaf. Therefore, buckwheat with meat will be an excellent, more dietary alternative. This is convenient in that you do not have to additionally prepare a side dish, and the dish is prepared in one dish, moreover, from the available ingredients.
It turns out stewed buckwheat is very tasty, satisfying and nutritious. The food will definitely take its rightful place on your table and in the cookbook. Especially the recipe will interest people who eat healthy and balanced, keep fit or want to lose extra pounds. The budget meal is ideal for a casual meal for the whole family for both lunch and dinner.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 152 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Buckwheat - 150 g
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Chicken fillet - 2 pcs. medium size
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp or to taste
Step-by-step cooking of stewed buckwheat with chicken in a pan:
1. Pour vegetable oil into a deep and spacious skillet and heat well. You can use olive oil or any other flavor you like for frying.
2. Wash the chicken fillet with cold running water and dry well with a paper towel. Cut into medium sized pieces and send to the pan so that the meat is in one layer. Turn the heat to high and add the meat. Fry it, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes, so that it is covered with a golden brown crust on all sides, which seals the juice inside the pieces. During the frying process, juice will be released from the meat, but after a few minutes the juice will evaporate and the meat will begin to fry.
If the breast fillets are dry for you, prepare the dish using chicken thigh fillets. If the chicken thighs are pitted, they must be removed. it will not be entirely convenient to eat a ready-made dish with them, and you will always have to choose them during meals.
You can also take any kind of bird for the recipe: duck, indowka, goose. But then the cooking time will increase.
This recipe can be supplemented with vegetables - onions and carrots. I just didn't have them in the refrigerator. To do this, peel the vegetables, rinse in water, chop the onion with a knife, and grate the carrots on a coarse grater. Add vegetables to the pan to the meat, stir and fry all together for 5 minutes.
Also, if desired, during the stewing, you can add a little mushrooms, bell peppers or tomatoes.
3. Season the meat with salt, black pepper and any spices. I used sweet ground paprika and dried ground garlic.
4. Rinse buckwheat several times in cold water and drain all the water from it. Arrange the cereal evenly in the skillet so that it occupies the empty space between the pieces of meat.
5. Fill the buckwheat with water so that it is above the food level in one finger. Instead of water, you can use broth (vegetable or meat), tomato paste mixed with hot water. Add some salt and spices to the pan to taste. I decided to add a piece of butter to make the porridge more satisfying. You can squeeze out a clove of garlic for flavor.Stir the contents and bring to a boil. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
6. During stewing, buckwheat will absorb all the water. Taste it; it should be soft. If buckwheat does not come to readiness, and all the water has already evaporated, then add some more liquid and bring it to readiness.
Put a few slices of butter in a pan of stewed buckwheat with chicken and stir. Cover with a warm towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Then put the appetizing buckwheat with chicken on plates and serve.