A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a fresh vegetable salad with flax seeds and sesame seeds at home. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
It's a great time of the year when fresh herbs and vegetables are on sale in abundance. And now, more than ever, I want to get the maximum amount of vitamins. The body literally demands, and the hands themselves reach for vegetables. Therefore, summer is the time when it is necessary to prepare vitamin salads. Surely, each housewife hides her secrets of making a signature recipe. In this review, I will tell you one of the versions of such a delicious and healthy fresh vegetable salad with flax seeds and sesame seeds. Such a bright dish will perfectly decorate the table.
The salad is delicious, juicy and aromatic. All vegetables are fresh and packed with vitamins. And their effect is enhanced by flax and sesame seeds, which are rich in equally useful vitamins. The seeds change the taste of the familiar salad, making it special. In the complex, we get a real vitamin elixir. Its cost is affordable, the set of ingredients is small, and the time spent on cooking is a maximum of a few minutes. The salad does not harm the figure at all, so it can be eaten for lunch and dinner. Therefore, if your culinary piggy bank lacks quick and healthy recipes, then take note of this one.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 52 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Young white cabbage - 250 g
- Vegetable oil - for dressing
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Grain French mustard - 1 tsp
- Fresh cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Flax seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Green onions - 3-4 feathers
Step by step preparation of a fresh vegetable salad with flax seeds and sesame seeds:
1. Wash the white cabbage and remove the top leaves. they are usually spoiled and weathered. Cut the necessary part from the head of cabbage with a sharp knife, finely chop it into strips. To make the salad juicier, sprinkle the cabbage lightly with salt and crush with your hands several times. She let the juice in, and the salad will be much tastier and juicier. Send the chopped cabbage to a deep salad bowl.
2. Wash cucumbers and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut into thin quarters into rings or half rings, about 3 mm thick. Send the cucumbers to the salad bowl.
3. Rinse the apple with cold water and dry it with a towel. Remove the seed core with a special knife. Cut the fruit into medium-sized strips or cubes (to your liking) and send to the bowl with the vegetables. The apple does not need to be peeled, unless you are using a sour variety. Then it is better to peel the peel. For the same reason, I recommend using sweet and sour apples for salad.
4. Wash green onions, dry with a paper towel and chop finely. Add it to a bowl with all foods.
If desired, add any fresh green herb to the dish: dill, parsley, cilantro, arugula, basil.
5. Add flax and sesame seeds to the vegetables. Adjust their number to your liking. I took a teaspoon with a slide. I do not dry the seeds, so they are better saturated with oil and will complement vegetables well. But another thing is more important, in fried form, they are certainly tastier, but during heat treatment they lose up to 95% of useful properties.
Flax seeds can also be ground into powder in a coffee grinder and thus added to not only salads, but also baked goods, cereals or yoghurts. But powdered seeds oxidize quickly, so only use freshly ground seeds.
Then add grain mustard to the salad, it will add light spiciness and piquancy to the dish.If you don't have one, then use mustard paste. But it should be added to the salad in a different way. First, in a small container, combine vegetable oil with mustard paste and stir the food with a fork until smooth. Season the salad with the resulting sauce.
6. Salt fresh vegetable salad with flax seeds and sesame seeds, pour over with vegetable oil (preferably fragrant) and stir. Serve it straight to the table. Such a dish is not prepared earlier and for future use.