How to deal effectively with scars? 6 effective methods for removing chronic scars. Home remedies and the arsenal of modern cosmetology.
Scars are marks that remain after tissue damage. Some scars are present on the body all life, others become less expressive over time, until they disappear altogether. In any case, it is possible and necessary to accelerate the process of resorption of the dense formation of connective tissue, which appears after trauma, inflammation. There are folk methods for this, and the tools of cosmetology are worthy competition for them.
Folk remedies for scars on the body
In the photo there is a mummy from scars
If shallow scars appear on the face or body after acne, it is worth starting the fight with them at an early stage at home. To effectively eliminate scars, it is worth understanding what they are. If it is a sinking footprint like a fossa, then there is not enough special "building" material for healing - collagen. If a bump has formed at the site of a pimple, damage to the skin, then we are talking about an excess of connective tissue. In both the first and second cases, it is useful to activate regeneration processes.
If you are dealing with the elimination of defects at home, you need to decide how to smear the scars:
- Onion juice… A natural remedy that helps to correct uneven skin at different stages. It is used to hide the marks of common acne. The product helps in the resorption of surgical scars. The effectiveness of the product is explained by the ability to restore the epidermis and stimulate collagen production. You can squeeze the juice from the onion and apply it immediately to the desired location. With daily procedures, the effect becomes noticeable after 6-8 weeks.
- Mummy… Natural mountain resin, which provides a lifting effect in parallel with the destruction of pathogenic microflora. Another tool activates regeneration processes and promotes deep tissue cleaning. You can use the mummy for scars and scars in different ways. For example, 2 g of powder is mixed with a tube of baby cream and 1 tsp. water. The composition is applied for half an hour and then washed off. Having prepared the product, you can store it in the refrigerator, using it daily for a month. At the same time, it is important to monitor the reaction of the body, since the mummy can dry out the skin!
- Castor oil… It is appreciated for its rich vitamin composition. It brightens the healed scar, nourishing and moisturizing the skin, thanks to the presence of ricinoleic acid in the product. To eliminate the defect, this oil is mixed with olive, almond or any directly squeezed cosmetic oil. They are taken in a ratio of 1 to 1. After mixing the oils, the composition is applied to the skin, gently rubbing in with soft movements. You can leave the product on for 2 hours. But it is better to test for allergies first, applying oils to the sensitive area - behind the ear, in the bend of the elbow. Castor oil will not please the result soon: you will have to repeat the procedures for 5-6 months.
- Tea tree oil… Another natural gift, in combination, is an effective remedy for scars. It is also better not to use it in its pure form, but to mix it with olive or apricot oil in a ratio of 1 to 1. The procedure is simple: the mixture is rubbed into the skin in the scar area. If there is a burning sensation and a feeling as if the skin is burning, the composition should be washed off immediately! To achieve the result, the procedures are repeated daily in a course, the duration of which depends on the speed of healing and tissue repair. Prevention of new inflammations and acne is guaranteed as a bonus.
- Apple vinegar… Rich in strong fruit acids.It acts on the principle of exfoliation, removing the stratum corneum and initiating a healthy regeneration process. The product is not used in its pure form - there is a high risk of burns! To treat the skin, the product is mixed with water, taking one part to four parts of the liquid. This composition is used for lotions. After wetting a cotton pad or gauze in vinegar and water, it is left on the scar for up to 10 minutes.
- Vitamin E… A micronutrient is essential for skin health. It is responsible for regeneration, therefore it restores its smoothness, preventing the appearance of scars. You can just buy an ampoule with a vitamin at a pharmacy and add a couple of drops to your favorite cream. Before our eyes, dry and rough skin will revive, change color, and rejuvenate.
Scar creams and gels
Photo of ScarGuard MD gel for scars at the price of 5900 rubles.
If you do not want to experiment with improvised means, you can find and buy a ready-made proven cosmetic product. Many reliable manufacturers offer good scar gels and creams. True, it should be borne in mind that they usually help with minor scars. Moreover, treatment should be started as early as possible, as soon as a formation has appeared on the skin. But it is also important to make sure that the integument has healed, since the slightest injury can result in unpredictable consequences.
The following cosmetic products show themselves well:
- Lakshma maxxi… This is an American cream that is used for pigmentation, but it is equally effective in treating acne blemishes and even scarring. The effectiveness is explained by the verified and balanced composition. It includes peptides, encapsulated retinol, azelaic and kojic acid, oils. To quickly disappear scars, scars on the face, the cream is applied regularly, repeating the procedures daily for several weeks. The duration of the course depends on the degree of tissue damage. A convenient bottle with a dispenser costs 1800 rubles. or UAH 672.
- ScarGuard MD gel for scars and scars… Another American product. It is considered even more effective, as it guarantees the successful elimination of chronic growths on the skin after tissue injuries. This gel for scars and scars contains a large amount of hydrocortisone and vitamin E. Together they promote active regeneration processes. The peculiarity of the tool lies in the way it is used. The substance is applied with a brush, leaving it on the skin to dry completely. A film is formed, under which recovery processes take place. At the same time, protection against new injuries is provided. True, such a product costs significantly more. 15 ml costs 5900 rubles. or 2200 UAH.
Professional acid peels for scars
By skillfully handling acids, you can remove a scar, even if you have not been able to defeat it before using home remedies or cosmetic creams. However, in this matter, a professional approach is needed, since a potent acid can both eliminate the scar and disfigure it even more. Therefore, such peels are performed exclusively in salons, and by cosmetologists who inspire confidence.
Before removing the scar, the specialist conducts pre-peeling preparation. Its essence lies in the use of retinoids, which will improve and accelerate the regeneration processes. The cosmetologist selects and prescribes the optimal product, taking into account the condition and phototype of the skin. It also takes into account the depth of the scar. The client can pick up not only products for external use, but also vitamins for oral administration.
The salon also decides which type of peeling is best for each specific case. According to the degree of impact on the epidermis, there are four types:
- Superficial median;
The drier the skin, the more gentle it needs to be treated. But the removal of scars and scars is also different, depending on the gender of the person.In men, the skin is coarser and denser, so stronger acids are required. Also, the course will probably be longer.
Superficial peels are performed if the scar affects the tissue to a depth of 0.1 cm. Alpha hydroxy acids are mainly used, among which glycolic is the leading one. Most often, at least 5-6 procedures are needed. After that, the beautician evaluates the result and decides whether it is necessary to continue the acid treatment, or you can choose other methods.
If the scar lies at the level of the dermis and deeper, they resort to superficial-median, median or deep peels. The latter is the most traumatic. Since we are talking, in fact, about a planned intentional burn. It is accompanied by a detachment of the epidermis and dermis. Moreover, such removal of scars is especially risky. If the specialist is mistaken, the acid will affect the reticular dermis, healthy tissue will not be restored!
There is a contraindication to acid peels: with a tendency to keloid scars, this procedure is not used. The average cost of one session is 4500 rubles. or UAH 1680
Microdermabrasion against body scars
If there is a tendency to keloid scars, and light remedies do not help to restore the smoothness of the skin, you should pay attention to another way, how to remove a scar on the face or body, which is applicable in cosmetology. This is microdermabrasion or mechanical action on tissues.
In fact, this is skin resurfacing, which is accompanied by the removal of the upper hardened layer, and in parallel, the regeneration process starts. Since microdermabrasion is relatively safe and effective, it is widely used. You can safely treat scars on the arms and legs, acne spots on the face and even in the décolleté area.
Naturally, mechanical peeling requires high professionalism. The cosmetologist assesses the degree of tissue damage, takes into account the individual characteristics of the skin. Depending on this, he selects a tool, calculates the duration of exposure.
Mechanical resurfacing of scars is almost not accompanied by painful sensations. Precise settings eliminate the formation of wounds. This is a hypoallergenic procedure that is used even by people with high sensitivity. Since the technique excludes damage to the dermis, there is no rehabilitation period as such. Only slight redness of the treated area is possible. But it also goes away after a few hours.
Literally immediately after completing the procedure, the client returns to his usual way of life. But for effective cell renewal, it is useful to listen to these recommendations:
- Protect the treated area from direct sunlight - delicate skin can become covered with age spots under the influence of ultraviolet radiation.
- We will temporarily forget about alcohol lotions.
- It is not recommended to visit the solarium for a month.
Sometimes the procedure has to be repeated. The beautician calculates the acceptable interval between sessions individually, taking into account the peculiarities of the skin. How much it will cost to remove acne scars, inflammations, skin injuries depends on the size of the lesion. The cost starts from 1500 rubles. (560 UAH) for a scar within 1-5 cm.
In search of a solution to how to get rid of scars with maximum effectiveness, but with the lowest risks, you can turn to special injections. The cosmetologist selects the drug, taking into account the peculiarities of the scar. The product contains enzymes that break down scar tissue, activating the growth of normal healthy cells.
The injections help to remove any scars on the skin:
- pathological after surgery;
- after acne.
The most important part of the procedure is the correct choice of the drug, since sometimes it is necessary to stimulate the production of collagen as much as possible, and sometimes it is important to dissolve the old cells of the connective tissue.
There is no need to prepare specifically for such injections.First, a specialist examines acne scars or injuries, determines the type of formation. Having selected the most successful drug, it is injected into the upper third of the dermis. Most often, 4 to 10 sessions are needed to obtain the desired effect. But the duration of the course depends on the specific condition of the scar and the skin as a whole.
Sometimes, injections are not enough to heal a deep abdominal scar. Injections in combination with laser therapy work best of all.
This method is relatively expensive. However, it shows excellent results. The cost of one procedure starts from 6000 rubles. or 2200 UAH. But the final price depends on the type of drug.
Laser therapy for scar removal
In the photo, laser therapy for scars
If you look for a win-win and most reliable solution, the laser definitely wins all scars. Since the procedure is traumatic, there are a number of contraindications to it. You do not have to rely on laser equipment for such pathologies and conditions:
- oncological diseases;
- active tuberculosis;
- infectious skin diseases;
- inflammatory processes in the treatment area;
- immune problems;
Also, the beautician will offer to postpone the procedure for a pregnant woman. Laser resurfacing of scars during breastfeeding is not recommended.
But, if there are no contraindications, high-precision equipment in the hands of a qualified specialist will help to restore the ideal smoothness of the skin. The essence of the procedure lies in the local effect on the scar tissue. Its excess is removed, the relief is leveled. This is the fastest way to heal scars from cuts, acne, and other damage.
After injuries and wounds, they go to the beauty salon for laser treatment. Tissue repair is successful if the scar appears as a result of burns. If you combine the laser with other techniques, 90% of the scars go away.
Before starting the procedure, the cosmetologist asks the client whether he had a different burn scar before or after the operation, whether it had to be removed, how the body reacted to different methods. If there was a history of healing problems, this is taken into account when constructing a laser treatment regimen.
In order to minimize painful sensations during laser operation, the skin is treated with a special anesthetic cream. Usually cold or hot is felt (depending on the type of equipment). The session lasts from half an hour to several hours.
Sometimes it is possible to achieve the desired result in just one step. But most often 3-5 sessions are required to get the effect. Take a break between them - about 1-1.5 months. During this time, the doctor observes how the scar from the operation changes in order to choose a further correction strategy.
New delicate skin begins to form at the site of the scar. It is important to protect it from the sun, alcohol. Therefore, there are restrictions on the use of cosmetics, and when going outside, the skin is protected with a cream with a UPF filter (if the scar is on an open area of the body). A huge plus of laser therapy is that it gives the final result, and side effects are minimized. But the cost of the procedure is tangible - from 1000 rubles. or UAH 370. for 1 square centimeter.
How to remove scars - watch the video:
Thanks to the extensive selection of scar removal methods, everyone can find the best way for themselves. The main thing is to correlate performance and risks.