Fashion trends and a variety of tones of red colors. The best red manicure ideas and decor options. The most interesting new items.
Red manicure is a nail design that is always in trend. Since this color is associated with passion, energy, attractiveness, it is appreciated for the fact that it attracts attention, enlivens the image. Red varnish never leaves the list of the most demanded. But the decor and design of nails changes, depending on fashion trends. In 2021, designers offer a variety of solutions, among which there are options for different looks - from discreet to solemn.
Fashion trends and colors
Pictured is a red manicure
Modern manicure with red nails impresses with a variety of colors. You can choose bright, pure classics, but experiments with a shade of burgundy, carrot, and other colors are no less interesting. Much already depends on the choice of tone: the darker the color, the more nobility it has. Light shining colors are associated with fun, youth, positive.
Nail designers willingly add the following current shades to their palette:
In 2021, there is an adaptation of the red classics to new trends. Designers offer generous use of a variety of decorations - from sequins and pollen to sequins and broths.
Top trends include geometry and minimalism. They compete with daring contrasts. In fact, the ladies are not limited by anything: you can experiment in different ways, including combining the incongruous. Out of the box color combinations, incredible designs are born. The most important thing in this business is to be guided by a sense of taste and proportion.
Designers do not limit the choice of the length of the nails: you can safely paint in red and short, and very long nail plates. It is only better to think over which nail art to choose so that the fingers do not become short or do not give the impression of being too long, correlating the length of the nails and the design idea.
The best red manicure ideas
Although this color itself looks juicy and boring, red manicure with a design is even more in demand. In 2021, many nail arts of previous years are still relevant, but they are complemented by bright interesting solutions:
- Red French… Maintains a leadership position over the past several seasons. This design is a win-win for the very reason that with the right choice of shade, it will set off any image. You can make a neat scarlet line along the edge, and leave the entire nail in its natural color - such a red jacket manicure looks restrained, gentle, neat. You can choose a daring expressive shade as a base - this excellent solution will complement your evening festive outfit. The combination of matte and glossy red in a jacket looks very interesting. You can go the other way: bring chic and glamor with sparkles and gold. In general, a jacket in red actually opens up the broadest possibilities, if there is determination and imagination.
- Lunar manicure in red… It is even more versatile than a jacket. With such a solution, you can embody the most different and unexpected images. You can make a calm design by combining a bright color scheme, but in a minimal amount, with nude shades. It is easy to create a festive look if you combine a red manicure with rhinestones or other decor.
- Gradient manicure… Ombre technology is successfully used, even when the girl prefers the brightest and most expressive colors.True, such experiments are best done when the length of the plate allows a smooth transition. The most successful combination of shades has yet to be found. You can play with a few red ones, and only because of this, your nails will become attractive. But the design is more interesting and bolder if completely different colors are used. Only on condition of great skill of the performer. By the way, you can choose a calm muted red, and add a neutral shade such as beige or nude to it. And then decor is boldly added to the gradient. Such a red manicure with sparkles looks very beautiful.
- Red and black… Another win-win and surprisingly rich solution. After all, such colors can be combined in different ways, coming up with an endless variety of options. The easiest way is to paint a couple of fingers in red and the rest in black, or vice versa. Surprisingly, thanks to this, the image will acquire charm and even greatness. It will add a touch of piquancy and drama. Even more interesting is a manicure in red tones, if you draw patterns, geometric patterns in black. By the way, you can even make a jacket or moon nail art. You can work on broken glass, gradient, taking these two colors as a basis. Either way, the result will be amazing and exciting. Another idea is to outline the red base with a black border and vice versa. It's amazing how bright and stylish such fingers look.
- Red and gray or beige… These are combinations that are suitable for ladies who are ready to add a little passion to the image, but without going beyond the bounds of decency. If you really want a fashionable red manicure, but the position obliges you to a certain severity and restraint, you can and should take a closer look at one of these combinations. Gray, beige soften the bright shade. At the same time, the nails will definitely not look boring. Moreover, you can use various designs - from a jacket to fashionable geometry.
- Manicure red with gold… A truly luxurious and even magnificent solution. Of course, not for every day, although if the dress code allows, you can literally make a couple of accents in gold, if you really want to shine even in the office. Still, this idea is best used for a special occasion. It is only important not to overdo it. Mostly red is taken as the base, and gold is added with a few strokes. But it is acceptable to make four or three nails red and the rest completely gold. The gradient looks very original in gold on the scarlet coating. You can do a red manicure with flowers in gold. The geometry in this combination is no less interesting and chic. Gold stripes, circles, and other shapes are painted on red nails. It's amazing if the master paints the surface with gold flowers.
- Red cat manicure… Another win-win idea. She gives a share of predation and mystery, not depriving at all of softness and femininity. The cat's eye allows you to play especially well with the length and shape of the nail. Having found the optimal arrangement of the pattern, you can emphasize the grace of your fingers, lengthen them visually, even when the manicure is very short.
- Red matte manicure… Simply brilliant and incredibly effective. Unlike glossy nails, these nails look calmer. Even the brightest office color can be used if the finish is matte. Even the slightest hint of vulgarity is completely excluded: a design with such an effect looks noble, but not without a share of luxury.
- Bubbles nails or foam manicure in red… This is one of the latest technologies for creating a surface with a special texture. Numerous bubbles seemed to burst on the nail, leaving rounded stains of different sizes. The design looks boring, stylish, moderately laconic. As a rule, only 1-2 fingernails are performed in this technique. Moreover, the solution is well combined with other designs and decors. Alternatively, the masters achieve other effects using the same technology. For example, the surface appears to be covered with lunar craters.It can resemble crocodile skin, fish scales, lava streaks.
Red manicure decor options
On the one hand, the bright red color scheme itself looks quite expressive - you can do without nail decorations. But on the other hand, with the help of a thoughtful decor, you can emphasize sophistication or passion, give originality and zest. And in this regard, there are practically no restrictions, if you only remember about harmony.
The best options are:
- Floristic motives… This is a decor that leaves no one indifferent. Especially freely, the master will unfold his imagination, making a red manicure for long nails. Various plants will trail along the plate, buds will bloom, and the image due to this will become even more expressive, sensual, extraordinary. When the nail is very short and small in area, it is more difficult to draw on it. Moreover, you should not rush to the extreme and display miniature drawings with numerous details - they can be viewed only from a close distance. At a quick glance, the most refined flower, but too tiny in size, will seem like a random spot.
- Geometry in different variations… An equally popular decoration, but choosing a drawing should be even more meticulous than a flower for nails. Since you will have to take into account both the length and the width of the plate, so as not to distort the proportions in the negative direction. But with a successful choice of a figure and its correct location, you can even hide the flaws of the fingers, focusing on their merits. For example, in a red manicure on square nails, it is definitely worth inscribing stripes that stretch from the base to the edge of the plate. Then they will look more elongated and a little narrower.
- Gold or silver foil… A decoration that will complement the red and black manicure and other compositions. This is an easy way to highlight your love of luxury. True, moderation is important. If the foil is used excessively, the design will not be chic, but cheap. Moreover, gold is more suitable for mature women who love themselves and know how to present. Silver is more appropriate on the hands of a young girl: it looks softer, cleaner, more innocent. What attracts the foil of nail designers is that each new manicure looks authentic. It is excluded that the drawing will overlap with the art on someone else's fingers. Because a unique and unrepeatable pattern is obtained.
- Rubbing… Another decor that is still relevant in 2021. The coating gives the color depth, character, expressiveness. With it, a beautiful red manicure looks more expensive and status. Rub in is used with both glossy and matte nails. For different shades of red, decor in gold and silver is best suited. Moreover, this decor is permissible even when there are nails of different colors on the hand. For example, gold rubbing on black varnish on one finger will look great, and the rest will be painted in bold scarlet.
- Rhinestones… From year to year, this decor does not lose its popularity thanks to skilled craftsmen. They prove that tiny glitters, when handled skillfully and tastefully, can be the perfect adornment for women's fingers. The definite advantage of rhinestones is that they can be combined with almost any technique. You can do a red manicure on short nails and add chic just a couple of sparkles. More space on long plates, but it is important not to rush to the extreme, covering it up with rhinestones to avoid clunky. Modest accents with a magnetic sheen are appropriate on the contrasting black and red finish. You can make a red manicure with a geometric pattern, and still there is an option of how to decorate it harmoniously with rhinestones.
- Craquelure or crack effect… Also a popular decor that has been used successfully with red nails in different shades.You can achieve this effect with the help of a special coating, but something similar is also obtained with the masterful use of foil. As a rule, it is assumed that the second shade is selected for the base shade - which will be noticeable in the cracks. Red manicure with gold craquelure looks very beautiful, luxurious and really great. Silver looks a little calmer, so this design is acceptable even in the office. The combination of red and black looks even more restrained. But the image will definitely not be more boring - more precisely, depth and drama will awaken in it.
- Shimmers and glitters… Such funds give the image shine, lightness. They are not as heavy as sequins, rhinestones, gold foil. With a slight glow and overflow, the nails look romantic and tender. The highlight of the decor is that the fingers look different, depending on the angle at which you look at the surface. Moreover, a well-chosen glitter or shimmer will complement the red manicure with silver, geometric or floral images.
Novelties and trends of 2021
One of the most charming new fashion trends in red manicure is berry and fruit motifs. Of course, designers used to draw berries before. But in 2021, they are especially eager and widespread about this topic. Moreover, juicy fruits can be painted in any season, on nails in different shades of red. You just need to achieve harmony, and it is easy to do it, remembering all the variety of natural gifts. Bright strawberry will bring lightness, freshness, playfulness. Mulberry will declare originality. Sweet cherries and cherries are unspoken symbols of summer with its heat, sunny warmth, relaxation by the sea.
If you are interested in a festive red manicure, in the new season the combination with beige, supplemented with broths or crystals, has become a real hit. This nail art looks brilliant in every sense. At the same time, beige calms a little, reminds of nobility. Having successfully composed the composition, excluding the luridness, you can choose such an idea for any festive occasion - from a corporate party to a wedding.
In the new season, a non-standard jacket is experiencing a boom in popularity. If you want to show off the beauty of your fingers, inevitably attracting everyone's attention to them, you should use such an unusual idea of a red manicure as tongues of flame instead of the usual laconic strip-arc. Then the image will literally become fiery and unforgettable. However, you can make the design with a touch of romance - decorate the jacket with stylized elongated hearts. The image will be full of positive if you draw elongated smiles instead of an arc.
Another novelty of red manicure is the application of a glossy pattern to the matte surface of the nail, or vice versa. In this case, a 3D effect is obtained, which in itself is original, unbeatable and expressive. Moreover, nothing prevents the use of such a technique in a variety of ways. If you need a relatively calm design, you can literally limit yourself to one color. For a festive or evening look, the technique is complemented with gold, sparkles, foil and other decor.
Although red and white manicure was done before, in 2021 such a composition was looked at from a new angle. Designers who have developed their skills to unprecedented heights, on the basis of this combination, give birth to real masterpieces. For example, red nails with dazzling white lace look incredible. Such a solution will look spectacular in combination with the bride's outfit: on the one hand, a red manicure will declare great love and passion, on the other, and the theme of purity and innocence will be revealed.
Using these two colors, craftsmen work by hand, creating patterns, as well as using tools such as stamping, stencil. Quite unusual, but at the same time, the transition from a white smile to a red base using the gradient technology will look beautiful. By the way, a manicure with such a design on red nails is successfully complemented with decor - sparkles, foil.Only moderately so that the picture as a whole looks harmonious.
Photo of red manicure
How to make a red manicure - watch the video:
Red color in manicure is a classic so that lovers of such a color scheme would not have to give it up. Even acquiring a completely new reading, it does not lose its charm and charm, emphasizing the feminine beauty.