What are black eye patches? Features, types, pros and cons. The best products from well-known brands, application rules, real reviews.
Black eye patches are special bags soaked in useful substances designed to care for the delicate skin of the eyelids. Due to their specific composition, they have a dark shade. Helps eliminate wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. This cosmetic product seduces with ease of use combined with high efficiency. It has almost no contraindications, although in order to obtain the desired result, it is worth getting to know the rules for using the product more closely.
What are black eye patches?
Pictured are black eye patches
Eye patches are special bags with useful impregnation, which has a complex effect on the delicate skin of the eyelids. Such fabric-based products have existed for a long time, but in 2000, a breakthrough was made in Korea, as hydrogel analogues were created. They have gained a lot of adherents, since due to the special texture they can literally stick to the skin, and then just as quickly take off without leaving any traces.
The active substances of the impregnation penetrate deeply, nourish the cells, and eliminate various cosmetic defects. The result of the impact depends on the composition with which such pads are saturated. It also determines the color of the cosmetic bags.
Black hydrogel patches have a rich dark color and are of several types, depending on the composition. The most popular products are based on black pearls. This component has long been appreciated by modern cosmetologists and their predecessors. Women have been using various remedies with such an ingredient for centuries. In China, for example, even official medicine recognizes it as effective for the prevention of aging.
Hydrogel patches with black pearls contain many useful substances, namely 22 types of amino acids, calcium complexes, vitamins B and D, glucose. All these components contribute to the start of regeneration processes. The skin is smoothed, gaining a light, healthy glow.
By creating a hydrogel base, manufacturers enrich eye patches with black pearls and other components equally valuable and useful for maintaining beauty and youth. What can be found in the gel:
- Allantoin… Softens the stratum corneum, helps to remove old, dead cells and start the regeneration of new ones.
- Rose water… Returns skin firmness, freshness and elasticity, eliminates dryness, flaking, feeling of tightness, removes irritation, relieves inflammation.
- Cypress water… Cleans and soothes the skin, fights acne, breakouts, eliminates redness and itching of the skin, normalizes the sebaceous glands, strengthens capillaries.
- Vitamin E… Prevents drying out of the skin, additionally moisturizing it, prevents senile pigmentation, restores, smoothes and protects the epidermis from cancerous lesions
- Colloidal gold… It is included in hydrogel patches with black pearl extract, as it promotes better penetration of the remaining ingredients into the skin. Also, gold is a biologically active element with bactericidal properties. It helps to eliminate microbes, remove toxins, and improve capillary circulation.
Black eye patch packaging
No less effective in comparison with pearl powder and in their own way are useful patches for eyes of the same dark color, but with different active ingredients:
- Snail mucin… It is renowned for its ability to trigger the production of collagen fibers. Also, this component is responsible for accelerating regeneration processes. Therefore, this product belongs to the category of anti-age.It is especially useful if the skin is too dry and sensitive, even if not due to age.
- Post-fermented pu-erh tea… Promotes the elimination of toxins, getting rid of puffiness, tones the skin and tightens it.
- Soya beans… They normalize the water balance, help to retain moisture deep in the dermis, help relieve edema, prevent the appearance of the first wrinkles and even out the relief.
- Black rice… The extract is made from grains that have not been ground. It supplies vitamins and minerals, has a calming effect, relieves inflammation, eliminates redness, inhibits oxidative processes, thereby preventing aging.
- Black sesame… Valuable because it supplies vitamin E, and with it a complex of micro- and macroelements. Rejuvenates, starts regeneration processes, plumps the skin and promotes smoothing.
- Black pepper… Helps to activate blood circulation, strengthens blood vessels, restores their elasticity. Thanks to him, the blue disappears from under the eyes.
- Black mulberry… Provides B and C vitamins as well as folic acid. Thanks to him, the skin is moisturized and nourished, brightens a little.
- Cocoa beans… The extract is rich in organic acids, contains vitamin E. Therefore, with such an additive, the patches contribute to tissue regeneration, healing of micro-wounds. Dryness, a feeling of tightness disappears, the skin is evened out.
- Chinese cinnamon… Gives freshness, tones and tightens the skin. From its use, blood circulation is improved, the removal of toxins is activated, the cells are saturated with oxygen. Also, this extract helps to relieve muscle tension, so the skin is leveled.
- Centella asiatica… Strengthens the walls of capillaries, restores elasticity and firmness to the skin.
- Aloe vera… Helps to retain moisture, oxygenate tissues. It also improves the protective functions of the skin and relieves irritation.
Useful properties of black eye patches
Black eye patches have a complex multidimensional effect on the skin. First of all, they help to eliminate wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
The bags soaked in nutrients saturate the cells with moisture and nutrients. Thanks to this, the color of the skin under the eyes is restored, puffiness and fine wrinkles go away.
As the products stick together, a local “greenhouse effect” occurs. Thanks to it, the pores open, the penetration of beneficial impregnation substances into the lower layers of the dermis improves. At the same time, blood circulation increases, and the blood carries the active components.
Regardless of the composition, the funds quickly restore the skin, since thanks to the special form, the active substances very easily penetrate into the cells. Some beauticians recommend applying black patches to your eyelids before applying makeup. Then the skin is smoothed, the cosmetics fit perfectly, and the image is perfect.
However, you can do procedures using such a tool regularly, although not daily, since we are talking about a cumulative effect. If, after a single application, the result is obvious, but will pass relatively quickly, then the course will help to consolidate it.
Contraindications and harm of black eye patches
As such, there are practically no contraindications to the use of products. Patches with black pearl extract, like analogues, cannot be used, only there is an allergy to some of the components in the composition. It is also better to postpone the procedure for a while if the skin in the area where the "bag" is to be placed is damaged, severely inflamed.
At the same time, not all cosmetologists advocate the introduction of such a product into a complex of products for regular skin care. Some experts believe that patches can be harmful - albeit not instantly, but in the long term. Therefore, if you use them, then only as an express moisturizer, and then no more than a couple of times a week.
The fact is that the hydrogel contains silicone, petrochemical products, preservatives.Such additives are introduced to activate blood circulation, whiten the skin, and preserve active substances. But they are theoretically harmful, so it is worth considering whether to experiment with appearance or not. Moreover, the product is relatively new, no one knows how its use will backfire afterwards - in 10, 20 or 30 years.
It is also extremely important to strictly adhere to the manufacturer's recommendations regarding the use and storage of patches. Such "bags" are not reused, even if it seems that after a single use, all properties have been preserved. The microflora, including the disease-causing one, gets on the remedy. Therefore, you can not only not improve your appearance, but also harm your health!
Best black eye patches
The first black hydrogel eye patches were sold literally by the piece and were expensive. Now you can purchase a whole jar to carry out the procedures in the course. Manufacturers have worried that pathogens do not get inside the container, so they offer a spatula in the kit. It is convenient for her to pick up patches in order to further attach them to the skin.
There are also paired packs on sale. They can be taken with you on a trip, for example, or used for a one-time procedure before an important event or a gala meeting.
In the photo, black patches Images Pearl Lady Series Eye Mask for eyes at a price of 548 rubles. for 60 pcs.
Most effective eye patches:
- Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch… This is a truly legendary product from Korea. In addition to gold and pearl powder, the patches contain hyaluronic acid, castor oil, aloe vera extract and other beneficial plants. A package with 60 "petals" is relatively inexpensive - 700 rubles. or UAH 267.
- Black Pearl Jar Hydrogel Patches Images Pearl Lady Series Eye Mask… A Chinese counterpart that has earned positive feedback. Here, the gel contains hyaluronic acid, collagen, glycerin. In addition to pearl powder, the composition includes chondrus curly extract (Irish moss powder), allantoin, glucomannan, extract of kelp clostone, castor oil. You can buy black patches from this manufacturer for a price of 548 rubles. or UAH 209 for 60 pcs.
- Hydrogel patches with black pearls to improve the color of the skin around the eyes Black Pearl Hydrogel Eye patch, Eyenlip… Another Korean product. It is enriched with allantoin, birch sap and cucumber extracts. The product works effectively, moisturizing, relieving puffiness, and improving skin color. The cost of 60 black eye patches from Korea is 1090 rubles. or 416 UAH.
- Gaston Shooting Star Black Eye Gel Patch… This product is from Korea, but without pearl powder. It contains extracts of black pu-erh tea and soybeans, black rice and black pepper, cocoa beans and aloe vera, as well as many other valuable ingredients. Therefore, the product is no worse than patches with black pearl powder, rejuvenates and restores beauty. The cost of the funds is 1700 rubles. or 670 UAH.
- Eyenlip Black Snail Slime Hydrogel Eye Patch with Black Snail Mucin… A product from Korea with a whitening, regenerating, moisturizing effect. In addition to snail mucin, it contains glycerin and peptides. A jar with 60 "petals" costs 1239 rubles. or 472 UAH.
- Be loved bamboo charcoal hydrogel patches with detox effect… Also originally from Korea. First of all, they have a good cleansing effect. Removing toxins, the product helps to start cell regeneration, rejuvenates and tones the skin. The product is enriched with peptides. A package of 60 pieces costs 1290 rubles. or 492 UAH.
Important! When buying, it is imperative to read on the packaging how long the jar with patches is stored after unsealing. Most often, the shelf life is limited, since contact with air can spoil the product. Most of the jars contain 60 patches, that is, they are enough for 30 days of use under both eyes.
How to use black eye patches correctly?
Before the procedure, according to the recommendations of some manufacturers, it is important to keep the product in the refrigerator. In this case, the effect will be more noticeable.
Before using black eye patches, it is imperative that you remove your makeup and cleanse your skin. It is helpful to give a light massage by patting your face with your fingertips. Let it rest and breathe for a couple of minutes, and then you can apply patches.
The products are placed literally on the lower eyelid, but it is important to step back 2 mm from the edge. It is necessary to exclude the contact of the contents on the mucous membrane of the eyes! Typically, the pads themselves adhere easily without additional effort.
Each manufacturer has their own recommendations for how much to keep black patches under the eyes. On average, 20-30 minutes is enough. It is best to lie down for the duration of the procedure. Then the eyes will relax, the eyelids and surrounding tissues will also, and the nutrients are better absorbed.
The patches are removed by grasping the product from the side of the inner corner of the eye and pulling it towards the temples. Then you can gently rub your fingers over the skin again to work the remaining serum into it. The cream is applied immediately afterwards.
Note! Eye patches can be used not only in the under-eye area. They are attached in the area between the eyebrows, on the nasolabial folds. It is possible to use the products even on the neck. Judging by the reviews, patches with black pearls or other active ingredients and they return a firmness, healthy skin color.
Real Reviews of Black Eye Patch
When considering whether to buy black eye patches, you can and should get acquainted with the experience of other people. Although you should not rely heavily on someone else's opinion: the tool is not suitable for everyone, someone places high expectations on it or does not use it quite correctly. Anyway, here are some indicative reviews about black eye patches.
Anna, 24 years old
As I began to combine work and study, so some problems with my appearance began. Bruises under my eyes appeared, just horror, from constant lack of sleep. I tried the patches, simply because my mother uses them regularly. Nothing like that, I liked it. In principle, pleasant sensations when applied - it tingles a little, but not painful. Then I take it off - the skin is smooth, tender. Sometimes I do literally a couple of times a week. The face definitely freshened up, it was direct acquaintances and they began to notice at work.
Yana, 46 years old
The patches are my first aid for the exterior. I don't use it all the time - before a meeting, an event. The effect is definitely there, although it does not last long.
Vera, 39 years old
Bought Korean black patches, 60 in a can. It is written that after opening, store for 2 months. I figured out what to do in a day. The result was a 1, 5-month course. What can I say, immediately after use, it is obvious that the skin is somehow leveled, filled with something, it becomes alive. But so that the wrinkles are straight away - there is no such thing.
What are black eye patches - look at the video:
After reading the reviews on black eye patches, we can conclude that this is not a magic wand and not a panacea for all cosmetic problems. First of all, they help out when you urgently need to put yourself in order. But they can also be included in the complex of procedures for regular self-care.