Why does redness appear on the skin? How can you eliminate red spots on your face? Proven and reliable ways to deal with cosmetic defects.
Red spots on the face are a cosmetic defect that is dealt with in different ways, depending on its origin. Therefore, before you start looking for the best remedies for redness, it is important to understand its causes.
What do red spots on the face look like?
Photo of red spots on the face
First of all, it is necessary to study redness, if any, appeared on the skin of the face. Because their appearance can already tell a lot. The most harmless spots are those that remain after common acne. Most often, they pass relatively quickly on their own. But sometimes you have to resort to different means that help even out the complexion.
Sometimes the spots are covered with skin completely unpredictable, as it seems at first glance. These are not the usual spots after acne, but extensive lesions. They can cover different areas. Often located on the cheeks, chin, forehead.
The spots are just reddish, but a purple hue is also possible. The phenomenon is especially frightening when red dry spots on the face begin to itch and peel off.
Redness with a visible pattern of spider veins is possible. If skin problems are accompanied by other symptoms, it is worth seeing a doctor. Indeed, often the skin of the face signals health problems.
It is also worth not only inspecting, but also feeling the reddened places, as they may differ in relief. After acne, reddish bumps or depressions remain. If the skin is perfectly smooth at hand, the problem is most likely vascular in nature.
Causes of red spots on the face
Redness can appear completely unexpected and unpredictable at any age. But some people are prone to it from birth, while for others it is a wonder. And it is quite logical that the face becomes covered with red spots more often when a person has sensitive skin.
A variety of reasons can provoke an unpleasant effect:
- Reaction to sunlight;
- Exposure to cold air, wind;
- The consequence of using care products that are not suitable for the skin;
- Stress, strong emotions;
- Improper nutrition;
- Alcohol abuse.
In fact, the list can be continued almost indefinitely, since sensitive skin is easily injured and quickly reacts to a variety of stimuli.
Red spots on the skin of the face after acne appear for natural reasons. When rashes form, the body throws its strength to fight the infection. After the pimples heal, new capillaries form in this place for an active blood supply, which is necessary for tissue repair. Accordingly, the area becomes distinctly red.
But you do not need to be the owner of delicate skin for red spots to appear on the face due to improper care. This is a very common occurrence. If you ignore cleansing, the body may respond in the form of redness. Using cosmetics that are not suitable for your skin type is also fraught with unpleasant consequences.
Ways to deal with red spots on the face
Before taking any action, it is important to understand what type of red spots on the face belong to, to establish their cause. For example, if redness comes as a response to an acute or allergenic product, only external measures cannot get rid of the problem. Also, the choice of funds depends on the degree of redness, neglect of the situation. Sometimes you can do with improvised means, but sometimes you have to resort to serious cosmetic procedures.
Folk recipes for red spots on the face
The simplest way that helps to eliminate almost any etymology of red spots on the face and neck is to apply cold. By applying ice or a towel dipped in cold water, you will notice that the redness immediately subsides. The method works purely physically - the vessels are narrowed, so the undesirable effect disappears.
However, ice alone is often not enough. Rather, it is emergency help when you need to urgently eliminate or at least reduce redness before an important meeting or event. It helps out when spots appear due to a rush of blood from excitement, after spicy food, which is typical for people whose blood vessels lie very close to the skin. If you need to deal with the consequences of improper care or rashes, irritation of the sensitive epidermis, then it is worth adopting useful homemade masks.
- From badyaga… This plant has a whole range of effects that are relevant when the question is how to get rid of red spots on the face. Badyaga disinfects, enhances cell regeneration. Also, the tool helps to better remove the dying layer of the epidermis. Thanks to this, the surface of the skin is leveled. For cooking, take badyagi powder, hydrogen peroxide (3%) and boric acid (5%). The ingredients are mixed, applied to the face and left for 20 minutes. It is important to know that such a mask is contraindicated if the vessels lie close to the skin surface! It can only worsen the condition.
- From honey with cinnamon… Both components have an antiseptic effect, and are also rich in various vitamins and minerals. A mask is prepared by taking honey with ground cinnamon in a ratio of 2 to 1. After mixing the components, the composition is distributed evenly over the skin. It is enough to withstand the product on the face for up to 20 minutes, and then wash with warm water.
- With white clay and essential oils… It is a valuable mix that has anti-inflammatory and whitening effects. You need to dilute 1 tablespoon of clay with water and 3-4 drops of oils - rosemary, tea tree, lavender. You should get a homogeneous mass, which is applied to problem areas. The composition is left on the face for 10 minutes, and then washed off with warm water.
The people are well aware of the excellent herbal remedies for red spots on the face. These are gifts of nature that have a whitening effect. These include parsley. You can just make a decoction with it and wipe problem areas. An even more effective way to remove stains is to dilute the clay with such a decoction and make a mask. If the spots are provoked by inflammatory processes, it will be useful to add essential oils to the composition - rosemary, lemon.
Cucumber has whitening properties. You can simply apply the vegetable by slicing or grating. Homemade lotions and tonics are made on the basis of cucumber, which also help to remove redness. An even better way to tidy up your skin is to add cucumber juice to a nourishing cream.
If there are red spots on the face from the sun, irritation from strong wind or after frosty air, use ordinary milk serum. They wipe the skin with it, make compresses.
It should be remembered, wondering how to remove red spots on the face, that it is important not to harm! Whitening agents are not used daily - preferably 2-3 times a week. It is necessary to withstand the masks on the skin for a short time, listening to the sensations. If itching, burning occurs, the composition is washed off and monitored so that the reaction subsides. Better not to repeat the experiment, at least not without a doctor's approval.
Cosmetics for red spots on the face
In the photo, a scrub for the face Alba Botanica Acne Dote, Face & Body Scrub from red spots at a price of 949 rubles.
Naturally, cosmetic corporations have not ignored such a problem that everyone has to face at least once in their life.Therefore, if a red spot appears on the face, it is not necessary to limit yourself to improvised means and folk recipes. You can choose worthy products to eliminate the ugly effect:
- Derma E Brightening Clay Mask with Vitamin C… The American brand is famous for making cosmetics based on natural ingredients. This mask is enriched with essential oils, therefore it has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, whitening effects. The cost of the product is adequate - 220 rubles. or 84 UAH.
- Facial scrub Alba Botanica Acne Dote, Face & Body Scrub… This cosmetics also contains useful natural ingredients. It contains walnut powder, which helps to gently remove the upper stratum corneum. This component is supplemented with essential oils that disinfect and start regeneration processes. Unlike many other scrubs, this one is quite delicate. It can be used even if red spots appear on the face with sensitive and delicate skin. The product is more expensive - 949 rubles. or UAH 363.
Pharmacy preparations for red spots on the face
In the photo Zinc ointment from red spots on the face, the price of which is 35 rubles.
In some cases, you can and should go to the pharmacy to purchase an ointment for red spots on the face or another product of the pharmaceutical industry. Especially if these are not just modest and barely noticeable spots after acne, but a more serious problem in the form of extensive lesions with scaly areas. Naturally, it is permissible to correct the situation on your own only after a visit to the doctor.
The doctor may advise such pharmacy products:
- Vizin, Pure tear… Everyone knows this drug as a remedy that removes redness of the eyes, helps to forget about the feeling of sand. But it also helps in the fight against pimples after acne. You can apply a compress pointwise or wipe problem areas instead of lotion. The drops are quite inexpensive - from 257 rubles. or 98 UAH.
- Zinc ointment… This is also a very common and inexpensive remedy that will help out if the red spots on the face peel off, spoil the mood and appearance. The product has numerous effects, for which cosmetologists appreciate it, recommending its use for problems with the epidermis. The ointment dries out, relieves inflammation, activates regeneration processes, and disinfects. The price of such a tool is cheap in the literal sense of the word - 35 rubles. or 10 UAH.
Cosmetology procedures for red spots on the face
If you are tormented by the question of what to do with red spots on your face, you can go to the professionals. First of all, it is worth making sure that everything is in order with the internal organs: the skin shows diseases, reflecting that something is wrong in the body. In addition, a consultation with a dermatologist does not hurt. If no diseases are detected, a beautician will help, who will select an individual program.
The specialist will determine exactly why there are red spots on the face. He will also find the optimal cosmetics for the skin type. He will also offer effective procedures to eliminate an unpleasant cosmetic defect:
- Professional cleaning… It is neglected by many women, and in vain. By comprehensively cleansing the epidermis, the specialist removes the stratum corneum, stimulates the start of regeneration processes, the production of collagen and elastin. In parallel, inflamed areas are disinfected. Thanks to deep cleansing of pores, the event performs a preventive task: the risks of new acne, which, in turn, later turn into red spots, are minimized. On average, such a service in salons costs about 2,000 rubles.
- Peelings… Although it is possible to perform such procedures at home, if red spots appear on the face, and nothing helps to cope with them completely, it is better to seek the help of a professional. The fact is that he will individually select the peeling for the type of skin so as not to harm.If the epidermis is prone to grease, the procedure will help normalize the production of sebum. If the skin is dry, formulations will be used to help moisturize and retain moisture in the cells. How much the service costs depends on what means the cosmetologist uses. On average, you need to count on 1, 5-2 thousand rubles.
- Laser resurfacing… If all else fails, no matter what kind of cream for red spots on the face is used, you can resort to the most modern, effective and safe technique. The laser has a complex effect on the skin, effectively removing the upper stratum corneum of cells, stimulating regenerative processes. True, the procedure is expensive: you need to count on an average of 5000-7000 rubles. per session.
It is worth recalling that after a visit to the beautician, red spots on the face can also form, which itch and peel off. In this case, there is no cause for alarm. These are just the processes of regeneration that began after professional intervention. As a rule, the traces after the procedures in the beauty parlor disappear without a trace. It is only important to adhere to the recommendations of a specialist and maintain the epidermis, as recommended.
How to get rid of red spots on the face - watch the video:
In general, if you are worried about red itchy spots on your face, do not panic or give up. Today, there are a lot of effective means in service, ranging from the simplest and available to everyone. The main thing is to choose the best solution for yourself, adhering to the principle "Do no harm".