Useful properties of ginger for the face, contraindications and harm. Methods of application, recipes for home remedies. Results, real reviews.
Ginger Facial is a natural remedy that can improve the condition of the skin, which is why it has been successfully used to combat acne and wrinkles. Ginger root also has other beneficial properties that are appreciated by cosmetologists. Further, in detail about how to use ginger for the face at home and what effect you can count on.
Useful properties of ginger for the face
In the photo, ginger for the face
Ginger is a plant whose root has long been used for food due to its unique characteristics, as it has a light pungent taste and spicy aroma. But the spice is also widely used in aromatherapy and cosmetology, in particular for the face.
Cosmetics based on ginger moisturize tissues, tone up, eliminate skin laxity, lighten pigmentation, freckles, and smooth wrinkles. But the main value of the plant is its tonic and antiseptic properties.
The healing properties of ginger for the face are explained by its rich composition, 3% of which is essential oil:
- amino acids - stimulate cell regeneration;
- vitamins A, C, PP, group B - fight inflammation, pigmentation, accelerate metabolism;
- minerals - prevent aging, are a building material for cells;
- gingerol - a powerful antioxidant that prevents the appearance of wrinkles;
- oils - moisturize, eliminate flaking, increase the elasticity of the skin.
The secret of the effectiveness of cosmetic products for the face with ginger lies in its warming effect, as a result of which blood flow increases, the synthesis of collagen and elastin increases. By stimulating blood circulation, nutrients penetrate into the deeper layers of tissues.
As a result of regular use of ginger on the skin, you can achieve an amazing effect:
- narrow pores, reduce sebaceous discharge;
- give the skin a healthy shade;
- speed up metabolism;
- remove toxins from cells;
- smooth out the relief and tighten the contours of the face;
- get rid of small wrinkles and smoothen large folds;
- relieve inflammation, remove acne;
- increase local immunity;
- slow down the aging process.
Note! Ginger root is suitable for all skin types - dry, oily and problematic.
Contraindications and harm of ginger for the face
Ginger is a highly circulatory and warming herb with a complex composition, so it is important to use it carefully. To avoid negative reactions, consider the contraindications to the use of ginger for the face:
- High body temperature … The spice activates blood flow. If the temperature rises against the background of an infection, ginger accelerates its spread throughout the body, reduces the effectiveness of antipyretic drugs.
- Pregnancy … During childbearing, increased blood circulation is undesirable for a woman. It can provoke an increase in uterine contractility.
- Dermatological pathologies … While irritating, ginger used on the face for wrinkles or acne can worsen psoriasis, eczema, and ulcers. It is recommended to use cosmetics based on it only for healthy skin.
- Fresh cuts, abrasions … When formulations with ginger are applied to open wounds, there is a burning sensation, tingling sensation. In addition to unpleasant sensations, the spice causes irritation, interfering with the healing of the skin.
- Individual intolerance to ginger … Before using cosmetics based on it, conduct a sensitivity and allergy test. Apply a little of the mixture to the crook of the elbow, let it sit for 15-20 minutes and observe the reaction of the body. Use formulations with ginger if there are no breakouts or redness.
If you do not take into account the contraindications to the use of ginger for the face, negative consequences may arise. Red spots appear on the skin, itching, tingling is felt. In the presence of dermatological pathologies, abrasions, healing is difficult. An increase in body temperature, blood pressure is possible.
Ways to use ginger for your face
Since ancient times, ginger root has been used to care for the skin of the face, as it has numerous beneficial properties. Let's take a closer look at the most popular ways to use spices in cosmetology and effective home remedies recipes.
Ginger toners for face
Ginger tonic is an effective remedy for increasing the elasticity of the skin. It tones the epidermis, enhancing blood circulation and cell nutrition, helps smooth wrinkles, relieves rashes, and brightens pigmentation.
Effective Ginger Facial Toner Recipes:
- Classical … 1 tsp pour a glass of boiling water over the grated root. When the product has cooled, strain, use to wipe the skin.
- With oatmeal … To prepare a tonic, pour 1 handful of oatmeal into 1 liter of cool boiled water. Grind the peeled ginger to make 1-2 tsp. shavings. Add to oatmeal, stir and refrigerate. Use the infusion to wipe your face twice a day.
- With aloe … To prepare the product, you must first prepare fresh juice from the leaves of aloe and mix 30 ml of the product with 50 ml of ginger juice.
Ice with ginger for the face
Ginger ice is an excellent facial toner. To prepare it, you first need to make a ginger infusion. Pour 60 g of grated root with 0.5 liters of boiling water.
When the infusion has cooled, pour it into molds and send it to the freezer.
Cleanse your skin before using ice with ginger. Wipe the face with an ice piece gently, avoiding prolonged contact with the skin. When doing this, avoid the area around the eyes and near the sinuses.
Ginger face cream
Ginger cream is useful for the face, as it has moisturizing, nourishing, antiseptic properties. The tool effectively smoothes wrinkles, fights acne and acne, but does not dry the skin.
To make ginger face cream, you will need:
- 1 tsp plant root juice;
- 2 tsp. sesame oil and apricot kernels, vitamin E;
- 0, 5 tbsp. cocoa or coconut butter.
Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and pour into a clean jar.
The cream is applied to clean skin of the face at night in a thin layer daily. Store in the refrigerator.
Ginger face masks
Homemade ginger face masks help to improve skin color, even out relief, lighten freckles and age spots. They are suitable as a remedy for wrinkles not only on the face, but also on the neck, in the décolleté area, as they trigger the natural process of rejuvenation, enhancing regeneration at the cellular level.
Use only fresh ingredients to prepare the product. Stuck food contains less nutrients. The ginger root used for the face should be juicy, firm, with a pronounced aroma. When cleaning the product, peel off the skin as thin as possible: most of the valuable components are located just under it.
Best ginger face masks:
- With yoghurt and orange … This product has a deep moisturizing and nourishing effect, smoothes even pronounced wrinkles. To prepare the mask, grind the ginger root. 1 tbsp. l. mix the workpieces with 2 tbsp. l. honey, 100 ml of yogurt and 3-4 drops of orange ether. Soak the mask on your face for 20 minutes, wash yourself.
- With honey … Liquid natural honey is an ideal remedy for aging, aging skin. Due to the huge amount of biologically active components in the composition, it increases the elasticity of the skin, smoothes wrinkles, and stops the aging process. Use grated fresh ginger root or dried plant powder to make a ginger and honey face pack. 1 tsp mix raw materials with 1, 5 tbsp. l. honey. Bring the ginger and honey for the face to a paste, apply to the face and wait 15 minutes. Wash yourself.
- With turmeric … Another oriental spice makes the skin smooth and literally shiny from the inside out. The addition of esters and herbal infusions to the mixture enhances the effect of the spices. To prepare a ginger and turmeric face mask, mix 30 g of ground root, 10 g of powdered turmeric, 12 g of ground oatmeal, 5 ml of tea tree ether and 20 ml of strong thyme infusion. Add dry ingredients first, then add oil and infusion. Keep the ginger and turmeric mask on your face for 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure daily for 10 days.
- With banana … To prepare the product, you will need fresh fruit, peeled and mashed to a puree state, as well as ginger juice. Take both ingredients equally (20 g each), add 10 g of ground rice cereal (or flour), 5 ml of almond oil. Stir the composition for a minute, cool. Spread the banana and ginger mask over the face, soak for 20 minutes. Rinse off with a lemon solution (1 part lemon juice to 10 parts boiled water). Repeat the procedure 2 times a week.
- With cream and vitamins … The product is suitable for dry skin. It perfectly nourishes and smoothes wrinkles. To prepare 25 g of ground ginger for the face, mix with 40 ml of honey and the same amount of cream or sour cream. Add 5 drops of oil solutions of vitamins A and E. Distribute the composition over the skin of the face, soak for 15 minutes. Wash yourself.
- With yoghurt … The mask gently cleanses pores and removes breakouts. Stock up on 1 tsp. ground ginger powder and lemon juice. Add 3 tsp to them. liquid yogurt and 1 tsp. honey. Mix with the contents of 4 capsules of an oil solution of vitamin E. Spread the mask with ginger for acne on the face over the skin for half an hour, rinse with water.
- With olive oil … If the skin dries and cracks in the cold, use this mask. Grind a small piece of plant root to make 1, 5 tbsp. l. shavings. Add 70 g of olive oil. Lubricate your face with the mixture, leave for 20 minutes and rinse.
- With pomegranate … To brighten complexion and make age spots less visible, mix 1 tbsp. l. pomegranate pulp and 1 tsp. ginger juice. Apply the ginger and pomegranate mask on face for 5-7 minutes, rinse.
For maximum facial benefits of ginger, spice masks should be used 1-2 times a week. Too frequent use provokes burns and irritation, promotes the manifestation of the vascular network.
Real reviews about ginger face
Reviews of ginger face masks are mostly positive. They perfectly cleanse the pores of the skin, reduce sebaceous secretions, disinfect and relieve inflammation. At the same time, acne disappears, the skin becomes elastic and silky. Here are some informative testimonials about face ginger.
Marina, 29 years old
For a long time I suffered from acne, which I could not get rid of. A friend recommended making masks with ginger. She said that the product was tested and would not pinch. I decided to try it. Almond oil was added to soften the composition. The result exceeded expectations. For a week, acne completely disappeared, the skin of the face cleared. I am very glad that I used the recipe.
Olga, 34 years old
After 30 years, nasolabial folds began to appear. I did a lot of things: I bought anti-wrinkle remedies and made different masks. On the Internet, I found a recipe for a mask using ginger. I tried it for 2 weeks. The result was amazing. Wrinkles are significantly smoothed out, become less noticeable. I continued the procedures for another month. Soon I did not recognize the face: the skin glowed. I decided to take a break and repeat the procedures.
Anastasia, 48 years old
I regularly make ginger masks for wrinkles to improve the appearance of my face. It's amazing how effective they are. The improvements are noticeable after the first application. The skin is smoothed and elasticized. The complexion changes to glowing, golden. I really like this natural remedy that literally renews the skin.
How to use ginger for face - watch the video: