Composition and types of foot creams. Useful properties, contraindications for use. TOP 10 best tools, application features, real reviews.
Foot cream is a skin and nail care product that can solve cosmetic and some dermatological problems. First of all, such products are designed to soften the epidermis, eliminate dryness and improve sensations on the skin and feet. However, this is only a small part of all the possible beneficial properties of this caring cosmetics. This article contains a more detailed description of the foot care cream - what is included, what benefits it brings and how to use it.
What is foot cream?
In the photo, foot cream
Cream is a very popular type of cosmetics. It is noteworthy that the most popular products in this category are products for the skin of the face and hands. As for the legs, many either ignore their care, or use simple means intended for the body. However, both of these options are undesirable. Firstly, the skin on the surface of the legs, thighs and feet needs no less moisture and a careful attitude. It is not advisable to ignore the presence of corns, peeling, calluses, coarse heels, not only in terms of an unaesthetic appearance, but also in terms of health. Secondly, the composition of the foot cream is different from others. Foot care products contain more fat, nourishing and healing components than creamy masses for the rest of the body. This is due to the fact that there are fewer sebaceous glands, the skin is exposed to greater stress, therefore it has a dense stratum corneum and requires more intense moisture.
A high-quality foot cream can contain various useful ingredients, for example:
- Panthenol … A common ingredient in moisturizers. Promotes the acceleration of skin regeneration.
- Hyaluronic acid … The component is important for the skin - it helps to retain moisture, preventing tissue dehydration. Creates a light film on the surface that does not give unpleasant sensations.
- Glycerol … Also promotes hydration. This substance is capable of attracting moisture. But it is advisable not to use it in places with low humidity.
- Lanolin … This component is designed to create a lightweight film that will protect against harmful external influences.
- Menthol … Foot cream with menthol gives the skin coolness, it perfectly relaxes and has a beneficial effect on cellular metabolism. Likewise, extracts from the leaves of the Evalipta can be added to the funds.
- snake poison … Able to penetrate into the deep layers of the skin. It has a warming effect that stimulates blood circulation. Ingredients similar in action to bee venom, hot pepper extract.
- Shark oil … Quite helpful. It allows you to slow down the aging process, accelerate regeneration and eliminate tissue edema.
- Avocado oil … Perfectly improves the condition of aging and dehydrated skin, improves the structure of the epidermis and softens it.
- Shea butter … Designed to care for damaged and flabby skin. Allows you to replenish the supply of nutrients and establish cellular metabolism.
- Essential oils … Oily pomace from orange, lemon, juniper, mint and other plants are excellent nourishing and moisturizing ingredients. They have a good effect on the structure of the integument and the functionality of cells, increase local immunity and normalize metabolic processes. Foot cream with oils gives a pleasant aroma and refreshes the skin.
- Rosemary … It has a beneficial effect on fading tissue and has a beneficial effect on blood circulation.
- Extract from lavender flowers … It has an antiseptic effect, normalizing the skin microflora and stimulating the healing of injuries. Also has a calming effect.
- Vitamins … The vitamins most essential for the skin are E, C and A. They are responsible for the regeneration and metabolism of cells. They help protect the integument from external influences and slow down the aging process.
This is not a complete list of possible ingredients. Over time, manufacturers are developing new formulas that combine a lot of useful properties and are highly effective. To obtain the maximum cosmetic effect, it is necessary to take a responsible approach to the choice of this or that care product.
There are several types of creams, and they can be divided into the following categories:
- By skin type … There are products on sale for dry, normal or problem skin of the feet.
- By area of application … Here, the selection includes versatile, for heels or for toes and nails.
- At the place of application … For professional or home use.
- By appointment … This is the broadest classification, it includes remedies for calluses, corns, varicose veins, cracks, edema, as well as moisturizing, relaxing, nourishing, deodorizing and antifungal cosmetic products.
- By segment … This type of cosmetics can be divided by cost - budget, premium and luxury products.
You can buy foot cream at almost any store, pharmacy or online store. The choice is very wide, and everyone can find exactly the option that is needed. Prices are very diverse and depend on the brand, composition, volume of the bottle.
Useful properties of foot cream
Many are accustomed to the fact that cosmetic products can only improve the appearance by eliminating some dermatological defects or simply masking them. However, the same cannot be said for care products. For example, the use of a foot cream can solve more serious problems than peeling and roughness of the skin.
Of course, first of all, creamy cosmetics make the skin softer and velvety. But at the same time, many of them also allow you to restore the integrity and increase the elasticity of the dermis, get rid of redness, eliminate vascular networks, hematomas, edema and much more. The whole spectrum of benefits depends on the ingredients in the composition and the degree of their penetration deep into the tissues.
Why the foot cream is useful:
- Moisturizing … The product contains components that allow you to restore water balance, make the skin softer and relieve it of flaking. These creams can be applied to the entire surface of the legs where the skin is depleted. This is especially true for the treatment of areas with a large amount of soft tissues - shins, calves, thighs. Here, the skin is exposed to external influences and various procedures, for example, the removal of unwanted hair.
- Nutrition … Of course, if there is a lack of nutrients in the body, this will affect the health and appearance of the skin on the legs. That is why the best foot cream will definitely contain vitamins, minerals and other components necessary for the epidermis.
- Skin regeneration … Replenishing the supply of nutrients and moisturizers helps to restore normal cellular metabolism and accelerate regeneration processes. This allows you to quickly renew the skin, heal damage and get rid of corns and calluses, which ultimately improves the appearance.
- Strengthening tissues … This effect of the foot cream is beneficial for the skin, nails and blood vessels. Under the influence of useful components, the walls of blood vessels and cell membranes are strengthened. The nails become less brittle and more elastic. This action, along with hydration and increased nutrition, helps to avoid or reduce the appearance of cracked heels. Many creamy remedies have a beneficial effect on the veins, helping to reduce the rate of development of varicose veins.
- Antimicrobial effect … If it is necessary to normalize the microflora in the lower part of the legs, especially in the area of the toes, then you need to choose a foot cream with antiseptic components that kill various microbes, fungi and prevent their reproduction for several hours. Antimicrobial action also helps eliminate the cause of unpleasant foot odor.
- Deodorization … Refreshing ingredients such as menthol, watermelon and others help improve the smell of the skin. Carefully study the composition before choosing a foot cream - some products can only add aroma, but not solve the problem of the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- Improving blood circulation … The normalization of blood flow occurs under the influence of some warming or cooling components. Improved blood supply relieves many problems - excessive fatigue, impaired metabolism, poor wound healing, soft tissue swelling, etc.
- Relaxation … Refreshing ingredients, such as menthol, watermelon, can relieve fatigue after a hard day or stay in hot conditions and uncomfortable shoes. The foot cream works as well as a relaxing bath.
- Reducing sweating … Many men and women experience excessive sweating of the feet. This creates serious discomfort and creates an unpleasant odor. Some creamy cosmetics regulate glandular function by reducing the amount of sweat you produce.
Contraindications to the use of foot cream
Foot creams are non-medicinal products that contain generally safe ingredients and do not require a visit to a doctor before use. That is why they practically have no contraindications for use. However, there are still some limitations.
It is not recommended to use care products on severely damaged skin. If there are ulcers, extensive fungal infection, wounds, suppuration, then treat the affected areas with foot cream for dryness, fatigue, varicose veins, etc. not worth it. Medicines must be used first to fix the problem.
Also, before using this or that product for the first time, you need to familiarize yourself with the composition and make sure that none of the components is capable of causing individual intolerance. This limitation is more relevant for allergy sufferers. Most of the products available on the market do not cause allergic reactions and are well accepted by the skin.
TOP 10 best foot creams
In the photo, Natura Siberica foot cream at a price of 200 rubles.
The huge selection of cosmetics for heel and foot skin care complicates the buying process. Recently, most manufacturers have been focusing on the naturalness of the composition, which makes it possible to increase the effectiveness of the funds. To choose a quality product, you need to pay attention to the brand and active formula. Well-known brands have proven themselves from the best side, the companies have vast experience and production capacity. The prices for their product are slightly higher. As for little-known manufacturers, the prices are often lower, but at the same time cheap synthetic substances may be present in the formula.
We bring to your attention the TOP 10 best cream products for feet:
- Foot cream for cracks and calluses on the heels Natura Siberica, Russia … This active care is indicated for non-pronounced problems that do not require the use of a drug. The useful formula is based on extracts from Far Eastern and Siberian medicinal plants, vitamin A, white wax, D-panthenol. Such a complex of components allows you to effectively soften the skin, suppress the inflammatory process and restore tissue layer by layer. However, it requires additional moisture. The product has a pleasant aroma, absorbs very quickly and does not create an unpleasant film. Very economical. The price of a 75 ml tube is about 200 rubles or 80 hryvnia.
- Foot cream Super Moisture Aravia, Russia … Contains urea, glycerin, salicylic acid, allantoin, coconut oil and avocado. It has a moisturizing, regenerating, deodorizing, antiseptic effect. Nourishes the cells and makes the skin soft and elastic. Price - 300 rubles or 140 hryvnia for a can of 550 ml.
- Cream for tired feet Organic Oils Collection, Liv Delano, Belarus … This is a triple action remedy, primarily a cream for leg edema, which allows you to remove excess fluid from soft tissues. It also enhances the protective properties of the skin and helps it refresh, moisturize and soften it. Such a complex of useful action can significantly reduce fatigue. Contains horse chestnut, hyaluronic acid and menthol. The price of a 100 g tube is 250 rubles or 120 hryvnia.
- Toning foot cream Cedralex, France … Designed to quickly relieve fatigue, relieve the feeling of heaviness and distention. The composition includes extract of Corsican citron, menthol, moisturizing ingredients. In general, the product tones and nourishes tissues, has an antioxidant effect, improves metabolism, refreshes and softens integuments. The price of a 150 ml tube is about 800 rubles or 350 hryvnia.
- Cream Venorm Biolit, Russia … Its purpose is to alleviate the condition with varicose veins, relieve pain, eliminate heaviness in the legs and swelling of soft tissues. Due to its natural composition, it actively affects metabolic processes, strengthens blood vessels and cell membranes. The main components: horse chestnut, calendula, lanolin, wax, glycerin, sweet clover, common cuff. The price of this cream for heaviness in the legs (tube 50 ml) is at least 250 rubles or 100 hryvnia.
- Foot cream with arnica Librederm, Belarus … Purpose - gentle care for dry and rough skin of the feet, the fight against corns, cracks and calluses. It has a preventive and restorative effect, moisturizes, deodorizes, forms a protective barrier. It can be used not only on the feet, but also on the entire surface of the skin of the legs and arms. Perfectly softens integuments, gives elasticity. For many, this is the best foot cream. It absorbs well and gives quick results. The composition contains an extract of arnica flowers, which serves as a source of choline, betaine, carotenoids, essential oils, alkaloids and other useful substances. The price of a 75 ml tube is 500 rubles or 200 hryvnia.
- Emollient foot cream against cracks and dryness, Eveline Cosmetics, Poland … It is multifunctional - it regenerates tissues, nourishes and moisturizes, making the skin elastic and soft, refreshes, removes unwanted microbes, tones, relieves irritation and eliminates calluses. The composition includes a vitamin complex (A, E, F), menthol, wheat germ oil. The disadvantage is slow action, since the first results can be seen not earlier than after a week. Price - 100 rubles or 50 hryvnia for a tube of 100 ml.
- Gehwol Deodorant cream, Germany … Purpose - deodorizing the skin of the legs. The effect is cumulative. With constant use, it prevents the appearance of an unpleasant odor, effectively moisturizes and softens the skin. It is quickly absorbed and penetrates very well into tissues. In reviews, foot cream is described as an antiseptic that can eliminate fungus. The composition includes aloe vera, zinc oxide, jojoba oil, tea tree essential oil. Thanks to such a capacious formula, the product improves regeneration, normalizes water exchange, eliminates puffiness, and increases local immunity. The price starts at 760 rubles or 300 hryvnia.
- Foot cream with urea, EVO, Russia … An excellent prophylactic agent. Indicated for the care of dehydrated skin with severe flaking, corns, cracked heels. This cream for tired legs is a salvation, because the effect of its application is visible almost immediately. The formula includes urea, oak bark, sunflower extract, sage. It moisturizes, softens, refreshes, relieves tension, has a mild analgesic effect and helps to heal cracks. A 75 ml bottle costs from 100 rubles or 35 hryvnia.
- Softening foot cream Domix Green, Russia … A professional product for eliminating corns, moisturizing, nourishing cells, restoring tissues. Contains silver, lemon, essential oils, lanolin, moisturizing ingredients. The price of a foot cream (200 ml bottle with a dispenser) - from 150 rubles or 50 hryvnia.
How to use foot cream correctly?
The rules for using foot care products are quite simple. But it is important to follow the recommendations for preparing the feet before the procedure. First of all, you need to wash them in water at a comfortable temperature. It is not recommended to use too hot for washing: it dries out and can cause redness and swelling of tissues. Cold, however, will not allow you to properly clean the integument.
If the heels are very rough, then they should be carefully treated with a pumice stone to remove dead particles and prepare the tissues for enhanced absorption of nutrients. In some cases, the foot cream instructions may recommend steaming followed by cleaning with a hard stone - be sure to read the information on the bottle. If the product is also intended for nail care, then before the procedure it is better to do a pedicure by removing the cuticle and filing the nails.
Before using the foot cream, dry them well.
It is recommended to apply the product with massage movements, gently rubbing it into the skin. After that, you can raise the legs higher and leave until the cream mass is completely absorbed.
Most often, cosmetic creams can be used 1-2 times daily. The duration of the course depends on the existing problems and the effectiveness of the remedy.
Real reviews of foot creams
The choice of foot products is quite large. You can navigate according to different criteria - type of cream, composition, brand, price category. In principle, everyone can find an option to meet their needs. At the same time, many people like to ask for advice from friends or are happy to read reviews about foot creams on the Internet. We bring to your attention several illustrative ones.
Alevtina, 39 years old
I really like the urea cream. I bought from different manufacturers, the effect is excellent. It relieves fatigue well, makes the skin soft and pleasant to the touch. I took it for my mother, helped her get rid of cracked heels. I recommend it to those who have problem skin on their legs.
Zhanna, 46 years old
In the summer, I always buy myself foot creams. I take several at once with different effects. The most favorite brands are Librederm, Cedralex, Natura Siberica. It is important for me to moisturize and soften the skin well. I like menthol products - in the evening they relieve stress and cool. And in winter I mainly use either just moisturizers, or with snake venom to warm up and relieve fatigue.
Lilia, 36 years old
Before using the foot cream, I definitely steam my feet in a herbal decoction bath. It is very important for me to keep my skin in good condition. After such preparation, any product is better absorbed and acts much more efficiently. For me, hyaluronic acid, essential oils must be present in the composition. You can have vitamins A and E too. I buy Evelyn, Librederm and Belita-Vitex.
How to choose a foot cream - watch the video:
Remember to look after your feet, but only use products designed specifically for the feet, and not for caring for other parts of the body, in order to maintain healthy feet and always be beautiful from head to heel.