Reasons for the appearance of irritation after depilation and methods of dealing with it. Pharmacy and cosmetics, recipes for a folk medicine cabinet. Actions before, during and after hair removal.
Irritation after depilation is a natural reaction to the stress received, and the less experience a woman has in removing unwanted hair, the sharper her skin responds to contact with razors, waxes or sugaring paste. In theory, the reaction should get weaker over time, but why wait? Whether it is the first depilation or the twenty-first one, no one makes you pay for it with unpleasant sensations.
The main causes of irritation after depilation
In the photo, irritation after depilation
So, you again with chagrin discovered signs of skin irritation after depilation: pinkish-purple spots and red dots, a feeling of tightness and itching, and with special bad luck, even minor inflammations. What's the first thing to do? Try to get to the bottom of the problem.
Why irritation occurs:
- you pay little attention to the preparation stage for depilation;
- you got low-quality wax / sugar / cream or the razor has become blunt;
- you did not read the instructions well or were in a hurry and were too awkward to act;
- you have an allergic reaction to the components of the used product;
- after depilation, you did not care for the treated areas of the face and body properly;
- you have very dry sensitive skin or have scratches or other damage;
- you are new to hair loss and your skin is not yet used to this procedure.
If mild redness and itching go away 2-3 hours after hair removal, no special action is needed. But strong irritation after depilation should not be ignored, because it is not only unpleasant, but also harmful to the skin.
Note! In order to avoid confusion, recall: depilation is a method of removing unwanted hair on the face and body, which does not destroy follicles and does not affect the further growth of hairs. This includes shaving, plucking, waxing, sugaring, and the use of special creams. Epilation is aimed at destroying the hair follicle and stopping hair growth.
Ways to deal with irritation after depilation
Having determined the cause of the problem, you can proceed to the search for methods of solving it. Or, if you are not sure that you were able to correctly determine why your skin is itchy and covered with spots every time after hair removal, reconsider your approach to the procedure in principle.
Pharmacy preparations for relieving irritation after depilation
Photo of Bepanten cream from spreading after depilation at a price of 400 rubles.
There are many pharmacy ointments, lotions, sprays, powders and creams for irritation after depilation. It will not be difficult to choose the right product, even for very picky skin.
Fast-acting pharmaceutical preparations:
- ArgoVasna … Healing chitosan gel worth 770 rubles for 80 ml.
- Bepanten … It is produced in the form of an ointment, lotion, cream with a high regenerating ability. Costs from 400 rubles. for 30 ml.
- Borough plus … Moisturizes, nourishes, restores. Released at a price of about 125 rubles for 25 ml.
- Panthenol … You can buy a cream, ointment or spray that repairs, softens and moisturizes damaged skin. Cost - from 75 rubles. for 70 ml.
- Rescuer … The balm is designed to solve a variety of skin problems. Price - from 120 rubles for 30 ml.
Cosmetics for irritation after depilation
In the photo, Aravia Professional water from irritation after depilation, the price of which is 300 rubles.
Each of these remedies will help both get rid of irritation after depilation and prevent the appearance of redness and itching, if applied to the body or face immediately after removing unwanted hair.
Moisturizing, emollient and soothing cosmetics:
- Cream after shugaring Gloria (Russia) … Despite the name, which directly indicates that the cream is designed to relieve irritation after sugar depilation, it can be used in other cases of removing excess hair. The product contains emollient oils and healing plant extracts, does not allow bacteria to penetrate to the follicles that have opened slightly, and has a soothing effect on the skin. It costs about 1000 rubles. for 460 ml.
- Aravia Professional water (Russia) … Has the healing effect of panthenol, tones the skin with echinacea and bisabolol extracts, nourishes with castor oil and minerals. The bottle is equipped with a convenient spray bottle. It costs 300 rubles. for 300 ml.
- Deep Depil Floresan cream-gel (Russia) … How to remove irritation after depilation and postpone the next procedure? Look for a hair growth retardant. For example, this gel soothes the skin with chamomile and aloe vera extracts, nourishes and softens with camelina oil and inhibits the activity of hair follicles with white mistletoe, hops, thuja, sage and papaya. It costs 130 rubles. for 50 ml.
- Start Epil oil (Russia) … Recommended for treating leather after waxing. Painlessly removes the smallest hours of adhered wax, frees pores, soothes. Heals the skin with calendula extract, refreshes with mint oil. It costs 320 rubles. for 200 ml.
- Talc cosmetic Dyon (Russia) … Relieves burning and redness, prevents ingrown hairs, takes care of the skin. It is indispensable for combating irritation after depilation of hands, or rather, armpits, since it prevents the release of profuse sweat and allows for some time to do without deodorant, which causes a burning sensation on disturbed skin. It costs 200 rubles. per 100 g. Treating the affected skin is required 2-3 times a day until complete healing.
Note! On review sites, you can find advice on using baby cream to relieve irritation after depilation - reviews call it almost a panacea. However, experts warn: the cream should not be oily, so as not to clog the pores and not interfere with the skin's regeneration.
Folk recipes for skin irritation after depilation
It happens that a favorite remedy suddenly ends, there is nothing suitable at hand, and there is no time to run to a pharmacy or a cosmetics store. But you should not get upset: what to do with severe irritation after depilation, the people's first-aid kit will tell you.
What can be used:
- Lotions from aloe cut along a leaf or scraped off with a knife and laid out on cheesecloth pulp of a plant.
- Rubbing the skin with lemon juice. On the Web, this recipe is often presented as a universal remedy that can both remove irritation after depilation on the face, and completely get rid of "antennae" if you lubricate the skin immediately after hair removal, but the effectiveness of the latter statement is questionable. And lemon juice itself can be an irritant.
- Compresses with a decoction of oak bark, calendula, lemon balm, mint, parsley, chamomile, yarrow, celandine, string or sage.
- Baths with the same herbs, just instead of 1-2 tbsp. l. raw materials and a glass of boiling water for brewing, you will need 5 times more of both.
- Fatty vegetable oils - olive, cocoa, coconut. Some people add 2-3 drops of essential oils of lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus, rosewood or tea tree to them, but this is a risky decision. Aromatic oils not only do not always relieve irritation, but they themselves often provoke it.
How to do depilation correctly?
There is no single rule that says: "hairs on the face are removed only with cream, on the legs - with shugaring!" Everything is decided by personal preferences, although certain guidelines can still be set.
For example, it is believed that it is undesirable to choose a cream for facial treatment. Often, it has an overly aggressive formula and is stuffed with chemicals that can easily provide irritation above the lip or on the chin after depilation.
Legs and hands have a rougher skin, so they can endure encounters with cream, wax and sugar. However, there is also an "Achilles' heel" here: the upper part of the thighs, which requires delicate handling, is no less than the face. Most often, irritation after depilation of the legs manifests itself in this area.
For the treatment of the sensitive bikini area, phyto resin is the best choice. Usually it acts softer than wax, although by and large in this case it is worth paying attention not so much to the method of removing hairs, but to the long-term effect: the less often you have to repeat the procedure, the lower the chances will be to face the need to relieve irritation after intimate depilation.
Also, always try:
- choose funds from manufacturers with a good reputation, without chasing cheap fly-by-night brands;
- check the expiration date and throw out a cosmetic product that has expired without any pity;
- test the selected product on a small area of the body before use;
- carefully read the instructions and follow them;
- do not prescribe a depilation procedure if there is a lack of time, if you need to run somewhere, do it another time, but do not do hair removal in a hurry.
Note! If you have never dealt with wax and sugar, visit a beauty salon for the first time and watch the actions of the master. So you can in practice learn how to apply the paste correctly, how to remove it and how to relieve irritation after depilation.
And in order not to look in the home medicine cabinet, than to anoint irritation after depilation, carefully prepare the skin before it.
It is easy to do this:
- Scrub the desired areas of the body to remove dead skin particles and lift the hairs. This must be done a day before the intended hair removal, so the skin will have time to calm down after contact with abrasive particles.
- Take a hot shower immediately before the procedure, but then be sure to wipe yourself dry with a towel. In addition to hygiene considerations, it is necessary to reduce the sensitivity of the skin and facilitate the removal of hairs.
- Use an antibacterial agent. There is always a risk of introducing an infection to the hair follicle, so it is better to be ahead of the curve.
Important! It makes sense for women with a low pain threshold to take a pain reliever if it is decided to cope with excess hairs with tweezers, wax or sugar - in a word, any painful type of depilation.
Then proceed in accordance with the chosen depilation method.
- Buy a quality shaving foam and lotion designed for sensitive skin after shaving. Even this elementary step can prevent the appearance of irritation after depilation of intimate areas or armpits, which so often react sharply to shaving.
- Follow the growth of your hair, not against it.
- Make sure your razor stays perfectly sharp.
Wax, sugar and phyto-resin:
- Do not strive to warm up the paste as much as possible, get burns along with the irritation after depilation with wax - a dubious pleasure.
- Apply the paste to the skin against hair growth. This will lift them up and make them more firmly bogged down in the sticky mass.
- But it is better to tear off the glued strips according to the growth of the hairs.
- Keep it on your skin for as long as prescribed in the instructions. A chemical burn is an unpleasant thing.
- Apply the cream as the hair grows and brush in the opposite direction.
Skin care rules after depilation
If you have done thorough preparation and followed the instructions diligently, consider that you have completed 2/3 of your task. It remains not to spoil the final stage.
How to avoid skin problems after hair removal:
- Wipe the treated area with an antiseptic again, and as soon as it dries, use a special remedy for irritation after depilation. It is important to choose an alcohol-free antiseptic that dries out the epidermis, so Chlorhexidine or peroxide is great.
- Eliminate any harsh effects on the skin. In particular, avoid wearing heavy synthetic underwear to avoid irritation after depilating your bikini, and avoid wearing too tight stockings after removing excess hair from your legs.
- Scrub again 3-5 days after the procedure to prevent ingrown hairs.
Note! Most masters advise to adhere to the “6:36:48” rule - do not wash for 6 hours after depilation, do not use deodorant for 36 hours, do not sunbathe, do not go for a massage, and do not visit the spa for 48 hours.
How to get rid of irritation after depilation - watch the video:
Now you know what to do with post-wax irritation. Hopefully, from now on it will cease to be a problem for you, most importantly, do not forget to take care of your skin with love. She can be truly attractive, gentle and smooth only by staying healthy - this is exactly the condition you must provide for her.