The causes of inflamed acne and methods of dealing with them. Folk recipes, salon procedures, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. Measures to prevent inflammation.
Inflamed pimples are pronounced reddish-purple bumps under the skin, in the depths of which there is a cavity with pus. Sometimes they ripen and break through quickly, sometimes they remain on the face for many days in a row, but in any case they cause trouble with their appearance. However, it is possible and necessary to fight acne, especially since there are plenty of means and methods for this.
Causes of Inflamed Acne
In the photo, an inflamed pimple
Inflamed acne on the face appears at the moment when the time, during which the sebum produced by the sebaceous gland is released onto the surface of the skin, clogs and turns into a storehouse for sebum, epithelial flakes and dust particles that enter from the outside. All this becomes an excellent habitat for pathogenic bacteria that quickly cause inflammation - as a result, an abscess-pustule with a white head swells at the site of the pore, and the tissues around it acquire an unhealthy bright shade, forming a pimple.
Inflamed subcutaneous pimples-papules, which look like red painful tubercles, are no less troublesome, but they are in no hurry to break through. Their danger lies in the ability of deep-seated acne to spread inflammation to adjacent areas of the skin and give rise to whole colonies of acne, merging with each other and developing into cystic and phlegmonous accumulations, where blood can mix with pus. It all looks very unpleasant.
Fortunately, there is a different treatment for each type of acne. It is only important not to trigger the situation and, if possible, determine what triggered it.
Common causes of inflamed acne:
- hormonal disbalance;
- metabolic disorder;
- taking certain medications;
- diseases, both skin and internal organs;
- not serious enough about hygiene;
- bad habits, among which the most common are smoking and alcohol abuse;
- malnutrition with a predominance of fatty, smoked, fried, spicy foods and sugar in all its manifestations from baking to soda;
- low quality cosmetics;
- mechanical damage to tissues with the introduction of infection - for example, an attempt to unsuccessfully squeeze out one pimple can lead to the appearance of a whole series of new ones;
- an allergic reaction to food or cosmetics;
- severe stress.
Note! Some people have a genetic predisposition to the appearance of purulent, inflamed acne: for example, they naturally have enlarged pores in which grease and dirt tend to accumulate, or an increased activity of the sebaceous glands.
How to get rid of an inflamed pimple?
Removal of phlegmous accumulations can only be entrusted to a doctor or a cosmetologist with a medical education, taking on the job yourself, you will only aggravate the situation. But if your mood is darkened by only a couple of red inflamed acne, there is every chance to deal with them without assistance. You just need to find the right method.
Squeezing out an inflamed pimple
We'll warn you right away that beauticians consider squeezing out inflamed acne absolutely unacceptable. The risk of injuring healthy tissue and provoking the spread of suppuration instead of stopping it is too great.
Therefore, we remember once and for all: you can squeeze out black dots and white matured acne without inflammation, the "violent" removal of all other types of acne is strictly taboo. Even getting rid of seemingly harmless milia balls (miliums) should be entrusted to a professional.
If you still decide to squeeze:
- Wash your face and hands thoroughly.
- Disinfect the pimple and fingers with an antiseptic.
- Start extruding from the root, not the head.
- Do this until all the pus comes out of the wound and the ichor appears.
- Use a cotton swab to remove the discharge, then rub the pimple mark again with an antiseptic.
Folk recipes for inflamed acne
Traditional medicine will always tell you how to remove an inflamed pimple, but you should follow its advice with caution. Too often, homebrew healers suggest using harsh treatments that can aggravate skin irritation, so be mindful of these tips, but practice wisely.
How to anoint an inflamed pimple:
- Lemon juice… From time to time, moisten a cotton swab with yellow fruit juice and run it over the red area around the pimple, being careful not to touch the head. By the way, you can use any other citrus instead of lemon.
- Garlic juice… Pass 2-3 cloves of garlic through a press, put the gruel in cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice. During the day, lubricate the inflamed pimple with the resulting drug several times, and after 15 minutes, rinse off the juice and treat the skin with cream.
- Apple vinegar… The recipe is the same: several times a day, treat the inflamed skin area with a cotton swab dipped in apple cider vinegar, and after 10-15 minutes wash your face. For dry skin, it is better to mix vinegar in equal parts with water.
Note! To relieve redness and irritation, it is helpful to wipe your skin with an ice cube wrapped in a tissue. It is even more useful to cook ice from decoctions of St. John's wort, chamomile and other herbs.
What to use as a compress or mask for sore acne:
- Green tea or mint… Brew the bag in the usual way, let it brew, soak a cotton pad in the infuser and apply it to the inflamed area.
- Honey and apple… Combine 1 tsp. honey with the same amount of grated sour apple and apply a mask on the inflamed skin. You can use cinnamon instead of an apple.
- Grated garlic… If rubbing with the juice of a spicy plant does not bring the expected result, grease the pimple with olive oil, put freshly grated gruel from 1 clove of garlic on a cotton pad and fix it on your face.
- Blue, pink or white clay… Dilute 1 tsp. clay powder with water or milk until the consistency of sour cream, lubricate the inflamed area and leave to dry. It is better to use the mask to eliminate inflamed internal acne and red marks after acne, on whiteheads that are about to break through, it is better not to apply it.
- Tar soap… Just rub it over the pimple with each wash and leave the soapy layer on the problem area for a few minutes.
- Yeast… 1 tsp dry yeast, dilute 2 tsp. warm milk, add a drop of honey, stir, and the mask is ready.
The duration of each mask should not exceed 20 minutes. After cleansing the skin, lubricate it with antibacterial ointment.
What recipes to watch out for:
- With salt… There is a version that even the largest inflamed pimple, be it external or internal, easily removes the sea salt compress, fixed on the skin for an hour. Salt really has an antimicrobial effect, dries acne and relieves swelling, but it cannot be kept on the face for a long time.
- With alcohol… It is very convenient for them to cauterize acne, but in this case you will not be immune from dry ugly crusts and red spots.
Note! Before using this or that folk remedy for inflamed acne, test its effect on the skin of the wrist to make sure that the drug does not provoke an allergy attack.
Cosmetic products for inflamed acne
In the photo, a gel-foam for washing Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser from Cosrx from inflamed acne at a price of 900-1000 rubles.
Good cosmetics for acne always attack skin imperfections on several fronts: they relieve inflammation, regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands, lighten acne marks, and the best ones also protect against ultraviolet radiation and nourish the skin with healing substances. Fortunately, there are many decent creams, ointments and masks on the beauty market today that will help both get rid of an inflamed pimple and prevent the appearance of new ones.
Effective cosmetics for acne:
- Alginate mask Anti-acne from Spivak (Russia)… A mask containing spirulina and a healing trio of essential oils of bergamot, grapefruit and tea tree, soothes and tones the skin, brightens pigmented areas, has an antibacterial effect, and fights acne. It costs 160-170 rubles. for 40 g.
- Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser from Cosrx (South Korea)… Natural BHA acids relieve inflammation, act as a peeling and accelerate regeneration, tea tree oil has a beneficial effect on the sebaceous glands and resists bacteria. The price for 150 ml of the product is 900-1000 rubles.
- Micellar water Effaclar Ultra from La Roche-Posay (France)… It does not differ in its natural composition, but it has an antibacterial effect on inflamed skin, cleanses, moisturizes, relieves irritation and mattifies. It costs 800-1200 rubles. for 200 ml.
- Serum for fighting acne Acence Blemish Spot Solution Serum from Mizon (South Korea)… It is applied topically to treat sore pimples on the forehead, cheeks, chin and other exposed areas of the face and neck. Stops inflammation, reduces redness, relieves swelling. Contains extracts of Chinese lemon, lemongrass, ivy and pine. It costs 700-1300 rubles. for 30 ml.
- Spot day Anti-Acne Day Spot Treatment Gel from SeaCare (Israel)… Contains plant stem cells that are involved in skin regeneration, reduce the degree of redness of the inflamed areas and reduce the inflammation itself. It also contains witch hazel, which has antibacterial properties. The cost of the gel is about 3700 rubles. for 30 ml.
Tip: Some brands produce whole lines of complementary products for problem skin. If you are worried about how to remove an inflamed pimple quickly, try to find just such a line with a gel for washing, mask, lotion, etc. The effect of their use will appear sooner.
Pharmacy preparations for inflamed acne
Photo of Ichthyol ointment from inflamed acne at a price of 55 rubles.
The doctor should prescribe pharmaceuticals, so here we will not dwell on them for a long time, but simply list the most popular pharmacy ointments for inflamed acne. If you decide to purchase one of these, take the time to consult a specialist, so your skin will get the most out of the treatment.
Pharmaceutical acne remedies:
- Salicylic acid as an ointment or solution… Dotted on inflamed areas, it helps against a variety of dermatological problems, including acne. A tube with a volume of 25 g costs 30-40 rubles, a bottle of solution of 40 ml - 20 rubles.
- Levomekol… Cleans wounds from pus, heals, relieves swelling, inflammation and redness. Costs from 110 rubles. for 40 ml.
- Vishnevsky ointment and Ichthyol ointment… If you don't know what to do with an inflamed pimple, take one of the antibacterial ointments that have been faithfully serving people for decades in cleansing and healing wounds. Both the one and the other cope with their task "with a bang." They cost 31 and 55 rubles. for 40 mg, respectively.
- Synthomycin… It has a broad spectrum of action, promotes wound healing and effectively protects against germs, which makes it suitable for removing acne. It costs 75 rubles. for 25 g.
- Chlorhexidine in the form of a solution, spray, gel… It has a powerful antiseptic effect, reduces inflammation and prevents the appearance of new acne. Costs from 40 rubles. for 100 ml of solution.
- Miramistin… In terms of its effect on skin rashes, it has similar characteristics to Chlorhexidine, but differs in price - 200-300 rubles. for 100 ml.
- Hydrogen peroxide… You should not get carried away with it, since peroxide will dry out not only acne, but also healthy skin, but as a temporary remedy it can be used, diluting it in half with water. Costs from 8 rubles. for 10 ml.
- Iodine… It dries pimples well and destroys harmful organisms, but leaves brown spots, and sometimes pronounced peeling, so it is not always convenient for them to treat, say, inflamed pimples on the cheeks or acne on the tip of the nose. It costs 30 rubles. for 100 ml.
- Chlorophyllipt… Natural remedy based on eucalyptus suppresses inflammation and stimulates skin regeneration. Costs 135 rubles. for 50 ml.
- Gel Curiosin… Stops inflammation, accelerates tissue repair, slows down the production of sebum. It costs 580 rubles. for 15 g.
- Baziron… Regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, relieves pain, exfoliates. It costs 700-800 rubles. for 40 g.
- Tincture of calendula… It is produced with alcohol, which is considered an unsuitable company for the skin, but it does everything that is required - it disinfects, dries, and stimulates regeneration. If you are not going to get too carried away with the tincture, it makes sense to experience its effect. It costs from 20 to 80 rubles. for 25 g.
Cosmetological procedures for inflamed acne
When acne continues to pop up on the face, regardless of the measures taken, it is time to resort to radical methods of struggle by contacting a beauty salon.
Treatments to remove acne:
- Chemical peeling… It involves the treatment of cleansed skin with special acid-based products that destroy the upper layer of the epidermis, revealing a new, firmer and smoother one. The approach to the procedure in different clinics has distinctive features, but with a large number of inflamed acne, peeling may be refused. The required number of sessions is from 2 to 5. The cost of the procedure is 2000-3000 rubles.
- Mesotherapy and electrophoresis… The purpose of both methods is to inject formulations into the facial tissues that should enhance capillary blood circulation, cleanse pores and relieve inflammation. The difference lies in the method of delivery: mesotherapy does this using microinjections, electrophoresis - through weak discharges of electric current. The required number of mesotherapy sessions is 4-6. The average cost of the procedure is from 700 rubles. up to several thousand. An electrophoresis session is cheaper (from 400 rubles), but visible changes require 8-12 procedures.
- Ozone therapy… Another method based on injections, but this time - on an ozone-oxygen mixture, which destroys pathogenic bacteria, relieves swelling and redness, and stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin. The number of sessions is determined individually. The cost of one procedure varies between 350 and 2000 rubles.
Note! Among the salon methods for removing acne, you can find many more interesting options - grinding, cleaning the surface of the skin; vacuum massage that improves cellular metabolism; Elos treatment using radio frequency and light and other techniques. Some of them can be used on inflamed pimples, others not. Which method will be the most effective and useful in your case, you will have to decide together with the beautician.
Preventing Inflammatory Acne
In order not to find inflamed pimples somewhere on your cheekbones or nose in one not at all beautiful morning, take counter-measures! This business is troublesome and a little tedious, but the result is worth it.
How to prevent the appearance of inflammation on the face:
- eat healthy foods;
- lead an active lifestyle to maintain your metabolism;
- take vitamins;
- take regular skin care;
- do a weekly face scrub;
- do not squeeze pimples yourself;
- start using antibacterial ointments and recipes for a folk medicine cabinet at the first hint of an inflamed acne, do not start the situation:
- select high-quality cosmetics that meet the needs of your skin;
- if necessary, get tested and identify hidden health problems.
How to remove an inflamed pimple - watch the video:
And remember, the more conscientiously you approach the solution of the problem, the sooner you will forget about the inflamed pimples on the chin, forehead and other places that are not at all intended for them.