What are the benefits of a milk mask for the face, possible contraindications. Proven and reliable recipes for preserving youth and beauty, application features, real reviews.
Milk face mask is a simple and effective skin care product containing a lot of beneficial substances. Using this product as a base, supplementing with various ingredients, you can heal the skin, restore their beauty, and prolong youth.
Useful properties of a milk mask for the face
Pictured is a milk mask for the face
Surely many of you have heard about how Queen Cleopatra herself took baths from milk. According to Hippocrates, the famous beauty used a product from 700 donkeys. Even then, centuries ago, it was known that milk has many benefits. True, the benefit depends on which animal it is obtained from.
But in general, any milk has the following properties:
- Stimulating the regeneration of skin cells;
- Delicate but effective cleansing of the epidermis from the upper stratum corneum;
- Moisturizing and nourishing integuments, which, in response, restore their natural elasticity, combined with tenderness.
Milk face mask is truly miraculous, due to the fact that this natural product contains a lot of saturated fatty acids - linoleic and myristic, linolenic and oleic, as well as palmitic. It also contains different proteins - whey and caseins, each type is valuable and useful in its own way.
In addition to a variety of fats and proteins, milk contains a lot of vitamins and minerals - selenium and chromium, iron and fluorine, potassium and sodium, silicon and phosphorus, sulfur and cobalt, iodine and zinc. Of course, the product heals and nourishes, getting inside the body through the digestive system. But the skin no less favorably perceives masks with such an ingredient, taking maximum benefit from it.
Useful components in the composition of milk masks for the face:
- Retinol or vitamin A in the composition helps to activate the production of collagen and elastin. Once in the dermis, it returns firmness and elasticity to the skin.
- Thiamin or vitamin B1 preserves youthfulness of the skin, helps in a speedy recovery from its various diseases.
- Riboflavin or vitamin B2 saturates cells with oxygen. As a result, the metabolism is accelerated, toxins are better eliminated, the skin as a whole is fresher and younger.
- Cobalamin or vitamin B12 triggers regeneration processes. The epithelium is actively renewed, therefore, the outer covers are leveled, their natural healthy color returns to them.
- Cholecalciferol or Vitamin D helps to tone the skin. Thanks to this, it is possible to delay aging.
- Ascorbic acid or vitamin C helps to heal wounds, relieve inflammation. It helps to eliminate acne, strengthens blood vessels, and activates collagen production.
Although traditionally masks are made based on cow's milk, it is not necessary to be limited only to them. Products from other mammals are also used. For example, goat is fatter, and therefore more valuable. In addition, it is believed that it even better promotes the healing of wounds, cracks, pimples.
Moose milk is very useful, but it is very rare. It's almost impossible to find it.
It was not just that the legendary Cleopatra preferred donkeys. Their milk contains ceramides and phospholipids, as well as proteins that help restore active collagen production. Therefore, in cosmetology, the product is incredibly appreciated for helping in rejuvenation.
Although masks with milk for the skin can and should be done not only when the epidermis is fading or to prevent early aging.The procedures will help in the fight against many cosmetic defects, not just age-related changes.
Why are milk masks useful for the face:
- This is an effective aid in the restoration of covers that have suffered from wind, frost, and sunlight.
- Milk masks perfectly support and revitalize dry skin.
- Activities are indicated when there are areas of peeling on the face.
- After a course of procedures, you can get rid of blackheads, oily sheen, and reduce enlarged pores.
Naturally, you shouldn't expect instant results. The effect depends on how serious the skin problem is.
Note! You can use both fresh and sour milk in face masks. Fresh curdled milk is an excellent base for a homemade cosmetic product.
Contraindications and harm of face masks from milk
Before making masks with milk for wrinkles and other messengers of aging, you should make sure that they will not be harmful. First of all, this implies a strict account of contraindications. Although when using milk externally, they are minimized.
The most important contraindication to the use of milk-based face masks is associated with lactose allergy. In this case, the agent is not recommended for use even in a minimal amount, and there is no need to take risks, since lactose easily penetrates through the skin into the circulatory system.
In addition, before using a mask with milk for the face, it is important to exclude the possibility of an allergic reaction in general to the product, since it contains additional ingredients in its composition. To do this, apply a little of the substance to the elbow or wrist and leave for 20 minutes. After the indicated time, evaluate the skin reaction. If there are no undesirable manifestations, for example, redness, rashes, itching, feel free to use the product as directed.
But with severe inflammation, serious damage, trauma to the skin, it is better not to experiment. Although milk promotes healing, infection can be trivial. The same goes for the presence of dermatitis, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
Milk face mask recipes
Before making a face mask with the addition of milk, it is worth deciding on the purpose of using the product, namely, to think about what the skin needs, to choose a composition with the appropriate action. Further, the most effective recipes for homemade masks.
Universal milk face masks
If there are no pronounced skin problems, a broad-spectrum composition can be used. After all, the epidermis constantly endures aggressive influences - from contact with tap water, from the sun and wind, from stress. Therefore, feeding, moisturizing, activation of cell regeneration will not harm anyone.
The most popular recipes for universal face masks with milk:
- On honey… Mixing 1 teaspoon of fat milk or yogurt with the same amount of honey, add oats, ground into flour, to the ingredients. The product can be applied to the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- With cottage cheese and carrots… It is necessary to take in equal parts fresh fat milk, cottage cheese, freshly squeezed carrot juice, olive oil. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed until smooth. This mask is kept for 20 minutes.
Soothing Milk Face Masks
If there is inflammation on the skin, it is necessary to select additional components that will help eliminate it. The main thing, before making a milk mask, is to find a composition that will not cause allergies or irritation.
Several recipes for soothing milk face masks:
- With chamomile infusion… In equal proportions, combine a ready-made decoction of chamomile flowers (can be replaced with linden) and milk. The tool can cope with irritation, redness of the skin, and remove the rash.
- Multicomponent on goat milk… If you have problems with rashes, redness, you should tinker with this recipe. First, the milk is fermented by adding 1 tsp.citric acid (1/4 cup). Next, you need to drain the serum by hanging the clot in a gauze bag. After 20 minutes add 2-3 tbsp. l. cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. l. glycerin. After mixing everything until smooth, they begin to apply. The goat milk face mask is also nourishing, so it is also made in order to compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals.
Milk nourishing face masks
First of all, such masks are necessary for women over the age of 40. But they may be needed earlier, because under the influence of numerous destructive factors, the skin loses valuable elements earlier, starting to fade prematurely.
Popular masks for skin nourishment:
- Banana and milk mask… At 4 st. l. 1/2 of the fruit is sufficient. First, the banana is mashed, and then the milk is gradually added, stirring. When you get a homogeneous mass, you can start applying. Such a composition will not harm, even if you keep it for up to half an hour.
- With cottage cheese and salt… It is necessary to take milk and cottage cheese in equal shares, add two parts of fatty sour cream to them. For 1 tablespoon of milk, you will need another 1 tsp. table salt. Now grind the ingredients to make a homogeneous mass. It is applied and kept for up to 20 minutes.
Cleansing Facial Milk Masks
If there are blackheads on your face, a black mask with milk will help get rid of them. Plus, it also saturates the cells with collagen, as it contains gelatin. For its preparation, the following components are needed: activated carbon, gelatin, milk.
To make a charcoal and milk mask, first grind one activated charcoal tablet into powder. Add 20 g of warm milk to it, dissolving 1 tbsp. l. gelatin. All ingredients are mixed until smooth and the composition is applied while it is warm.
A mask of activated carbon and milk is left on the face for up to half an hour. During this time, it is seized by a film, which then remains to be gently pry off and removed.
For oily skin, an oatmeal and milk mask is perfect. To do this, combine the following components: 3 tbsp. l. milk, 0.5 tsp. salt, 2 d. l. cream, 2 d. l. crushed oatmeal. The ingredients are mixed, spread in an even layer on a piece of gauze. Then it is kept on the face for up to 20 minutes.
Rejuvenating milk face masks
If there are signs of aging, there is a special anti-aging recipe to be found. A mask with starch in milk is perfect. For its preparation, take the following components:
- 1 tbsp. l. whole milk, warmed up to body temperature;
- 1 tbsp. l. liquid honey;
- 1 tbsp. l. starch;
- 1/2 tsp table salt.
All components are mixed in turn, brought to homogeneity. Such a composition is applied not only to the face, but also to the area under the chin, neckline, and hands.
A face mask made from milk and rice crushed into flour will nourish and moisturize skin that has begun to fade. The ingredients are combined "by eye" to obtain a mass that resembles thick sour cream. If the skin is already very dry, then another 1-2 tsp is introduced into the composition. olive oil.
Rules for the use of milk masks for the face
Although many girls notice an immediate effect after the very first procedure, according to reviews, milk masks give a result if they are done in a course. After assessing the condition of the skin, the measures are repeated 2-3 times a week, when it is a preventive complex. With pronounced problems, procedures are done more often, even every day.
The duration of the course is from 4 to 8 weeks. Thanks to the cumulative effect, the epidermis will be reborn: the skin will become soft, it will acquire a natural healthy shade.
It is very important to use high quality milk without any extraneous additives (preservatives, dyes). It's good when there is an opportunity to make masks from a home product. Only if the girl knows for sure that the animal is absolutely healthy, and they milk it in hygienically clean conditions!
A glass or plastic container is required to prepare the mask. If the container is metallic, the food may react with the metal.
It is not always possible to achieve the desired consistency the first time. If you need to thicken the mask, you can add a little starch, flour or the pulp of black bread. Sometimes the mixture has to be diluted. Then it is permissible to add not only milk, but also pure water.
Since milk is a perishable product, it is better to make a composition on the basis that it will be consumed completely at one time. If any excess remains, do not store it in the refrigerator. You will have to spend valuable mass on other parts of the body. After all, the mask will be useful for the neckline or hands.
The maximum effect will be achieved if the skin is preliminarily prepared for the procedure. Therefore, they act according to the following algorithm:
- Wash off makeup, cleanse the face.
- A light peeling is performed: after removing dead skin particles, they open the way for deep penetration of valuable substances into the dermis.
- A quick and gentle massage is done: it is enough to walk several times along all massage lines.
- Slightly steam the face over the decoction of herbs. Chamomile is very useful for such a preparatory stage.
- Apply the actual mask with milk. In order not to harm, it is better to keep the product for up to 20 minutes. Although some recipes allow for longer use.
- At the end, the product is removed with a cotton pad, and then the face is rinsed. It is good to first pour it over with warm and then cold water.
Milk-based masks usually do not have any discomfort. Only a few formulations cause the skin to feel tight. If there is a burning sensation, itching, it is necessary to remove the remedy without waiting until the time allotted for the procedure has expired.
Cosmetologists advise to apply a cream to the skin immediately after the mask - with a nutritious composition or a moisturizing effect. It will help to consolidate the result and protect delicate cells from the destructive effects of the environment.
Alternatively, sour cream or cream is not worn on the face. Naturally, provided that the girl is not going to do makeup further.
Real Reviews of Milk Face Masks
No matter how wonderful the recipe is, there are different reviews about milk masks. It is better to learn about the experience of using such a tool so as not to be disappointed. Although it should be understood that negative responses are often caused by the expectation of an instant result or by the wrong selection of the composition without taking into account all the specifics of the state of one's own face. Therefore, it never hurts to consult a cosmetologist or dermatologist, who will accurately assess the condition of the skin and give a recommendation on which mask is best to use.
Veronica, 36 years old
Periodically I make a mask for cleansing and moisturizing with honey and cucumber. I like the effect. Firstly, purely by sensations - such freshness, lightness appears. Secondly, and visually maintains beauty. The complexion returns to a healthy, skin smoothed.
Valeria, 41 years old
For a long time it was possible to maintain smooth skin, and at 40 suddenly the condition changed dramatically. There was a distinct feeling of wilting. I read different advice, decided not to go to extremes, not to choose radical measures. Drew recipes for masks with milk. And useful, and no complications. I choose nutritious recipes for myself, because obviously the skin requires "feeding". I did a course of masks with milk and honey for the face, very interesting with bread. It's hard to say which is better. In general, I am generally satisfied, it really works, I feel that the skin is gaining strength from the masks, and is visibly noticeable.
Marina, 27 years old
My mother always uses homemade tools all her life, and no one gives her her years. So I accustom myself to the same. Now I began to use milk. I liked the milk and honey tonic to cleanse the skin. I use it regularly. I also make a mask with honey and lemon juice.So it seems that there are no problems with the skin yet, but the color in urban conditions and from a busy schedule dims. Helps to recover.
How to make a milk face mask - watch the video:
Although milk face masks are very attractive in reviews, this does not negate the need for an overall healthy lifestyle. It is important to get enough sleep, to support the body with physical activity, good nutrition. Then any cosmetics will be effective.