Useful properties and harm of dates for weight loss. Recipes for delicious dried fruit dishes. Weight loss results and real reviews.
Dates for weight loss are one of the most controversial, but at the same time effective products for getting rid of extra pounds. Dried fruits are very useful not only in terms of normalizing body weight, but also for the whole organism.
Can you eat dates while losing weight?
Most losing weight believe that dates are a taboo product on any diet. On the one hand, they are actually quite high in calories and contain a lot of sugar. However, there are certain positive aspects to this.
It is important to consider the calorie content of dates when losing weight. 100 g of the product contains 280 kcal, of which
- Proteins - 2 g;
- Fat - 0 g;
- Carbohydrates - 72 g.
From carbohydrates, these dried fruits contain glucose and fructose. Fructose is absorbed and broken down in our body much easier than glucose and sucrose. Due to this, dates are considered a very satisfying product that quickly satisfies the feeling of hunger. It can be consumed either during the day to reduce appetite before meals, or no more than 2 times in the morning instead of main meals.
In order to understand for sure whether it is possible to eat dates while losing weight, you need to determine your type of metabolism. There is a fast and slow metabolism. With the slow type, people usually prefer to eat rich meat dishes and eat something sweet for dessert. They are not fans of fresh vegetables and fruits. Moreover, if they allow themselves an extra slice of cake for the night, this will not affect their weight in any way. If those with a slow metabolism allow themselves sweet high-calorie desserts once a week, extra pounds will be added, but very slowly.
Rapid metabolism is characterized by several other characteristics of weight gain. The body weight of such people depends on the slightest changes in the diet. They can easily sit on various diets, eat vegetable salads, fresh fruits, not particularly preferring meat products. But they are almost constantly hungry and eat small meals throughout the day. It is much easier for them to lose weight. However, it is for people with a fast metabolism that it is undesirable to eat dates while losing weight. The only successful combination is dried fruits along with slow carbohydrates, for example, with porridge or bread.
All losing weight are interested in how many dates can be used for weight loss. It is advisable to eat no more than 15 dried fruits per day. In this case, they must be divided into several portions.
It is best to consume 3-4 parts of dates for weight loss per day. They are recommended to be eaten before breakfast, lunch and dinner to reduce appetite and eat a smaller portion of the main course. Also, if an intolerable feeling of hunger torments during the day, you can satisfy it with a couple of dates.
Useful properties of dates
The benefits of dates for weight loss are very great. They not only suppress hunger, but also have a positive effect on the body. Dried fruits contain many vitamins and minerals.
The useful properties of dates are as follows:
- Accelerate the breakdown of carbohydrates… When dates are consumed, all carbohydrates that enter the body with other foods begin to ferment faster. There is an acceleration of metabolism, due to which excess fat deposits will begin to go away faster.
- Powerful source of energy… Due to their caloric content and a fairly high glycemic index (150), dates release a large amount of energy when digesting and breaking down the carbohydrates they contain.Thanks to this, a losing weight person will not feel tired, even if he eats less than usual.
- Improves the work of the heart and blood vessels… This effect is achieved due to the high content of calcium, magnesium and potassium in dates. Thanks to these elements, the heart works more rhythmically, and the blood does not stagnate in the vessels. In addition, the body is better saturated with oxygen, because dates contain iron.
- Strengthen the body's immune forces… The protection against pathogens is slightly increased when dates are consumed, because they contain ascorbic acid, which stimulates the immune system.
- Helps Relieve Stress… Dates improve mood, relieve irritability and nervousness. This is due to magnesium and vitamin B6., which are contained in these dried fruits and have a calming effect on the body.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer… This effect is achieved thanks to such elements in the composition of dates as calcium, pectin, selenium and ascorbic acid.
- Strengthens the skeletal system and teeth… Fluorine and calcium are responsible for this. They prevent tooth decay in people who are losing weight and also make bones stronger. This is especially important because these nutrients are often deficient during weight loss.
- Improves skin condition… Vitamins A (retinol) and E (tocopherol), which are found in rather large quantities in fruits, help in this.
The main benefit of dates for weight loss for women is that they are an excellent alternative to any sweets. If you eat them daily in small quantities, then the desire to taste a cake or pastry is significantly reduced. At the same time, the use of dates fully covers the body's daily need for carbohydrates.
Contraindications and harm of dates
The balance of benefits and harms of dates when losing weight prevails towards benefits. However, this product can also have a negative effect on the body.
The harm of dates when losing weight is that this product is a potential allergen. If you have never tried them before, be very careful before using them for the first time and start with a small amount to avoid a possible allergic reaction.
In addition, dates are high in carbohydrates. They significantly affect blood sugar levels. This is undesirable for those people who have diabetes mellitus or impaired glucose tolerance.
It is also undesirable to eat dates if a person is taking any medications. It is not known what the reaction might be when they are combined. In such a case, it is imperative to consult a doctor.
Eating dates when losing weight is contraindicated in the following cases
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Individual intolerance to dates;
- Disaccharidase deficiency (deficiency of enzymes that break down carbohydrates).
See also the list of prohibited foods on the Malysheva diet.
Weight loss recipes with dates
Dates can be eaten neat to satisfy hunger, or you can cook various dietary delicacies with them that will make losing weight more delicious and interesting.
Recipes for some dishes with dried fruits:
- Walnut-date salad… Select pits from 15 dates and chop them into small pieces. After that, peel any nuts (almonds, pine nuts or hazelnuts) from the shell and crush them. Then put 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger root and 1 tbsp. l. honey. Stir all components well, and then grind with a meat grinder or blender. You will get a pasta-like dish. It can be eaten in its pure form, or it can be spread on bread.
- Date carrot salad… Peel 2 carrots and chop them with a grater. Then take a few dates, remove seeds from them and cut into small pieces.Mix the ingredients and add 1 tsp to them. olive oil or honey. Prepared salad perfectly cleanses the digestive tract and is just a storehouse of vitamins for the body.
- Oatmeal with dates… Mix a glass of oatmeal flakes with flax flour or flax seeds. Pour all this into 500 ml of milk and place in a saucepan on the stove. Cook the flakes for 10 minutes, stirring them regularly. After this time, free the dates from the seeds, cut them and add to the porridge. Once it's done, you can add finely chopped peanuts or some honey. This porridge is a very satisfying breakfast.
- Date compote… Peel and chop 15 dates, add equal amounts of raisins, cranberries, prunes and apricots to them. At the same time, instead of cranberries, you can use lemon, and instead of apricots - dried apricots. Pour all dried fruits with 3 liters of water and boil. After that, leave it to infuse for half an hour. Cooked compote can be drunk between meals, which reduces appetite, as well as before meals and at night.
- Sweet date salad… Peel and chop 5 dates. Then boil 1 beet and chop it into cubes. Then peel and grate 1 carrot. After that, crumble a nut (any of your choice) and cut 1 apple into small pieces. Mix all ingredients and season with 1/2 tbsp. l. sour cream. For a sweeter and richer taste, add 1/2 tsp. honey and a pinch of cinnamon to taste.
- Date balls… Grind 100 g of peanuts or almonds and fry them lightly. Then wash, free from seeds and chop dates, prunes and dried apricots (100 g each dried fruit). After that, beat well the protein of 1 chicken egg. Mix all components together with 2 tsp. baking powder for the dough. Form balls from the resulting mass and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
See also TOP 5 extreme diets.
The results of using dates for weight loss
From many losing weight, you can hear completely contradictory reviews about calorie content and the use of dates for weight loss. They are alarmed by the high energy value of the product. However, the weight loss results are really impressive.
It all depends on how exactly to use dried fruits:
- If you adhere to the date-milk diet, then during the week you can eat only dried fruits, washed down with milk or kefir. Moreover, it is allowed to eat no more than 25 pieces per day. This is a diet in which you can get rid of at least 5 kg in a week. However, with it, a significant mineral and vitamin deficiency develops.
- For 10 days, you need to eat dates, apples, green tea and drinking water. But additional foods are allowed to start eating only from the 5th day of the diet. The diet is heavy and strict, but it allows you to lose 7 kg or more.
If you just eat dates every day in pure form or as part of dietary meals, on average, you can lose 3-4 kg per week.
Real reviews of dates for weight loss
Even though dates are considered a direct source of fast carbs, they do help you lose weight. These dried fruits help to cope with the cravings for sweets. Reviews of dates for weight loss are often positive.
Olga, 28 years old
For a long time I tried to put my figure in order. I tried various exhausting diets, worked out in the gym. Yes, the weight, however, went away, but then very quickly returned with a surplus. I decided to try to eat dates before meals at least 3 times a day, because I love them very much. I tried to eat no more than 5 pieces at a time. I have been eating like this for 2 weeks. My appetite dropped by almost half compared to my usual one, and 6 kg went on the scales. I am pleased!
Anastasia, 33 years old
I have never had any particular problems with being overweight, but as a result of constant office work over the past 2 years, I have noticeably increased. I didn't want to limit myself too much in food, so I decided to move more and eat dates for breakfast and before dinner.I noticed that the desire to eat something sweet practically disappeared. Against the background of the fact that I went in for sports 3 times a week, in a month I lost 12 kg, which I am very pleased with.
Ksenia, 23 years old
Having tried various diets and, not having achieved the desired result, I decided to try to eat dates with kefir. I stayed in this mode for 10 days, because it is really very difficult. These days there was a constant feeling of slight weakness and fatigue, but at the same time it took 9 kg. Such a diet is very extreme, but effective.
Is it possible to eat dates while losing weight - look at the video:
Dates are very useful for weight loss. They replace the usual desserts in the diet, have a positive effect on the state of the body and accelerate metabolism. In addition, these dried fruits are delicious. The main thing is to eat them in small quantities and monitor the rest of the diet.