The benefits and harms of a beekeeping product in the fight against excess weight. Effective recipes with honey for weight loss. Results and real feedback.
Honey for weight loss is one of the most effective means of getting rid of extra pounds, which at the same time causes a lot of controversy and conflicting opinions. This product can be used both as a supplement to the main diet, and in the course of a full honey diet. In addition to helping you lose weight, a sweet treat has a positive effect on the state of the whole body.
The benefits of honey for weight loss
Honey is a unique product that has many beneficial properties. The main part of it is carbohydrates.
The calorie content of honey is quite high: there are about 300 kcal per 100 g of the product, which is almost comparable to ordinary sugar, the energy value of which is 396 kcal. However, this product is indispensable for losing weight.
The main beneficial property of honey, which helps burn excess fat faster, is the effect on hunger. The product significantly reduces appetite, due to which a losing weight person eats smaller portions at will, and there are no sudden breakdowns and overeating. The suppression of hunger occurs due to the fact that honey reduces the activity of ghrelin secretion. It is a hormone of a protein structure that regulates human food rhythms by acting on the saturation center in the brain.
In addition to the physiological decrease in appetite, honey has other beneficial properties:
- Antioxidant source… When losing weight, lipolysis occurs in the body - an active breakdown of fat molecules. As a result of this process, free radicals enter the bloodstream, which must be neutralized. This requires antioxidants, which begin to be released more actively when honey is consumed. The richest in these substances are dark varieties of honey, especially buckwheat.
- Contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals… During weight loss, nutritional deficiencies inevitably occur due to dietary restrictions. A person often becomes lethargic, he is worried about a decrease in vitality, sometimes dizziness. In this case, honey is an excellent source of vitamins B, A and PP, as well as iron, sodium, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Natural source of energy… As already mentioned, the bulk of honey is carbohydrates. When glucose is fermented, a large amount of energy is released in the body, which helps to feel more alert. But such an effect will be achievable only if honey is consumed in small quantities without overusing it.
- Low glycemic index… Foods with a low glycemic index do not increase appetite, but rather help reduce it. In honey, this figure does not exceed 70. In addition, the product, due to this property, promotes the breakdown of subcutaneous fat.
- Improves the functioning of the digestive tract… If you eat honey regularly and in small quantities, it has a positive effect on the intestines. Under its influence, digestion is noticeably improved: the problem of constipation completely disappears. This is very useful for losing weight, since regular and easy bowel movement prevents the accumulation of toxic metabolic products in the body.
- Increases the body's immune defenses… Honey is a natural immune stimulant. Thanks to its use, the body is more actively fighting pathogenic microorganisms.
- Strengthens the skeletal system and teeth… Honey contains a large amount of calcium and phosphorus. These elements are essential for teeth and bones.As a result, the product improves the body's endurance during physical exertion while losing weight.
- Stimulates the work of the circulatory system… This is very important, because all areas of the body, especially those from which extra pounds need to be removed, must be adequately supplied with blood. This will promote faster breakdown of fat molecules.
Of course, you will not be able to get a visible result after a few days of eating honey. It will take at least a week for all metabolic processes in the body to normalize.
Contraindications and harm of honey for weight loss
Honey is a very tasty and healthy product. However, in addition to being useful, it can do a lot of harm. The main principle of "sweet" weight loss is not to overdo it with a tasty treat.
It is very important to maintain the rate of honey for weight loss per day. So that the body is not oversaturated with carbohydrates, it is recommended to consume no more than 3 tsp per day. pure product. It is best to eat it in combination with other foods that have a similar effect on adipose tissue. If you do not follow the recommendations regarding the allowed daily amount, weight loss will be ineffective due to the intake of excess carbohydrates.
Also, excessive consumption of honey negatively affects the tooth enamel. Glucose can contribute to the development of tooth decay.
Remember that honey is a potential allergen. If you have not eaten it before, you must definitely conduct a sensitivity test in order to avoid possible negative consequences. Allergies can be very serious, including anaphylactic shock, which is a life-threatening condition.
If honey is eaten daily for a long period of time, addiction can develop. In this case, it will be very difficult to stop using it. To prevent this from happening, you need to take breaks in honey weight loss.
Contraindications to the use of honey are the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the product;
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Chronic pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Cardiovascular insufficiency.
Note! Before embarking on a honey diet, it is advisable to be examined so as not to worsen your condition.
Slimming honey recipes
To lose weight more effectively and taste better honey, it is recommended to use it in combination with foods such as cinnamon, ginger and lemon. This will speed up the metabolic processes in the body.
There are many different recipes for weight loss with honey:
- Honey water with lemon… The easiest drink to prepare. Add 1 tsp to a glass of water. honey and 1-2 lemon wedges (optional). The resulting drink has a very unusual taste. Lemon, which is part of the water with honey for weight loss, contains pectin, which increases the effect of honey, suppressing the feeling of hunger.
- Honey water with vinegar… Add 1 tsp to cool water. honey and 1/4 tsp. l. apple cider vinegar. Since vinegar is very concentrated, the main thing is not to overdo it with its amount. Such a drink with honey for weight loss not only eliminates fat deposits, but also promotes a thorough cleansing of the digestive tract. Water with honey can be consumed in small sips throughout the day, or 30 minutes before each meal to reduce appetite.
- Cinnamon honey water… You need to take 1 tsp. cinnamon and pour 250 ml of boiling water over it (about 1 glass). It must be left to infuse for half an hour. After the water has cooled, strain it. Add 2 tsp to warm liquid. honey and stir until completely dissolved. The number of ingredients can be changed at will, but the main thing is that their ratio remains the same: cinnamon should be 2 times less than honey.Cinnamon with honey for weight loss is an excellent way to get rid of body fat. It promotes active elimination of toxins and accelerates lipolysis. This drink should be taken in the morning before breakfast and at night.
- Kefir with honey… In addition to regular water, you can use kefir, yogurt or fermented baked milk. You need to take about 1/2 cup of the selected fermented milk product and add honey and cinnamon to it in a 2: 1 ratio. All components must be mixed. The prepared cocktail must be completely drunk in a day, otherwise it may deteriorate.
- Tea with honey. This drink is very easy to prepare. Its advantage is that in this case, honey can be used instead of sugar to make the drink taste better. It is necessary to brew a cup of any tea of your choice. After that, it must be filtered so that there are no leaves of the tea leaves. Then add a little cinnamon, cover the cup with a saucer and leave the tea to infuse for about half an hour. After 30 minutes, you need to put 1 tsp in the drink. honey and stir well. Half of the prepared tea with honey for weight loss should be drunk in the morning, and the rest in the evening on the eve of a meal.
- Honey with ginger… Ginger root is an excellent natural antibacterial agent that helps in defending the body against various pathogens. In combination with honey, it significantly speeds up the metabolism, facilitating the process of losing weight. You need to grate the ginger root so that you get about 1 tbsp. l. gruel, mix with 1 tsp. honey. The resulting mixture should be consumed in the morning, at lunchtime and in the evening 20 minutes before the intended meal.
- Honey with ginger and lemon… You need to take 200 g of ginger root and grate it. Then 1 unpeeled lemon must be chopped with a blender or knife. After that, ginger and honey for weight loss should be mixed and placed in a jar. It must be kept cold. Every day you need to eat 1 tbsp. l. a mixture that will serve as an excellent doping for the body.
- Honey with ginger and mint… It is necessary to boil the water. For 1 cup of hot water, add 1 tbsp. l. chopped ginger root and a few sprigs of mint (optional and to taste). The drink should be infused for 20 minutes. Immediately before use, it is necessary to put 1 tsp to it. honey.
- Lemon with honey… It has an excellent effect on the body. Citrus not only enhances a decrease in appetite, but also stimulates the immune system, improves the condition of the gastrointestinal tract and invigorates well. It is necessary to grind one unpeeled lemon with a grater or blender. Add 100 g of honey to the resulting gruel and mix until smooth. If desired, about 50 g of chopped ginger can be added to the lemon with honey for weight loss. This mixture should be kept in the refrigerator. It must be eaten in 1 tsp. three times a day before main meals.
- Green tea with honey and lemon… In a jar with a volume of 2 liters, you need to pour 2 tbsp. l. pure green tea and pour boiling water over it to the top. It should be brewed for at least 5 minutes. Then you need to cool the tea until warm. After that, you should grate 1 lemon, add it to the drink, and then put 6 tbsp. l. honey. All ingredients must be mixed well.
- Lemon with honey and garlic… Use a grater to grind 1/2 kg of unpeeled lemons. Then you need to crush 2 garlic heads. After that, add 300 g of honey and stir all the components until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The only drawback of this remedy is that it must be infused for a week in a place without access to light and heat. After 7 days, strain it thoroughly. You need to eat 1 tbsp per day. l. lemon-honey mixture in the morning before breakfast.
See also TOP 5 extreme weight loss diets.
The results of taking honey for weight loss
Before taking honey for weight loss, you should understand that you will not be able to quickly get rid of extra pounds. This process will be slow. On average, you can lose no more than 6 kg per month.
Losing weight with honey largely depends on the individual characteristics of the body, in particular, on the rate of breakdown of carbohydrates. To achieve more intense performance, it is advisable to add regular exercise.
Also, do not overuse honey drinks at night, because in the dark, carbohydrates ferment much slower and can turn into folds.