What is a mono diet? Review of the 5 most popular and effective mono-diets: rice, buckwheat, beetroot, kefir, banana. Results and real feedback.
A mono diet is an effective weight loss technique that involves severe restriction of the diet. Allows you to lose about 5 kg in 2-3 days, depending on the menu, baseline body weight and characteristics of the body.
What is a mono diet?
A mono-diet is a diet that is based on the use of any one type of food. Nutritionists note that with such a reduction in the menu, you can quickly normalize body weight, improve the condition and tone of the skin, and restore general well-being. The body does not spend a lot of energy on digesting various types of food, which, most often, are poorly combined with each other. Many people note a feeling of lightness, a surge of strength, vigor, and increased efficiency.
Nutritionists identify the following main features of mono-diets:
- Duration. This aspect is given special attention. Mono-diets should be short-lived so as not to harm the body. Their maximum duration is up to 1 week, and from 2-3 days it is recommended to additionally include permitted foods in the diet. This allows you not to go into a deficiency of vitamins, trace elements, amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Fasting days… Mono-diets for the day are well suited for periodic fasting days, which can be arranged once every 30-45 days. More frequent adherence to mono-diets is fraught with a deficiency of beneficial nutrients and a deterioration in overall well-being. In addition, the risk of re-gaining weight and even increasing it increases. Thus, the body reacts to the stress factor in the form of severe dietary restrictions and makes additional reserves for the future.
- Preparation… To get the best results, it is worth preparing for the diet in advance. A few days before the proposed health marathon, sugar, simple carbohydrates, alcohol, trass fats, baked goods and other prohibited foods are excluded from the diet. Thus, it is easier for the body to readjust to a new diet, and this does not provoke a stressful situation.
- Drinking regime… It is important during any mono-diet. Without optimal fluid intake, the digestion process is disrupted, bile stagnates. This is fraught with constipation and general intoxication of the body. In this case, a mono-diet will not bring any benefit and will only poison the body with toxins. The daily fluid intake must be calculated using the formula: multiply 30 ml of water by body weight.
- Side effects… When observing mono-diets, you should not expose the body to excessive physical or mental stress. A significant restriction of the diet can cause a sharp decrease in sugar levels and a deterioration in general well-being: dizziness, weakness.
- Contraindications… Severe dietary restrictions are not recommended for adolescents, the elderly, pregnant and lactating women, patients with acute and chronic diseases.
To consolidate the result, most of the prohibited foods can be completely excluded from the diet, thereby reducing the burden on the body. This will make it easier to maintain a healthy weight and feel good. Mono-diets in this case facilitate the cleansing and elimination of toxic substances, toxins.
The list of prohibited foods for all mono-diets for weight loss is approximately the same. The following food falls under the ban:
- refined food;
- trans fats;
- purchased sweets;
- baked goods, especially with the addition of yeast;
- alcoholic drinks;
- sweet sparkling water;
- store-bought sauces with a high percentage of fat, added sugar, preservatives and dyes;
- fat meat;
- fried food;
- too sweet fruits and berries;
- dairy products with a high percentage of fat.
You should avoid eating garbage: crackers, chips, sweets, rolls, cakes, pastries. The described products create a great burden on the gastric tract, liver, pancreas, and interfere with the normal process of losing weight. Not all mono diets are effective and equally suitable for absolutely all people. It all depends on the tolerance of a particular product and the general condition of the body.