The basic principles of the chicken diet. List of permitted and prohibited products, advantages and disadvantages. A sample menu for a week, results and reviews.
The Chicken Diet is an effective method to get your figure back on track in a matter of days. Due to the fact that the product contains a lot of protein, a feeling of fullness is created for a long time. The basis of the diet is chicken meat, it can be boiled or steamed. In addition, other ingredients can be used to help you lose weight and maintain well-being. The chicken diet for weight loss can be more gentle or strict, everyone can choose the method they like.
Features of the chicken diet
The chicken breast diet is especially popular with people who prefer the protein type of weight loss. The product is quickly absorbed, which is associated with good protein bioavailability and high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Tryptophan contained in chicken meat helps to synthesize the "happiness hormone". Heavy connective fibers and animal collagen are almost absent, which means that the resulting food will have the maximum effect and benefit.
The product includes:
- Folic acid.
Skinless meat contains only 5% fat and up to 130 calories. To normalize the state of the body, it is very important to include fruits and vegetables in the chicken diet menu. These foods are able to correct protein intake in large quantities. Thanks to this approach, it is possible to reduce the burden on the kidneys, liver and intestines. If you want to speed up the result, you need to combine diet with physical activity.
- The 7-day chicken diet menu is designed so that there is enough energy for the whole day.
- In the process of losing weight, excess fluid is lost, which improves muscle tone.
- Most of the proteins are converted into glucose, which speeds up the breakdown of fats.
- The menu (in addition to chicken meat) should be diversified; cereals, vegetables and a variety of fruits are suitable for this.
- The number of meals is at least 4 with an interval of 2-3 hours. The portions should be small.
- The daily calorie content of the diet is 1200-1500.
- Dinner - 18.00-18.30.
Advantages of the chicken diet:
- Cleansing from toxins. Harmful substances come out with water.
- Protein is absorbed more slowly by the body. Digestion takes longer, so the feeling of fullness lasts longer.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes. Excess fat is lost, but muscles are retained.
- Effectiveness. Diet food provides long-lasting results.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins. A sufficient amount of nutrients enters the body, eliminating the risk of complications.
- Diversity. Several types of food are possible and a large list of permitted foods, no discomfort or stress.
Disadvantages of a chicken diet:
- The occurrence of allergic reactions.
- Increased burden on the kidneys.
- If the rules and recommendations are not followed, the diet can cause the opposite effect and slow down metabolic processes.
- Flatulence and indigestion.
- Deterioration of the condition of nails and skin.
- Protein intoxication.
It is recommended to pay special attention to cases where the proposed approach to nutrition may be prohibited, because such a diet is designed for healthy people.
Contraindications to the chicken diet:
- Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- The presence of chronic diseases;
- Age under 18 and over 60;
- Digestive, heart and genitourinary problems;
- Recovery period after surgery or illness.
According to reviews on the chicken breast diet, you can get rid of 2-6 kg in a week.But to achieve the maximum effect, it is recommended to combine nutrition and vigorous physical activity.
It is necessary to take into account the factors that affect the results of losing weight:
- Large weight "goes away" faster during the diet.
- Sports activities speed up metabolism.
- You need to eat in small portions every 2-3 hours.
- You need to drink up to 2-3 liters of water per day.
- The more active a person is, the more food will be required. This must be remembered when calculating the portion.
- With the correct exit from the diet and refusal from fast food, the result can be saved for a long time.
See also the features of the yoghurt diet for weight loss.
Permitted and prohibited foods on a chicken diet
First of all, it should be said about products that slow down weight loss and will not allow you to achieve the desired result.
Completely prohibited foods with a chicken diet:
- Sweets and pastries;
- Flour products;
- Salty, smoked, peppered dishes.
Allowed foods for a chicken diet:
- Various cereals (the exception applies only to buckwheat);
- Vegetables (potatoes are excluded);
- Fruit (especially green);
- Green tea;
- Fermented milk products with a low fat content;
- Dry wine (it is better to give preference to red).
It is allowed to add coffee to the menu, but only if the kidneys are working well. A large amount of protein entering the body creates a great burden on the organ.
It is better to eat vegetables and fruits fresh; it is not recommended to heat them. So they will retain all the useful components and accelerate the absorption of protein.
Read about the features of the Herculean diet for weight loss
Chicken diet menu
The diet of a person losing weight on a chicken diet should be as varied as possible. It is important that you have enough fiber to help your gastrointestinal tract function properly.
The chicken diet menu depends on the type of food chosen. There are several options:
- Mono diet… You need to eat only boiled fillets for a week, that is, eat 1 kg of cooked meat, distributing it into equal portions. Before resorting to this weight loss option, you need to consult a nutritionist for advice, since a tough menu can negatively affect your well-being.
- A combination of mono and chicken diets… To improve efficiency and maintain health, two nutritional approaches can be combined. It is necessary to adhere to mono-nutrition for 3 days, and follow a milder diet for the next week. With this approach, you can lose up to 10 kg in 10 days.
- Chicken bouillon… This type of diet is considered the most effective, and there is practically no negative effect on the body. It is better to drink broth hot, so that it saturates the body with useful components. Only lean meat will do (preferably peeled breast or fillets). Seasonings and bay leaves can be added during cooking.
- Vegetables and chicken… This type of weight loss is the most popular, as it is diverse and gives a minimum load on the body. It is important to calculate the number of calories per day. If you stick to the menu and eat meat without skin, you will get rid of 2-5 kg in a week.
- Fillets and oranges… The diet was developed back in the 70s of the 20th century. It is considered quite tough, so all 7 days you need to eat only meat, oranges and water. The bottom line is that when there is a lack of carbohydrates, the body begins to "process" fat deposits to replenish energy.
For the full functioning of the body, all the products on the menu need to be broken down into several steps. Thanks to this approach, a person will not feel hunger and will be able to more easily endure dietary restrictions. Below is a sample menu of the classic chicken diet for 7 days.
- Breakfast: a glass of vegetable or fruit juice;
- All day: boiled chicken meat (500 g), rice (350 g), tea (2 cups).
- Breakfast: juice or kefir (250 ml);
- Afternoon snack: canned pineapples (500 g);
- All day: boiled fillet (500 g), boiled rice (300 g), tea (2 cups).
- Breakfast: juice or low-fat kefir (250 ml);
- All day: boiled fillet (400 g), lettuce or cabbage (200 g), apples (4 pcs), cucumber (2 pcs), herbs. Vegetables can be eaten separately or made into a salad with oil or lemon juice.
- Breakfast: juice - 250 ml (you can choose vegetable or fruit to taste);
- All day: boiled fillet (200 g), vegetables (100 g), kefir (250 ml), half an orange or grapefruit, broth (300 ml).
- Breakfast: kefir (250 ml) or half a grapefruit (apple);
- All day: fillet (200 g), vegetables (100 g), broth (300 ml).
- Breakfast: tangerines (2 pcs);
- All day: fillet (500 g), cottage cheese (200 g), tomatoes (3 pcs).
On the 6th day, it is allowed to add vegetables and fruits, dairy products.
- Breakfast: hard-boiled egg and kiwi (1 pc);
- All day: kiwi (2 pcs.), Fillet (300 g), it can be boiled or steamed, mushroom soup (300 ml), bran bread (100 g).
Meals should be planned so that they are at the same time, and the last one no later than 6 pm. To relieve hunger, you can drink water with lemon.
When losing weight, it is important that meals are nutritious and appetizing. For cooking, you can use one of the chicken diet recipes:
- Meatballs… Prepare minced chicken (300 g), finely chop the onion and herbs. Combine all ingredients in a blender and form into balls. Transfer the resulting blanks to a container, pour water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Brisket with vegetables… Take fillets (2 pcs), blot with a napkin and remove excess moisture. Cut the meat in the middle. Place the tomato slices and basil in the resulting pocket. Close the edges using a toothpick. Place the meat in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Fillet in kefir marinade… Take meat (500 g), cut into small slices, pepper, fill with kefir. Add spices to taste and let sit for a few hours. Bake for about 45 minutes.
See the 15-day salt-free diet menu.
Chicken diet results
Reviews of weight loss and the results of the chicken diet are quite varied in content and ratings. But for the most part, they will delight many, tk. provided that all the rules are strictly followed, it will be possible to get rid of 2-6 kg per week. When you combine nutrition with physical activity, the effect will be even more striking.
To maintain the result obtained, you also need to stop drinking alcohol, fast food and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
It is also important to get out of the chicken diet correctly. So, in order to support the body during this period, you need:
- It is not immediately possible to switch to a regular diet, the process should take time (2 weeks).
- Products should be introduced carefully, adding 2 new ingredients every day.
- Completely abandon sweets and baked goods.
- It is better not to add sugar to hot drinks; honey or sugar substitutes can be used together.
- Sweets are best introduced after 2 weeks.
Real Reviews of the Chicken Diet
The chicken diet has already been tested by many, and most of the reviews are positive. But according to the opinion of dietitians, the results and health status depend on the type of diet chosen.
Karina, 22 years old
Like all girls, I really wanted to lose weight by the summer season. After hearing about the great results of the chicken diet, I decided to try it on myself. I chose the classic one - with chicken fillet and vegetables. Strictly adhered to all the rules for a whole week. At the very beginning, there was a feeling of weakness. But on the third day I felt a surge of vivacity and completed the weight loss with good health. As a result, I lost 4 kg in a week and was very pleased.
Olga, 30 years old
I have already tried a dozen different diets, but none of them gave a lasting result. I found it on the Internet and read reviews about the chicken diet. I decided to take a chance. I chose the toughest option - the mono diet. Frankly, it was very difficult, and I could only hold out for 5 days. Yes, I was able to lose 3 kg, but this weight quickly returned within six months.
Arina, 28 years old
The chicken diet is the first in my life, and now one of my favorites. I constantly go in for sports, I follow the nutrition, but I decided to improve the result even more. Sat on a classic diet with a varied menu all week. I did not feel any difficulties, on the contrary - lightness and a surge of energy. She ate clearly according to the rules and carefully left the diet. I was able to lose 4 kg until the weight returned.
Watch a video about the chicken diet:
The chicken diet is much easier to tolerate and more effective than other options. But efficiency and good results will be only if you follow the recommendations and choose the right menu.