What is the cabbage diet, its basic rules and features. List of permitted and prohibited products, menu options for 7, 10, 14 days. Reviews of losing weight about the diet.
The Cabbage Diet is a very budget and effective diet for quick weight loss, which includes the familiar cabbage. This product has a low calorie content and is available to everyone. The best time for a cabbage diet is spring, when there are few vegetables and fruits in stores.
Features of the cabbage diet
You can often hear flattering reviews about the cabbage diet for weight loss, which is not surprising: this vegetable contains many nutrients that our body needs:
- vitamins of group B, C and D;
- minerals - they support the structure of our internal organs and bone tissue;
- amino acids - essential for the growth of proteins;
- fiber - it normalizes digestion and creates a feeling of satiety;
- folic acid - it accelerates cell regeneration and helps the skin stay youthful and fresh.
Despite the huge amount of nutrients, cabbage contains very few calories - only 25 kcal per 100 g. It will be difficult to oversaturated with it, so this product is just a treasure for diets.
In addition to the above, cabbage is able to prevent various ailments:
- reduces the likelihood of cancer;
- improves the functioning of the liver and kidneys, helps them fight diseases;
- helps with constipation;
- relieves symptoms of bronchitis and pneumonia;
- speeds up metabolism;
- improves digestion.
Cabbage is also wonderful because you can cook many delicious dishes with it - soups, stews, salads, juices and smoothies. You can use both the common cabbage, and cauliflower, and Peking cabbage. Dietary variety not only helps you to cope with the stress-free diet, but it is also enjoyable.
In order for the cabbage diet to bring the expected result, it is necessary to take into account certain nuances:
- Daily calorie content… You need to calculate your daily calorie intake according to your height and age to achieve your desired weight. It is from this norm that it is worth starting from when distributing food for the day.
- Water-salt balance… Not enough water per day and too much salt will create unpleasant swelling on the body, which will leave the figure plump even at normal weight. You can generally replace salt with soy sauce, but it is important to consider that it is natural. During the day, you need to drink green and herbal tea and do not forget about water - our body needs clean water without impurities.
- Diversity… Don't start eating just one cabbage. With it, you need to cook various dishes, adding healthy, low-calorie foods to make meals complete.
- Vitamins… If you can't create a balanced diet, then you definitely need to purchase mineral and vitamin complexes to maintain a healthy state of the body.
- Sport… Physical activity always improves the results of diets and makes the figure fit. If you are not ready or you have no time to study regularly, you can simply go for walks, for example, go through a couple of extra stops and climb the stairs without an elevator.
Important! Inspired by the benefits of a diet, you should not lean too much on cabbage: it is rich in fiber and sulfur, and an overabundance of these components can provoke bloating, heaviness in the stomach and nausea.
Of course, not everything is so great with the cabbage diet: it still has some contraindications:
- This diet is not suitable for people with an acidic stomach or stomach ailments.
- It is forbidden to use the cabbage diet for patients who have had a heart attack or are at risk.
- This is not the best diet for diarrhea.
- Like any other diet, cabbage should not be used by women during pregnancy and lactation.
Read also about the features of the model diet.
Allowed and prohibited foods on a cabbage diet
Cabbage is the main product from which you need to prepare all dishes of the diet, but this does not mean that you should only eat it. It is important to eat dairy products, meat, vegetables and fruits. The main thing is to keep within the daily calorie content, scrupulously counting everything that was eaten during the day: then you definitely won't overeat. Consider what foods can and cannot be consumed on a cabbage diet.
List of approved products:
- Lean meats… Meat is not only a source of large amounts of protein, but also a product that creates a feeling of satiety for several hours. On a diet, it is important to eat lean meat, because it contains very few calories. The familiar chicken, rabbit, turkey will do.
- Chicken eggs… Another affordable protein source. The important thing to remember here is that you can only eat one yolk per day, as it is pure fat. But egg white can be eaten in large quantities.
- Lean fish… Rich in protein, minerals and amino acids, fish is an excellent addition to the cabbage diet. The same rule applies here as with meat: the fish should be lean.
- Non-starchy vegetables and fruits… Starch = carbohydrates and carbohydrates = calories. You need to use fresh vegetables and fruits that do not contain starch - cucumbers, tomatoes, apples, citrus fruits, etc. Fruit shouldn't be too sweet.
- Non-calorie drinks… If you like to drink sweet tea or coffee, then you should not give up on them during the diet: just replace sugar with any non-calorie sweetener.
- Low-calorie dairy products… Dairy products are high in protein and help in the functioning of the digestive organs. On a diet, you can use cottage cheese, kefir and low-fat milk - up to 2.5%.
- Nuts… A high-calorie product that should not be discarded. They are a source of very healthy vegetable fats, so one handful of nuts a day won't hurt.
List of prohibited products:
- Sugar… We often say that sugar is white death. There is some truth in these words: an excess of it really has a negative effect on the body. He needs very little glucose: it is found in large quantities in fruits and less in other familiar products. Pure white sugar from the pack will only add extra calories and will not bring any benefit, so it and various sweets should be excluded from the diet.
- Flour… Baked goods are simple carbohydrates that provide neither sufficient energy value nor benefits. It contains a lot of calories, and the sugar contained in flour is processed very quickly in the body, so after having a snack on a bun, you will soon want to eat again. In order not to add empty calories to the diet and not to starve, it is better not to eat flour on a diet.
- Fatty foods… Foods with high fat content are very high in calories, so it is better to compose meals with a low fat index.
- Potato… It belongs to starchy vegetables, which means it contains a lot of high-calorie carbohydrates.
- Carbohydrate fruits… These include starchy bananas, grapes, sweet apples and pears.
- Alcohol… Surprisingly, it contains a very high amount of calories and, in addition, provokes a brutal feeling of hunger. In general, diet and alcohol are incompatible things.
- Mayonnaise… Many people love it, but even a beautiful narrow package of low-calorie mayonnaise cannot make it lean enough. If you cannot eat salads without additives, then it is better to make homemade mayonnaise with low-fat yogurt and mustard.
- Butter… It is also one of the favorite salad dressings, but on a diet it is better to exclude it completely. One teaspoon of oil will increase the calorie content of the dish by 45 units.
- Fast food… These dishes are high-calorie, fatty and often have absolutely no benefit.If you really want to, then you can cook, for example, shawarma with cabbage, using homemade low-calorie sauce.
Good to know! Cabbage itself also keeps secrets: the stump, which many loved so much in childhood, is actually quite harmful. It absorbs various harmful substances, so it is not recommended to use it for food.
Cabbage diet options
As already mentioned, the diet should be varied. You can, for example, combine different menus with each other.
Several options for the cabbage diet:
- Cabbage and cabbage juice… Quite an interesting option for those who want to achieve quick results. However, let's say right away that you should not switch only to cabbage juice: merciless starvation will only harm your health. The correct way to drink cabbage juice is a glass of the drink half an hour before meals. There are almost no calories in it, but useful substances are preserved, moreover, it will fill the stomach, and you will eat less during a meal. To prepare it, you need to pass the cabbage leaves through a combine, and then squeeze the juice out of the resulting mixture through cheesecloth. If you have a juicer at home, you can use it. You should not abuse cabbage juice: it is better to use carrot or apple juice instead.
- Potato and cabbage diet… Suitable for those who are not afraid of excess starch. The diet of such a diet consists of half a kilogram of cabbage and 4 boiled or baked potatoes. Products are consumed in their pure form, not filled with oil. Potatoes can be washed down with low-calorie milk. The diet is carried out for a week, and on days 3 and 6, lean baked fish is added to the diet. During this time, you can lose 5 kilograms of excess weight.
- Carrot and cabbage diet… For 3 days on a carrot and cabbage diet, you can get rid of 1, 5 to 3 kilograms of excess weight. The basis of the diet is carrot and cabbage salad, as is, without oil. During the day, it is allowed to consume drinks without sugar, lean meat, eggs, low-fat dairy products. You can carry out such a diet twice a month.
- Cabbage and cucumber diet… Run for one week and includes cabbage and cucumber dishes, citrus fruits, dairy products and lean meats. Depending on the intensity of the diet, you can lose 4 to 7 kilograms on it. If there is a feeling of hunger, then in between meals, you can have a bite of a couple of cucumbers or grapefruit. At night, you can drink a glass of fat-free kefir.
- Egg and cabbage diet… Another seven-day diet that will help remove 5-7 extra pounds. You can eat 5 chicken eggs and half a kilogram of fresh cabbage per day. The diet is supplemented with non-starchy fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products. Lean meat or fish can be eaten a couple of times a week.
- Cabbage and apple diet… On this fruity three-day diet, you can get rid of 2-3 kilograms of excess weight. It is allowed to eat half a kilogram of cabbage, 5 medium or 3 large apples per day. In the morning they drink tea or a glass of low-fat kefir and eat an apple, for lunch they prepare dietary cabbage soup with cabbage-apple salad, and for dinner the same salad and 100 grams of lean meat or fish.
Cabbage diet menu
The Cabbage Diet involves a menu filled with the right mix of proteins, fats and carbohydrates that a person needs. This rate is individual for everyone, depending on the height and age, as well as the characteristics of the organism. For example, people with liver disease need to eat more protein and less fat. We will offer you several options for the cabbage diet, designed for the average rate.
Cabbage diet for a week
A 7-day diet will help you lose 4 to 6 kilograms, depending on the intensity of weight loss.
An example of a cabbage diet menu for 7 days:
|1 day||Egg omelet with yolk and two whites and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||Cabbage soup (boil meat separately) and carrot and cabbage salad||150 g boiled chicken breast and vegetable stew|
|2nd day||200 g cottage cheese 0% fat with berries and a portion of tea / coffee with sweetener||Vegetable soup with cabbage and 100 g of boiled chicken breast||150 g baked lean fish and an apple|
|Day 3||A serving of oatmeal with dried fruit and tea / coffee with sweetener||Cabbage soup (boil meat separately) and carrot-apple salad||100 g of baked lean beef and a glass of kefir 0% fat|
|4th day||Cabbage, apple and carrot salad and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g of boiled lean fish and cabbage salad||Stew of cauliflower, carrots and herbs and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice|
|Day 5||100 g cottage cheese 0% fat with banana and prunes and a portion of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g boiled beef and carrot-apple salad||150 g boiled chicken breast and carrot and cabbage salad|
|6th day||Serving of oatmeal with berries and tea / coffee with sweetener||Cabbage soup with vegetables with separately boiled chicken||150 g baked lean fish and an apple|
|Day 7||Yolk and two eggs omelet and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||Cauliflower and vegetable stew and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice||100 g boiled chicken breast and vegetable stew|
Cabbage diet for a week is the best option for losing weight, which can be carried comfortably. For greater efficiency, a longer nutritional system is used, but it should be understood that it can change the psychological state.
Cabbage diet for 10 days
Such a diet will help you get rid of 6-9 kilograms of excess weight, depending on the intensity.
Cabbage diet menu for 10 days:
|1 day||Carrot and cabbage salad, 100 g of boiled lean fish and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||100 g cottage cheese 0% fat, 100 g boiled chicken and cabbage salad||100g baked lean fish, carrot and cabbage salad, and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice|
|2nd day||100 g sauerkraut and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||A glass of kefir 0% fat, 100 g lean stew and carrot and cabbage salad||Two boiled potatoes and cabbage and apple salad|
|Day 3||Boiled egg, grapefruit and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||Buckwheat porridge, boiled without salt, 2 apples, 150 g of boiled chicken breast||Sauerkraut, 150 g baked lean fish, orange|
|4th day||A glass of kefir 0% fat and a portion of oatmeal with berries||2 cucumbers and 200 g of boiled beef, grapefruit||Cabbage soup and 150 g boiled chicken breast, orange|
|Day 5||150 g cottage cheese 0% fat, orange and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||Carrot and cabbage salad, 200 g of baked lean fish, grapefruit||150 g beef stew and a handful of any berries|
|6th day||150 g cottage cheese 0% fat with dried fruits and a portion of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g of boiled chicken meat and cabbage and apple salad||Beet and nut salad, 150g boiled chicken and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener|
|Day 7||Buckwheat porridge, cooked without salt, with skim milk, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice||Cabbage and apple salad and 150 g of boiled beef||2 boiled potatoes and 150 g boiled chicken, orange|
|Day 8||A glass of kefir and 100 g of cottage cheese 0% fat with berries||150 g boiled turkey meat, carrot and cabbage salad and apple||200 g vinaigrette, orange and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener|
|Day 9||Carrot and cabbage salad and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||2 oranges, 150 g boiled chicken breast and carrot and cabbage salad||100g baked lean fish and fruit salad|
|Day 10||Buckwheat porridge, cooked without salt, with skim milk and an apple||Carrot and cabbage salad and 150 g of boiled lean fish||200 g baked lean beef and boiled potatoes, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice|
Since the diet for 10 days is rather complicated, it is recommended to carry it out no more than twice a month.
Cabbage diet for 14 days
The nutrition system will help you get rid of 10-13 kilograms of excess weight, depending on the intensity. The diet is quite difficult to maintain, so it is recommended to carry it out every 4 months.
Cabbage diet menu for 14 days:
|1 day||Oatmeal with dried fruit and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g boiled turkey meat and carrot and cabbage salad||100g boiled chicken breast and fruit salad|
|2nd day||Buckwheat porridge, cooked without salt, with skim milk and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200g cooked lean beef and sauerkraut||Cabbage salad with pumpkin seeds, boiled egg and orange|
|Day 3||100 g cottage cheese 0% fat, fruit salad and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g baked lean fish, carrot and cabbage salad and orange||Cabbage salad with low fat cheese, boiled egg and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice|
|4th day||Buckwheat porridge, cooked without salt, with skim milk and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g baked chicken meat and cabbage and apple salad||Carrot and cabbage salad with tomato, 100 g of boiled chicken and orange|
|Day 5||Oatmeal with berries, a handful of nuts, and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||Vegetable soup with cabbage with boiled chicken separately, grapefruit||Cauliflower and cabbage salad with homemade yoghurt and lemon juice dressing, grapefruit|
|6th day||Whole grain bread with a slice of low fat cheese and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g steamed lean fish and vegetable stew with cabbage, orange||Apple and cabbage salad, boiled egg, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice|
|Day 7||Buckwheat porridge, cooked without salt, with skim milk and a serving of tea / coffee with sweetener||200 g of boiled lean beef and Chinese cabbage and green beans ragout, orange||Apple and cabbage salad and 100 g of baked lean fish, grapefruit|
This menu is retained for the second week. If you wish, you can mix meals and make low-calorie vegetable or fruit snacks.
See the DASH diet 7 days menu
Real Reviews of the Cabbage Diet
The results of the cabbage diet, when done correctly, are amazing - more than one woman has been convinced of this. If you get out of it correctly and maintain weight, adjusting the daily calorie intake, then the dropped will not return. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the reviews and results of losing weight on a cabbage diet.
Lyudmila, 28 years old
I have tried more than one diet in my life, and this is the only one on which I do not get hunger. There are results - I remove 2 kilograms in 3 days. I spend this diet once a month to get myself back in shape.
Anastasia, 33 years old
I heard a lot of reviews about the cabbage diet and thought that I should try it too. I generally love cabbage, but 7 days of eating it, of course, is not mine … But the fact is: hunger is not so strongly felt as on other diets. I lost 5 kilograms in a week, this result suits me. But in the future I will mix with other diets.
Maria, 25 years old
Great diet! I usually gain weight in winter, so by the spring I always choose some kind of new diet in order to regain a slim figure. This time I preferred cabbage. I took it at once for 14 days, but I do not recommend this to beginners: it is hard to eat monotonous dishes for two whole weeks. I spent 10 kilograms on my diet, I think if I limit it a little or add sports, then even more will go away.
Watch the video about the cabbage diet:
The cabbage diet is effective and satisfying, in which it is important to maintain a balanced diet, which helps to make the body healthier, and the skin more beautiful and fresher. The main thing is not to overdo it with cabbage and not make the diet too strict.