Basic principles of the 1000 calorie diet. The list of permitted and prohibited products, an approximate menu for 3, 5 and 7 days. Results and reviews.
The 1000 calorie diet is a special formulation by nutritionists that involves eating three meals a day with 2-3 snacks. It is a balanced diet that can help you lose weight quickly by cutting back on your daily calorie intake. Depending on individual needs and the reaction of the body, the diet can be followed from 3 to 7 days. Repeated courses are possible throughout the year.
Features of the 1000 calorie diet
The 1000 calorie per day diet is low in calories, and this is its main distinguishing feature. This principle of nutrition can be adhered to for no more than 1 week, so as not to provoke a lack of vitamins, micronutrients, fatty acids.
The basic principles of the 1000 calorie diet are easy to follow even for beginners:
- the total daily amount of food should not exceed 1000 calories;
- meals should be fractional, at least 5 meals a day;
- it is necessary to constantly monitor so as not to exceed the permissible calorie intake;
- the daily diet should be planned individually, taking into account the current needs of the body;
- sources of fiber must be present in the diet in order to prevent problems with stool - vegetables, legumes, fruits, seeds;
- food should be varied and nutritious;
- fast food, sweets, soda are banned.
To maintain the positive results obtained, it is necessary to remember the correct exit from the 1000 calorie diet. The number of calories should be increased gradually, daily and continue to avoid fast food, fatty, spicy foods, smoked meats, sweet, simple carbohydrates. Otherwise, the body will rush to replenish the reserves of the lost, and the weight will quickly return to its original values.
Read also about the features of the LCHF diet
Permitted and prohibited foods on a 1000 calorie diet
The 1000 calorie diet is based on protein foods and fiber, which is supplemented with carbohydrates. The main sources of carbohydrates: whole grain pasta or bread, vegetables. As a dessert, you can use dairy products, your favorite fruits and berries in limited quantities. Dessert can be sprinkled with coconut, nuts. In the daily menu, you can leave seeds, legumes, crucifers.
Daily amount of foods on a 1000 calorie diet:
- fresh assorted vegetables (for example, salad) or thermally processed (except for frying in vegetable oil) - 450 grams;
- whole grain or gluten-free flour products - 45 grams;
- assorted fruits of seasonal products - 250-350 grams, products should not be too sweet;
- chicken eggs - no more than 1 pc.;
- dairy products from high-quality, whole goat or cow milk - 350 grams;
- cheeses - no more than 35 grams;
- ghee - 10-20 grams.
The output turns out to be about 1000 calories, you also need to drink a lot of water and herbal drinks to speed up metabolic processes and normalize body weight.
It is recommended to remove refined food, purchased and homemade sweets, cakes, pastries, and sweets from the diet. The ban also includes excessively fatty, spicy, spicy foods, smoked meats, canned food (especially fish), and alcohol. You can not eat fast food, purchased sauces, crackers, chips and other "junk food" that clogs the stomach.
The amount of black tea and coffee should be minimized or eliminated from the diet.
1000 calorie diet menu
The diet is quite varied, and everyone will choose a suitable, high-quality option for themselves.The 1000 calorie diet menu should contain proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber. Vegetable oils, lemon juice, Provencal herbs are used as dressing for salads. Lemon, lime, or rosemary can be added to the water.
Diet menu 1000 calories for 3 days
You can start with short-term cuts in daily calorie intake, for example, from 3 days of a 1000 calorie diet.
- Breakfast: a slice of whole grain bread or rice cake;
- Snack: 3 tablespoons of fat-free cottage cheese with a small amount of berries;
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillet (150 grams), fresh cucumber, soup with vegetable broth with lentils;
- Snack: a fruit of your choice, a handful of almonds;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge, a large portion of salad with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Breakfast: natural goat yoghurt with fresh berries, green tea;
- Snack: apple or pear;
- Lunch: stewed vegetables, fish baked in the oven with lemon and olives;
- Snack: a small serving of cashew nuts;
- Dinner: barley porridge with vegetables, fresh vegetable salad, sprinkled with sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Breakfast: granola with vegetable milk (almond, coconut or oatmeal), rosehip broth;
- Snack: any seasonal fruit of your choice;
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillet, vegetable stew, a serving of salad;
- Snack: whole grain bread with ghee, a slice of goat cheese;
- Dinner: boiled egg, salad with seasonal vegetables and herbs, half a glass of ready-made wheat porridge.
On a 1000 calorie diet every day, you need to carefully monitor the drinking regime: at least 1.5 liters of plain, pure water, as well as herbal teas. Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of low-fat kefir with bacterial sourdough.
Note! If, while following the diet, significant malaise is felt, then it is necessary to gradually return to the usual diet.
Diet menu 1000 calories for 5 days
The results of a 1000 calorie per day diet are not long in coming. For the best effect, it is recommended to choose a 5-day marathon.
- Breakfast: low-fat goat curd with vegetables, a glass of green tea;
- Snack: a handful of cashews;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, bread, salad;
- Snack: bread with cheese;
- Dinner: vegetable stew, fish fillet, stewed in tomato sauce.
- Breakfast: whole grain bread with ghee, goat cheese, willow tea with berries;
- Snack: apple;
- Lunch: cream soup with cauliflower, beans, whole grain bread croutons;
- Snack: a glass of kefir with bacterial sourdough;
- Dinner: barley porridge with mushrooms, a large portion of salad with seasonal vegetables, seeds.
- Breakfast: low-fat kefir with bacterial sourdough, berries;
- Snack: orange;
- Lunch: pickle, bread with ghee;
- Snack: chips from apples, vegetables or nori leaves;
- Dinner: buckwheat, boiled chicken fillet.
- Breakfast: long-cooking oatmeal in water or vegetable milk, fruits;
- Snack: pear;
- Lunch: red borsch with beans and sour cream, salad;
- Snack: berries with 0.5 cups of ayran;
- Dinner: baked potatoes, boiled fish, a large portion of salad.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese with nuts and berries, green tea;
- Snack: a handful of toasted almonds;
- Lunch: minestrone soup with tomatoes, olives, bread;
- Snack: a loaf with a piece of ghee;
- Dinner: brown rice with vegetables, boiled seafood.
Note! If during the period of dieting of 1000 calories there was a breakdown on a prohibited product, the results are automatically canceled, and you must start again after 15-30 days.
See the Hollywood Diet Menu
Diet menu 1000 calories per week
The 1000 calorie diet menu per week requires adherence to all the same principles - a sufficient amount of water and a balanced diet, but with a cut in calories.
- Breakfast: granola with vegetable milk and berries, a glass of rosehip broth;
- Snack: a handful of pre-soaked cashews;
- Lunch: boiled chicken with fresh vegetables;
- Snack: a loaf with a piece of ghee;
- Dinner: lean meat with vegetables and 1 fruit of your choice.
- Breakfast: oranges or grapefruits;
- Snack: seasonal fruit of your choice;
- Lunch: boiled meat, fresh vegetable salad, stewed potatoes with Provencal herbs;
- Snack: natural goat's milk cottage cheese;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge with baked fish.
- Breakfast: hard-boiled chicken egg, whole grain bread with a piece of ghee;
- Snack: apple, pear or orange;
- Lunch: green borscht with a spoonful of sour cream, whole grain bread, salad with vegetables and boiled red beans;
- Snack: fruit salad with 1 fruit and a handful of seasonal berries;
- Dinner: oven-baked turkey fillet, 0.5 cups of boiled brown rice with a slice of ghee.
- Breakfast: natural goat yogurt, green tea;
- Snack: a handful of almonds;
- Lunch: red borsch with beans, sour cream, vegetable salad with boiled chickpeas;
- Snack: orange or grapefruit;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge, boiled fillet, a portion of salad.
- Breakfast: rice flour pancakes with fruit and green tea;
- Snack: natural goat curd with berries;
- Lunch: buckwheat porridge with vegetables, baked chicken;
- Snack: half an avocado, bread;
- Dinner: a glass of low-fat kefir with bacterial sourdough, vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: whole grain bread with ghee, chamomile tea;
- Snack: seasonal fruit of your choice;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, whole grain bread with a slice of cheese;
- Snack: low-fat cottage cheese;
- Dinner: whole grain pasta with baked turkey, steamed vegetables.
- Breakfast: oatmeal in vegetable milk with nuts and berries;
- Snack: a handful of walnuts, pre-dried in the oven;
- Lunch: vegetable broth with cauliflower, green peas, whole grain crisps with cheese;
- Snack: 1-2 small sour apples;
- Dinner: bulgur, stewed with vegetables, baked fish.
It must be remembered that the permissible daily amount of calories should not exceed 1000. Otherwise, this will affect the final result.
Results of the 1000 calorie diet
The results of the 1000 calorie diet are different for everyone. Someone manages to lose up to 5-7 kg per week, in other cases, the indicators tend to 1-3 kg. It all depends on the initial body weight, the formed diet, the individual characteristics of the organism.
If the weight increased rapidly, then cutting calories will become a real stress, and the growth of indicators on the scales will at least stop. However, long-term adherence to such a diet is strongly discouraged so as not to harm the body.
Real Reviews of the 1000 Calorie Diet
There are various reviews of the 1000 calorie diet. Some people note that psychological difficulties arise when trying to cut the usual number of calories in half. Others note that they normally tolerate reducing portions and try to switch to household chores, hobbies or work issues. For beginners, it is recommended to start with 1-3 fasting days in order to monitor the body's reaction. Gradually, the duration of the diet can be increased to 5-7 days.
Marina, 27 years old
I got acquainted with the basic principles, results and reviews on the 1000 calorie diet, became interested and decided to try this type of food. I believe that such a diet is especially good in the warm season, when the body's need for excess calories and excessively fatty foods decreases. It turned out to be quite realistic to make up the daily ration in such a way as to ensure a sufficient supply of healthy food, not to feel hunger. The first thing to remember: each calorie should be as nutritious and beneficial for the body as possible. Over the course of 7 days, I became more organized: I kept a food diary, where I entered the portion and the number of calories for each dish, tried to drink more water. As a result, it was possible to create a perfectly balanced diet. Now it will be easier to stick to the principles of good nutrition when I decide to repeat such a diet.
Anna, 35 years old
The 1000 calorie diet pleased me with pleasant results: excess weight and volume went away, mood improved, more energy appeared for daily activities. I decided to try this type of food on my own, at my own peril and risk, without consulting a nutritionist. First, I made an approximate menu for 3 days. Immediately I decided that I exclude all sweets, including overly sweet fruits, as well as milk (intolerance). Compiled a base of foods with a low glycemic index. The diet also included crucifers, legumes, various seeds, berries, and nuts. During the period of dieting, I gained a lot of useful information on health improvement, having familiarized myself with the number of calories in each familiar product. The need to calculate calories is very disciplining, so I plan to keep counting in the future. I took a special photo before and after the 1000 calorie diet: the abdomen and hips decreased, the body visually became more toned, the skin was elastic.
The 1000 calorie diet was immediately liked by its simplicity and effectiveness. For a long time I had planned to calculate the food eaten, and now such an opportunity arose. I note right away that this type of food is not for the lazy. You need to keep track of calories, cook all your food yourself. If family members don't share their dietary hobbies, they may need to cook separately for them. The steamer was very useful: it cooked vegetables, rice and other cereals. Most of the nutrients are retained in steamed foods. For 7 days, food preferences changed significantly. All food was cooked without additives and flavor enhancers. Maximum - a piece of ghee for porridge or rice. I used to try to eat as natural food as possible, and now even some varieties of apples seem cloying and too sweet. Losing weight on a 1000 calorie diet is quite realistic. I managed to lose 3 extra pounds, however, in addition to the diet, I also actively went in for sports and tried not to eat 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Watch the video on the 1000 calorie diet: