Basic principles of the Scandinavian diet. Permitted and prohibited foods, food ration for 3 and 7 days. Results and real reviews of those who have lost weight.
The Scandinavian diet is a Danish dietitian development that involves eating one serving of protein and carbohydrates, two servings of vegetables, and a small amount of healthy fat. It does not require much effort, investment of time or money, it helps to quickly normalize body weight.
Features of the Scandinavian diet
The Scandinavian diet for weight loss is considered one of the simplest and involves the use of one serving of protein, one serving of carbohydrates, two servings of vegetables and several tablespoons of healthy fats. The size of one portion does not exceed the fist. No need to count calories or weigh food.
This type of food was developed by a Danish nutritionist and has won the hearts of people who want to get in shape quickly. The inventor of the diet tried the proposed diet on herself and claims that adherence to the basic principles of such a diet helps to lose weight quickly, without harm to health.
Basic principles of the diet:
- Eat no more than 3 times a day, chewing food thoroughly;
- When eating, refuse to use a mobile phone, computer, and also watch TV;
- Exclude from the diet food that negatively affects the functioning of the stomach, liver (fast food, alcoholic beverages and other junk food from stores);
- Try to eat homemade, self-prepared food;
- Give up butter, replacing it with vegetable;
- Minimize the use of table salt by replacing it with sea iodized or high-quality pink Himalayan;
- To consolidate and improve the results, the diet is combined with moderate physical activity (brisk walking, swimming, yoga, fitness), normalization of sleep, work and rest regimen, and stress reduction.
The Scandinavian diet is everyone's favorite type of food, because it does not imply strict restrictions and allows you to leave most of your favorite foods in the daily diet. It helps not only to reduce body weight, but also to improve overall physical and psychological well-being: it returns vigor, activity, and well-being.
Allowed foods on a Scandinavian diet
Before embarking on a diet, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the list of permitted foods:
- A fish… Nutritionists recommend including at least 3 fish dishes in the weekly menu. Wild-caught fish is preferred. If it is not possible to purchase such an expensive product, it is recommended to pay attention to small-sized fish, in which there is no accumulation of heavy metals.
- Meat food… Lean varieties with a low fat content, such as chicken or turkey fillets, are preferred.
- Vegetables and greens… The diet must include seasonal vegetables and herbs, including potatoes, cabbage, carrots, beets, parsley, dill, pumpkin, various types of salads.
- Berries… An obligatory element of the Scandinavian diet. They are natural antioxidants, rich in vitamins, microelements. The most useful are the brightest berries, especially of purple color - currants, blueberries, blackberries. In the winter season, it is recommended to give preference to frozen foods and refrain from canned foods with a high sugar content.
- Cereals… A rich source of fiber, a slow carbohydrate that provides long-lasting satiety.They prefer millet, quinoa, brown rice, barley, long-cooked oatmeal, whole grain flour.
- Mushrooms… Delicious, satisfying, nutritious food with a low glycemic index. Favorably affects the protective properties of the body, allows you to diversify the daily diet.
- Nuts… Included in the diet as an irreplaceable source of healthy fats. Can be added to other dishes or used in small amounts for snacks. To reduce the effects of phytic acid, nuts must be pre-soaked overnight. In the morning, you can heat the product in a non-stick skillet without adding oils.
- Vegetable oils… Preferably olive, coconut oil. Hemp oil is used for salad dressing because of the optimal ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids.
- Dairy products… Preference is given to natural products based on goat milk with a minimum percentage of fat - milk, yogurt, hard cheeses.
The permitted foods are combined with each other to provide a satisfying and balanced diet. The use of plant milk based on nuts and cereals is allowed.
Prohibited foods on a Scandinavian diet
Subject to the Scandinavian diet, the following foods are prohibited:
- simple carbohydrates;
- canned food;
- white flour baked goods;
- fat meat;
- refined food.
It is recommended to abandon the use of fatty, purchased sauces, overly spicy, spicy, sour foods, smoked meats. The described products should be excluded not only for the duration of the diet, but also completely removed from your daily diet.
Scandinavian diet menu
The basic rule of this diet is that each meal from the Scandinavian diet menu should include a serving of protein, a serving of complex carbohydrates, 2 servings of greens and vegetables, and a small amount of fat. Following such a simple, satisfying and delicious diet is not difficult. To achieve the best result, it is necessary to ensure that the menu of the Scandinavian diet is as balanced and varied as possible.
Scandinavian diet menu for the day
The menu of the Scandinavian diet for weight loss for the day is very affordable and simple, it allows you to lose up to 1-3 extra pounds. All that is required is to monitor the quality of the diet and the amount of food consumed.
Option number 1 of the Scandinavian diet menu:
- Breakfast: fruit salad with berries, natural low-fat goat yogurt, a glass of green tea without sweeteners;
- Lunch: chicken broth with whole grain noodles, baked salmon with cumin and rosemary;
- Dinner: large salad, quinoa with oyster mushrooms.
Option number 2 of the Scandinavian diet menu for the day:
- Breakfast: boiled egg, rice loaf with avocado, ivan tea;
- Lunch: fish soup, whole grain bread, salad with boiled chicken;
- Dinner: a large portion of vegetable salad, boiled brown rice with coconut cream, baked chicken fillet.
Option number 3 of the Scandinavian diet menu:
- Breakfast: a loaf of goat cheese, long-cooked oatmeal in almond milk with berries and nuts;
- Lunch: chicken baked in a sleeve with potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, tomato, a little olive oil;
- Dinner: rice porridge with vegetable milk with pumpkin and cinnamon.
The menu of the Scandinavian diet for every day can be diversified with other dishes, having previously studied the most interesting recipes. When combined with physical activity, massage, adherence to the daily regimen, the results will not be long in coming.
Scandinavian diet menu for the week
One of the most common options for the Scandinavian diet menu for a week involves the use of a large amount of vegetables, herbs, berries in combination with complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Breakfast: boiled egg, whole grain avocado loaf, herbal tea;
- Lunch: buckwheat porridge, baked chicken breast, soup with green peas and cauliflower;
- Dinner: vinaigrette, fish baked in the oven.
- Breakfast: long-cooked oatmeal with seasonal berries and ground flax seeds, green tea;
- Lunch: chicken baked with mushrooms, vegetable salad with arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice;
- Dinner: boiled bulgur, a large portion of salad with vegetables.
- Breakfast: fruit salad with low-fat goat yogurt and berries, rosehip drink;
- Lunch: boiled rice with chicken and vegetables, a large portion of salad (iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas or red beans, olive oil dressing with lemon juice);
- Dinner: millet porridge, salad, stewed mushrooms.
- Breakfast: poached egg, avocado, green tea;
- Lunch: fish baked in the oven, brown rice, Greek salad with a little goat cheese, olives, olive oil dressing;
- Dinner: large salad, sauerkraut stuffed with quinoa and brown rice.
- Breakfast: chickpea flour pancakes with homemade chocolate paste (melted coconut oil + cocoa or better kerob + some chopped almonds), willow tea with raspberries;
- Lunch: chicken broth with potatoes and vegetables, whole grain bread, sea buckthorn tea;
- Dinner: stuffed peppers, salad.
- Breakfast: rice porridge with coconut milk with berries and coconut flakes, green tea;
- Lunch: fish baked with tomato sauce, baked potatoes with olive oil and Provencal herbs;
- Dinner: a large portion of salad, buckwheat porridge with honey agarics.
- Breakfast: wholegrain pancakes with berries, nuts, goat sour cream, herbal tea;
- Lunch: minestrone, baked chicken fillet with aromatic herbs and sweet and sour sauce;
- Dinner: risotto with mushrooms and brown rice.
If there is a need for snacks between meals, preference is given to a small amount of nuts, berries, whole grain bread, herbal tea.
To consolidate the result obtained, you need to get out of the diet correctly. For this, 1-2 new products are introduced into the daily menu. It is strongly recommended to refuse from sweets, simple carbohydrates, purchased pastries and alcohol altogether.
Scandinavian diet results
The results of the Scandinavian diet for a week are impressive: with such a simple and full-fledged diet, it is possible to lose up to 3-4 kg, depending on the initial indicators of body weight. You should not expect quick results from this type of food, since the menu is quite balanced and varied.
Of the advantages, it is worth noting a wide field for culinary experiments with permitted products. Eating habits can change during the week, and it is also easier to identify and eliminate possible food intolerances.
Real reviews of the Scandinavian diet
Reviews of the Scandinavian diet are mostly positive. The developer of the system, the Danish nutritionist Susie Wendel, notes that she managed to lose 40 extra pounds in this way and keep her weight at around 60 kg. At the same time, the weight is stably maintained for many years, without harm to the body, which indicates the effectiveness and safety of the diet.
Veronica, 35 years old
I met many positive reviews about the Scandinavian diet and recently decided to try it on my own. The main advantages are a balanced diet, every day you consume all the necessary groups of substances: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, a large amount of fiber. The diet is very simple to follow: there is no need to weigh portions or count calories in the process. A serving of protein or carbohydrates is no more than the volume of a fist. And since my fists are small, I never got up from the table with a full stomach.Only healthy fats remain in the diet, which is beneficial for the whole organism. The diet is very varied: the nutritionist allows you to leave most of the available, familiar foods. And on the net you can find many interesting recipes for the Scandinavian diet. As for the results: the seven-day diet weaned overeating, the skin condition improved (I suppose, due to the lack of sugar in the diet), the weight decreased by only 2 kg, but this was not task number 1. I am very pleased with the results and the basic principles of such nutrition, and I plan to continue to adhere to it.
Natalia, 27 years old
I was very pleased with the results of the Scandinavian diet: for 7 days I ate familiar and favorite foods, not particularly restricting myself. I have never experienced a feeling of hunger. It is difficult to even call such a diet a diet; rather, it is a correct correction of the daily diet towards healthy oils, a large amount of fiber, greens, vegetables, berries and a rejection of the abundance of simple carbohydrates. The week passed unnoticed, I continue to go on a "diet" and further. For 7 days it took 3 extra pounds, there is still something to strive for. I revised the diet, removed fatty meat, giving preference to baked or boiled fish. I really fell in love with goat's milk, besides, it is digested much better than cow's milk, and does not cause bloating, rumbling, subcutaneous acne on the face. Most noteworthy: eating habits changed in just a week. Now you don't want to eat chocolate or candy, after which only heartburn, cellulite and acne, it is better to pour a bowl of fresh or frozen berries and get the most out of your food.
Olga, 45 years old
I've met a lot of good reviews about the Scandinavian diet. Many people like the variety in their diet. But it is for this reason that the weight did not want to go away, maybe this is such a feature of the body. For express weight loss, such food is definitely not suitable. In addition, you need to additionally engage in sports: ideally, this is cardio loads, and strength exercises, and stretching. I adhered to the Scandinavian diet for only 3 days, but did not find any effect. For myself, I noted other disadvantages: in the original, this type of food implies the use of a large amount of seafood and fish, which I do not particularly like. Some people may have a banal intolerance to such food with the subsequent risks of allergies.
Watch a video about the Scandinavian diet: