Why lemon is useful for immunity, possible contraindications and restrictions on use. Recipes for means with lemon to increase the body's defenses.
Lemon for Immunity is a natural remedy that contains large amounts of ascorbic acid, an effective natural immunostimulant. However, in order to strengthen the body's defenses and stimulate the immune system, it is important to use the fruit correctly. Further, the most effective lemon-based recipes for immunity.
Useful properties of lemon for immunity
In the photo, lemon for immunity
Lemon is an effective natural remedy that has proven itself well in strengthening the immune system, increasing the body's defenses and the ability to resist the flu and colds, and repel attacks of pathogenic agents. At the first sign of malaise, it is customary to add a slice of citrus fruit to tea, not wondering if lemon helps for immunity.
The benefits of the fruit are undeniable, because the following substances are included in the pulp, zest and seeds:
- vitamins A, C, group B;
- organic acids;
- macro- and microelements;
- potassium, calcium, copper;
- phytoncides, pectin;
- essential oils.
The basis of the fruit is citric acid contained in the pulp. It is a very useful substance for stimulating the human immune system. It is no coincidence that it is included in the complex of antiviral drugs and medicines aimed at combating colds.
Also, lemon is rich in such natural immunostimulants as ascorbic acid. Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice contains 1/2 the daily requirement of vitamin C. The substance is involved in the synthesis of lymphocytes and interferon. These processes increase the body's resistance to the effects of any negative factors. Lemon for enhancing immunity is considered a very effective remedy, however, when using it, it is important to take into account that a high concentration of vitamin C is preserved only in fresh fruits and juice. With prolonged contact with air and high temperatures, as a result of heat treatment, the beneficial substance is destroyed and one does not have to think about what lemon is useful for immunity. Therefore, eat the fruits fresh, add the fruit to the water, prepare vitamin mixtures based on it and consume them immediately.
Fruit phytoncides hope for bactericidal qualities and essential oils endow. Drinks with its addition suppress pathogenic microflora at the stage of reproduction and growth. Therefore, it is obvious not only the benefits of lemon for immunity, but also help in the treatment of respiratory diseases at an early stage. In addition, the fruit is able to relieve fever.
Note! Lemon for raising immunity works only if you follow a healthy lifestyle. With regular smoking, alcohol abuse, overeating and refusal from physical activity, natural products alone are not able to turn the tide and improve the human body.
Contraindications to the use of lemons
Lemon to strengthen the immune system can not be consumed in unlimited quantities. Observe the measure, and if you feel unwell, consult a doctor.
Strict contraindications to the use of lemons include:
- acute stage of gastrointestinal diseases;
- pancreatitis and enterocolitis;
- chronic gastritis;
- allergic reaction.
Lemon is saturated with acid, which can destroy tooth enamel. Therefore, limit the consumption of the fruit in its pure form. After biting into the pulp, rinse your mouth with warm water.
For allergy sufferers, lemon is often an irritant.An allergic reaction can be manifested by edema, intestinal upset, redness and a rash on the skin. More severe conditions - anaphylactic shock, Quincke's edema.
People with chronic diseases of the digestive system should limit the intake of drinks with its addition. The reason for the complete refusal to use the fruit is a sharp pain, spasm, heartburn.
Lemon drinks for immunity
When making drinks with lemon and mixing it with other ingredients, citric acid dilutes and becomes less corrosive. And all the beneficial properties of the fruit are preserved and enhanced. The main thing is to follow the rules for the preparation of funds and their storage.
Recipes for healthy drinks with lemon for immunity:
- Lemon water… In the morning it is useful to drink a simple drink, which contains only pure water and pieces of citrus fruits. To get the most out of it, cook just before drinking using room temperature water. According to the recipe for a lemon drink for immunity, wash the fruit thoroughly, pour warm water into a 200 ml glass, add 3 slices of lemon along with the zest to it and stir the drink with a spoon. Another way to make the drink is by adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to the water. The maximum benefit of the fruit is revealed by adding 1 tablespoon of juice to 200 ml of warm water. The same effect can be obtained by mixing 1/4 of a blended lemon with water. Drinking lemon water on an empty stomach flushes the digestive tract, triggers intestinal motility, speeds up metabolism, prevents weight gain, and improves a person's appearance. In addition, the product invigorates, energizes and positively.
- Water with lemon and honey… In terms of chemical composition, such a drink is close to blood plasma. The body perceives it as its own biological fluid and instantly absorbs it into the circulatory system. Thus, the beneficial properties of the product are revealed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Recipe for a drink with lemon and honey for immunity: pour 200 ml of warm water into a glass, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of liquid honey, wait until the components are completely dissolved. Drinking liquid is recommended in small sips. Honey-lemon water has a minimum number of contraindications. It is forbidden to drink it only for allergy sufferers with a confirmed reaction to the components of the product. For the rest of the people, the remedy has a powerful healing effect. Especially useful is a course drink intake in the spring, when the body is deficient in vitamins from seasonal vegetables and fruits. The tool is recommended for admission during the session, quarterly and annual reports, crunch time at work. Honey and lemon, dissolved in water, improve brain function, increase concentration, attention and memory.
- Tea with lemon… Many people add a slice of lemon to black tea to enhance the flavor. In addition to the appearance of a pleasant sourness, citrus fruit enhances the beneficial properties of the drink. So, dried tea tree leaves contain tannin, caffeine, vitamins, potassium, fluoride. Substances tone the body, stimulate the work of its organs. And lemon adds ascorbic acid to enhance human immunity. Green tea is characterized by the shortest drying time of the leaves. Therefore, it contains more vitamins and other nutrients. But at the same time, the taste of the drink is less bright compared to black tea. Lemon corrects this feature and makes the drink even more useful. At the same time, green tea with lemon for immunity is pleasant to drink both in cold and hot weather. Boil water and pour boiling water over a container for brewing tea. Sprinkle dry leaves and cover with hot water. Cover the drink with a lid and pour into cups after 5-7 minutes. Lemon and sugar can be added if desired.Due to its tonic and healing properties, black and green tea with lemon is recommended for people with respiratory diseases. The drink effectively flushes pathogenic organisms and their waste products from the gastrointestinal tract, saturates with vitamins, tones up, increases the body's resistance.
- Lemon ginger drink… Many people have appreciated the flavor combination of ginger and lemon. But, in addition to its bright taste and aroma, ginger root has many beneficial properties, as it contains numerous vitamins and minerals. The spice is added to drinks to speed up metabolism, tone up the body, and provide antioxidant protection. To make a drink with ginger and lemon for immunity, grate 20 grams of ginger and pour 200 ml of hot water over the spice. Close the container with a lid and cover with a towel. After 15 minutes, add a wedge of lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir until the honey is completely dissolved. Ginger can be added to black or green tea with lemon. To reveal all the properties of the root, make a spice blank. To do this, cut it into small pieces into a glass container, pour it over with honey or cover it with sugar. After a few minutes, aromatic juice begins to stand out. Add it to hot tea along with the root pieces. Make the mixture in small quantities (for several days). Store it in the refrigerator, take it out with a clean spoon. Make sure your health drink ginger is of good quality - free from blemishes, wrinkles, visible fibers.
- Lemon and mint drink… The plant is often used for making drinks due to its menthol and high concentration of essential oils. But, in addition to the bright aroma and pleasant chill, the leaves contain ascorbic acid, vitamins, phytoncides, organic acids. Subject to the rules of preparation, mint-based drinks have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing, antispasmodic properties. For drinks, you can buy dried mint from the pharmacy or opt for fresh green shoots. When buying, choose leaves without damage or defects, with a rich uniform color, fleshy and elastic to the touch. Recipe for enhancing immunity with lemon and mint: cut lemon circles into a decanter / jar, add mint leaves or shoots, fill with clean water at room temperature. Let it brew for 1 hour. This drink perfectly quenches thirst, tones, normalizes the acid-base balance in the blood and urine. Essential substances of mint relieve stress symptoms (nausea, headache, heart palpitations), weaken the manifestations of seasickness, improve mood during the day and strengthen sleep at night. And lemon adds a pleasant sourness, increases the body's resistance to disease.
- Lemon and garlic drink… It is a common ingredient in immune-boosting drinks. After all, it contains allicin, which is a kind of filter that does not allow pathogenic microorganisms to enter the blood. When this component combines with erythrocytes, a gaseous substance is formed, which reduces pressure on the walls of blood vessels and reduces the load on the heart muscle. Recipe for a drink with lemon and garlic for immunity: peel 4 heads of garlic, wash 4 lemons thoroughly, grind the components in a meat grinder or blender. Pour the mixture into a three-liter jar, fill it up to the neck with hot boiled water. Insist the liquid for 3 days in a cool place, shaking the drink once a day. Strain, store in the refrigerator. To achieve the maximum healing effect, it is necessary to take the drink in courses: 100 ml 3 times a day for 1 month. Therefore, you need to make several containers with this tool at once.Contraindications to drinking include diseases of the digestive system, impaired renal function, pregnancy, lactation, allergies to the components of the drink.
Note! A useful vitamin broth can be prepared from dried fruits. To do this, cut them into pieces, place them on the bottom of a thermos and fill them with hot water. In addition to dried fruits, supplement the product with linden flowers, rose hips, viburnum, cranberries. After 8 hours, the drink is ready to drink. Pour it into a cup with honey and a slice of lemon.
Lemon Remedies for Immunity
Lemon can be added to more than just drinks. There are recipes for mixtures that have a powerful healing effect on the human body. The following are the most effective ones:
- With ginger and honey… All components have many beneficial properties that are enhanced by grinding and mixing. According to the recipe for the lemon mixture for immunity, wash thoroughly with 250 grams of ginger root and 2 lemons. Cut them into pieces, grind them in a meat grinder or blender. Pour the mixture into a glass container and add the same amount of honey. Close the lid and refrigerate for 24 hours. The mixture has a pleasant taste and aroma. It is recommended to take it 1 teaspoon 2 times a day. It can also be added to warm water, green and black tea. To increase the shelf life of the mixture, high-quality vodka can be included in its composition. Mix all the components in the specified proportion, and then add 200 ml of 40% alcohol liquid to the mass. Place the mixture in a dark, cool place for 14 days, and then stir thoroughly. Store the finished product in the refrigerator, take 1 tablespoon 2 times a day.
- With dried fruits… They contain a large amount of useful fiber, which stimulates the digestive tract. And they contain more vitamins and minerals than fresh fruits. Therefore, mixtures of these products are excellent for strengthening the immune system. Especially if they are supplemented with honey and lemon. According to the recipe with dried fruits and lemon for immunity, prepare 5 types of different dried fruits each 100 grams. Add one lemon, cut into pieces. Grind the ingredients in a blender and pour the mixture with honey. Form candies, wrap them in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator. Please note that the calorie content of this mixture is quite high. Therefore, you need to consume it in small amounts, 1-2 servings per day. Eat this vitamin supplement instead of a snack or dessert. After feeding children with natural sweets, monitor their well-being in order to identify possible intolerance to the components in time.
Does lemon help immunity - watch the video: