Description and features of the preparation of goat cheese. Composition, calorie content and useful properties of the product. Possible harm and contraindications to the use of goat cheese. Interesting facts about the product.
Goat cheese is a fermented milk product obtained as a result of curdling and subsequent heat treatment of milk. The retail network offers various options for the finished product: hard, soft and curd, there are even varieties with mold. The most popular soft cream cheese.
What is goat cheese?
In the photo, cheese made from goat milk
Goat cheese has a soft and delicate texture. The process of making the product is quite simple. Milk after a certain period of time, under the influence of natural environmental factors, begins to sour and curdle. As a result, a whitish liquid remains on the surface, and a curdled mass at the bottom of the container. This is the first stage of preparation.
Then the liquid is necessarily drained, and the remaining gruel is carefully squeezed out and left under pressure. Over time, it hardens and takes on a certain shape.
Goat cheese is most often salty, with a spicy note and slightly tart. The smell is pleasant and not sharp. Homemade goat cheese has a richer flavor. Such taste features allow the product to be used as an exquisite delicacy served with various drinks, for example, wine.
The taste of cheese depends on various factors: percentage of fat, type of food and breed of animal, etc. If the product is white, this is an indicator that there is no carotene in it. If there is any other shade, it is better to refuse the purchase, because this indicates the presence of dyes or other not very useful components in the cheese.
Thanks to the saturated fat it contains, goat cheese is well absorbed by the body. The hypoallergenicity of the product is ensured by the lactoglobulins included in its composition.
The composition and calorie content of goat cheese
Goat cheese has an average energy value. For a factory product, it is lower than for a home product. If the cheese is bought, for example, on the market, then it will be more fatty and difficult to digest. The calorie content of homemade goat cheese is about 100 kcal more than that of the factory.
The calorie content of goat cheese per 100 grams is 364 kcal, of which
- Proteins - 21.6 g;
- Carbohydrates - 0.1 g;
- Fats - 29, 8 g.
Quite a considerable energy value of goat's milk cheese is achieved precisely due to fats, which further ensure the assimilation of fat-soluble vitamins.
The chemical composition of goat cheese is quite rich. The product contains numerous vitamins, macro- and microelements.
Vitamins per 100 g
- A, retinol - 407 mcg;
- B1, thiamine - 0.07 mg;
- B2, riboflavin - 0.7 mg;
- B3, nicotinic acid - 15.5 mg;
- B5, pantothenic acid - 0.19 mg;
- B6, pyridoxine - 0.06 mg;
- B9, folic acid - 2 μg;
- B12, cyanocobalamin - 0.22 mcg;
- D, cholecalciferol - 0.5 mcg;
- E, tocopherol - 0.26 mg;
- K, phytonadione - 2.5 mcg;
- PP - 1, 15 mg.
Macronutrients per 100 g
- Potassium - 158 mg;
- Calcium - 298 mg;
- Magnesium - 29 mg;
- Sodium - 515 mg;
- Iron - 1.62 mg;
- Phosphorus - 375 mg
Microelements per 100 g
- Copper - 564 mg;
- Manganese - 0.093 mg;
- Zinc - 0.66 mg;
- Selenium - 3.8 mg
Note! Goat cheese contains more nutrients necessary for the body than cow cheese.
Useful properties of goat cheese
The benefits of goat cheese for the body lies in the fact that it saturates it with a large amount of vitamins, minerals, micro- and macroelements.The product improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, strengthens bones and teeth, stabilizes cardiac activity, has a neuroprotective effect, and also affects blood clotting, preventing the formation of blood clots. Consider how goat cheese is useful for males and females, as well as for pregnant women and children.
The benefits of goat cheese for women
The health benefits of goat cheese are varied. For the fairer sex, it is extremely important that the body receives all the necessary substances in sufficient quantities. External beauty, physical activity, hormonal levels and reproductive health depend on this.
Why goat cheese is good for women
- Vitamins A and E contained in the product improve the condition of the skin, promote its cleansing, as well as faster recovery.
- Vitamin D, like retinol and tocopherol, improves the appearance of the skin and makes it firmer and more elastic.
- All natural ingredients that make up goat cheese speed up the metabolism in the female body. This, in turn, leads to the fact that fatty deposits begin to be burned faster.
- The relatively low energy value of the product creates a feeling of quick satiety during meals, but no weight gain occurs.
The benefits of goat cheese for men
The benefits of goat cheese for men is that the product is a natural source of protein. Protein is muscle strength that is necessary for all members of the stronger sex, and especially for athletes. Once in the gastrointestinal tract, the lactose contained in goat cheese breaks down into 2 glucose and galactose. The latter has a sufficiently low glycemic index, due to which goat cheese can be recommended for nutrition for athletes.
Goat cheese for men has the following beneficial properties
- The fermented milk product contains about half the norm of vitamin A (retinol), which helps to improve male reproductive function.
- The proteins that make up goat cheese enrich the body with all the essential amino acids. The large number of protein molecules accelerates the growth of muscle mass, especially with regular exercise and appropriate sports nutrition.
- In men, there is a more intense load on the musculoskeletal system, and the phosphorus and calcium contained in goat cheese contribute to its strengthening.
- All the minerals found in goat cheese help prevent urinary tract infections in men.
The benefits of goat cheese for children
In childhood, the formation, strengthening and establishment of many body systems takes place. Particular attention should be paid to the musculoskeletal and digestive system.
Why goat cheese is useful for a child
- Calcium, which is found in large quantities in many fermented milk products, helps to strengthen the bones, as well as the nails and hair of the baby.
- Phosphorus from goat cheese is especially important at a time when a child's milk teeth fall out and permanent teeth begin to grow. It contributes to the fact that children's teeth are immediately healthy and strong.
- Probiotics, which are found in large quantities in goat cheese, have a positive effect on the functioning of the child's gastrointestinal tract. Thanks to their action, protein fibers and fats are broken down, and their absorption is faster.
- Vitamin D contained in cheese is indispensable for a child's body, in particular for babies under 3 years old. With a sufficient intake of cholecalciferol in the body, it prevents the development of rickets in a child and ensures the correct formation of the skeletal system.
- The fat molecules of the goat product break down into small fractions, which ensures quick and easy assimilation. This is important for the child's digestive system, which has not yet fully formed.
Benefits of goat cheese during pregnancy
The period of pregnancy is a special period of time in the life of every woman. At these moments, she must provide the proper amount of energy not only for herself, but also for the forming fetus.
Goat cheese during pregnancy is a good source of all essential vitamins, macro- and microelements. As mentioned above, the product contains a large amount of protein. This substance not only helps to strengthen the muscles, but is also a direct source of energy, which the expectant mother really needs.
In addition, the copper contained in the cheese is considered an essential component for the processing of iron in the body. Thanks to this, the development of iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women can be prevented.
Note! The health authorities strongly recommend that pregnant women eat only hard goat cheese. This recommendation is based on the fact that pathogens may be present in soft types of fermented milk products.
The period of pregnancy often significantly affects the immunological status of a woman. Therefore, when eating goat cheese, you need to carefully monitor whether you are allergic to it, because in women, when carrying a child, this often happens.