Calorie content, composition, useful properties, potential harm and contraindications of blackberry jam. How to prepare a blank? Blackberry jam recipes.
Blackberry jam is a delicious and healthy dessert made by boiling berries in sugar syrup. Traditionally, the berries are put in a saucepan, covered with sugar and left for several hours to separate the juice. Then put the pan on the stove, bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes. After that, the jam can be rolled up in sterilized jars and put into the pantry for the winter, but if you want to get a thicker and more viscous texture, it is cooled, and then boiled again - this procedure can be repeated several times to obtain the desired degree of density. One way or another, both thick and five-minute blackberry jam are a real decoration of both everyday and festive tables. This delicious dessert can be simply eaten as a snack with tea, or you can add it to various sweet dishes.
Composition and calorie content of blackberry jam
In the photo, blackberry jam
Blackberry jam can be attributed to low-calorie desserts, which is easy to fit even into the diet.
The calorie content of blackberry jam is 230 kcal per 100 g, of which
- Proteins - 0.4 g;
- Fat - 0.3 g;
- Carbohydrates - 57 g;
- Dietary fiber - 0.4 g;
- Water - 24 g.
Note, however, that the calories are mostly fast carbs, which are simple sugars that cause spikes in blood sugar but don't fill up for long. So just snacking on jam is not worth it, but it is quite possible to supplement it with a hearty breakfast or lunch, this will reduce the glycemic load on the body and will not lead to the rapid onset of hunger.
It is worth noting that various vitamins and minerals are also included in the composition of blackberry jam.
Vitamins per 100 g
- Vitamin A, RE - 8 μg;
- Beta carotene - 0.05 mg;
- Vitamin B1, thiamine - 0.05 mg
- Vitamin B2, riboflavin - 0.01 mg;
- Vitamin B6, pyridoxine - 0.06 mcg;
- Vitamin B9, folate - 0.5 mcg;
- Vitamin C, ascorbic acid - 3 mg;
- Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol - 0.3 mg;
- Vitamin PP, NE - 0.4 mg;
- Niacin - 0.3 mg.
Macronutrients per 100 g
- Potassium - 107 mg;
- Calcium - 15 mg;
- Magnesium - 9 mg;
- Sodium - 1 mg;
- Phosphorus - 14 mg
Trace elements are represented by iron - 0.5 mg per 100 g.
In addition, delicious blackberry jam also contains some specific beneficial components such as polyphenols, flavonoids, organic acids, pectin.
Useful properties of blackberry jam
Fresh berries, of course, are much healthier than jam made from them, since various valuable components are destroyed during the cooking and storage process. And yet, many remain. But you need to understand that homemade preparation of minimal cooking is considered the most useful.
The benefits of blackberry jam:
- Prevention of vitamin deficiency… Despite the fact that the dessert is not a record-breaking source of a particular vitamin or mineral, it nevertheless, albeit in small quantities, contains a wide group of various useful components, thanks to which it helps to make an important contribution to the overall vitamin and mineral balance …
- Normalization of the intestines and metabolic processes… Due to the presence of dietary fiber in the composition, the product helps to regulate intestinal motility. It can act as a prophylaxis for constipation, flatulence, bloating. In addition, due to the presence in the composition of B vitamins - the main metabolic vitamins - blackberry jam helps to improve metabolism, that is, it makes it possible for useful components from food to be absorbed more efficiently.
- Anti-inflammatory effect… Due to the presence of flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds in the composition, the product has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in the prevention of various kinds of diseases, including cancer.
- Help treat colds… An irreplaceable dessert in the treatment of colds, therefore, it is imperative to cover the blackberry jam for the winter. However, it is important to understand that the product is effective mainly at the initial stage of the disease, but if the disease has already developed, more serious help will be needed.
- Strengthening blood vessels and preventing heart disease… A healthy dessert helps to strengthen the vascular walls, as well as regulate cholesterol levels, which in turn is a good prevention of atherosclerosis and acute heart conditions.
By the way, it is important to note that blackberry jam with whole berries will be more useful than jam, which involves grinding, and, as you know, during the grinding process, some of the useful components are also destroyed. However, a separate line is the so-called live jam, which is berries whipped in a blender with sugar, which are then frozen. Despite the fact that there is a grinding stage, in this case there is no cooking, and here it is difficult to say for sure which is more useful - cooked whole berries or frozen chopped ones.
- Casserole with jam… Mix cottage cheese (250 g), egg (1 piece), sugar (2 tablespoons), semolina (1 tablespoon), sour cream (2 tablespoons). It is better to beat the mass well in a blender. Grease a baking dish with butter (1 tablespoon), sprinkle with semolina (1 tablespoon). Lay out half of the curd casserole, spread the jam on top (4 tablespoons), then lay out the other half of the dough. Bake at 160 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Sour cream cake… Put sugar (100 g), jam (1 glass) in a bowl, pour in water (1 tablespoon), stir and leave for half an hour. Add eggs (2 pieces), sour cream (250 g), flour (1, 5 cups), knead the dough. Beat the dough, pour into a mold, bake for an hour at 180 ° C.
- English sweet sauce… Bring milk (400 ml) to a boil, add sugar (50 g), stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat, add beaten egg yolks (4 pieces), put the mixture in a water bath and simmer until thickened - the mixture should not boil! Mix the finished cream with jam (40 g) and serve with any baked goods.
- Baked apples with jam… Cut out the core and seeds from apples (10 pieces), without cutting through them. Put jam (1 glass) and a little water in each apple, bake for 20 minutes at a temperature of 160-180 ° С.
- Sponge roll… Divide 6 eggs into whites and yolks. Mix the yolks with powdered sugar (100 g), beat until fluffy. Sift flour (65 g), add to the egg-sugar mixture, stir until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the whites and salt until firm peaks, add to the mixture - stir in very carefully, otherwise the dough will not turn out fluffy. Cover the baking sheet with parchment, grease with oil, pour the dough and spread evenly with a spatula, bake at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes. When the cake has cooled slightly, roll it into a roll while still warm, then roll it out and let it cool. For buttercream: Whisk heavy cream (250 ml) with powdered sugar (2 tablespoons) and thickener (to taste). Spread the dough with jam (300 g), then butter cream, roll tightly.
C for 20-30 minutes.
Interesting facts about blackberry jam
Be sure to choose berries of optimal ripeness for jam, since with unripe it will turn out sour, with overripe it will be too liquid.
Be very careful when preparing the berries. To wash the blackberries without damaging them, simply fill them with water, then discard them in a colander and rinse with running water.
Store the jam in a cool place, and add a little citric acid at the end of cooking to keep it from spoiling and sugaring longer.
Watch a video about blackberry jam:
Blackberry jam is a delicious, low-calorie, healthy dessert.It is best to cook it yourself at home from self-picked berries - so you can be absolutely sure of the quality of the product. Eat the finished dessert with tea or add to various dishes.