Composition and calorie content of pickled champignons, benefits and harms. How to pickle mushrooms, in which recipes to use?
Pickled champignons are an appetizer, for the preparation of which fresh or pre-boiled mushrooms are poured with marinade and rolled into jars. As a rule, the process is not complete without the use of one or another vinegar - apple cider, wine, lemon, etc., as well as sugar and salt. However, in addition, each housewife has her own secrets of preparing an appetizer: by adding various spices, you can achieve an original shade in the taste. The most popular pickling spices are bay leaves, allspice, cloves, and garlic. Pickled champignons are an excellent appetizer that is not only tasty, but also has a number of useful properties.
Composition and calorie content of pickled champignons
In the photo pickled champignons
Pickled mushrooms are a low-calorie snack that will be especially appreciated by those who follow one or another diet - they are easy to fit into even a very limited diet.
The calorie content of pickled champignons is 12 kcal per 100 g, of which
- Proteins - 1, 6 g;
- Fat - 0.2 g;
- Carbohydrates - 0.9 g;
- Dietary fiber - 2, 6 g;
- Water - 91 g.
But not only low calorie content is an advantage of the snack, pickled mushrooms contain many vitamins and minerals, especially they are rich in vitamins B5, PP, as well as potassium, chromium and phosphorus, which is almost the same in mushrooms as in fish.
Vitamins per 100 g
- Vitamin A, RE - 2 μg;
- Beta carotene - 0.01 mg;
- Vitamin B1, thiamine - 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2, riboflavin - 0.45 mg;
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid - 2.1 mg;
- Vitamin B6, pyridoxine - 0.05 mcg;
- Vitamin B9, folate - 30 mcg;
- Vitamin C, ascorbic acid - 7 mg;
- Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol - 0.1 mg;
- Vitamin PP, NE - 5, 6 mg;
- Niacin - 4.8 mg
Macronutrients per 100 g
- Potassium - 530 mg;
- Calcium - 4 mg;
- Magnesium - 15 mg;
- Sodium - 6 mg;
- Phosphorus - 115 mg;
- Chlorine - 25 mg.
Microelements per 100 g
- Iron - 0.3 mg;
- Iodine - 18 mcg;
- Cobalt - 15 mcg;
- Molybdenum - 3 mcg;
- Rubidium - 26 mcg;
- Fluorine - 14 mcg;
- Chromium - 13 mcg;
- Zinc - 0.28 mg.
Mushroom protein is valuable for amino acids such as lysine and arginine.
Fatty acids per 100 g
- Saturated - 0.1 g;
- Monounsaturated - 0, 146 g;
- Polyunsaturated - 0, 491.
Despite the fact that sugar is used in the preparation of delicious pickled mushrooms, the final product of quick sugars is only 0.1 g per 100 g.
Useful properties of pickled champignons
Several jars of pickled champignons for the winter must be closed for everyone, because this appetizer not only has good taste, but is also very useful.
Useful properties of champignons for the body:
- Prevention of atherosclerosis… Mushrooms cleanse the blood of excess cholesterol, allow you to maintain an adequate balance between good and bad cholesterol, which, in turn, reduces the likelihood of developing atherosclerosis and the development of acute cardiac conditions. In addition, the product contains a lot of potassium - one of the main minerals needed by the heart.
- Improving the functioning of the digestive system… There is a lot of fiber in champignons, so these mushrooms are an excellent food for our beneficial microflora, and a well-fed microflora contributes to the normal functioning of the intestines, helps to fight constipation, increased gas production. It is also important to note that mushrooms contain a large amount of B vitamins - the main metabolic vitamins that help to assimilate food more efficiently.
- Beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system… B vitamins also provide the benefits of pickled mushrooms for nerve cells, contribute to their normal functioning.The high abundance of the amino acids lysine and arginine explains the beneficial effects of the snack on brain function - improving cognitive performance and memory. It should also be noted that mushrooms help with headaches, they can even reduce the intensity of migraines.
- Strengthening connective tissue… The product contains a large amount of various minerals that have a strengthening effect on all connective tissues of the body - bones, joints, skin, hair, nails, teeth, etc.
- Diuretic effect… Champignons have a diuretic effect and are an excellent mild kidney stimulant.
In addition, the product contains a number of antioxidant substances that can prevent the excessive activity of free radicals and prevent the destruction and mutation of cells, which, in turn, prevents early aging and the development of serious diseases, including cancer.
The most useful are mushrooms pickled at home, since in this case only natural ingredients are used. On store cans with snacks, it is imperative to read the composition, the manufacturer may add harmful preservatives, which negates all the benefits of mushrooms.
- Salad with pickled mushrooms and smoked chicken… Chop the onion finely (1 head), fry it with pickled mushrooms (50 g). Cut smoked chicken (400 g) and tomatoes (5 pieces) into cubes. Boil eggs (4 pieces). Grate cheese (200 g) and eggs on a coarse grater. Combine mayonnaise with lemon juice and garlic to taste. Spread the salad in layers, grease each of them with mayonnaise sauce. The layers are in the following order: chicken, mushrooms with onions, eggs, cheese, tomatoes.
- Potatoes stewed in sour cream… Chop the onion (1 piece), grate the carrots (1 piece). Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan with a thick bottom, send prepared vegetables and pickled mushrooms (100 g) there. Chicken fillet (200 g), rinse, cut into cubes and add to the pan, when the breast turns white, add the diced potatoes (5 pieces). Pour in boiling water so that the water completely covers the potatoes, stir, add sour cream (4 tablespoons) a couple of minutes before the potatoes are ready, salt and season to taste.
- Lasagne with chicken and pickled mushrooms… Chop finely onion (1 piece), chicken fillet (700 g), mushrooms (300 g). Fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Prepare the sauce: melt butter (100 g) in a saucepan, add flour (5 tablespoons), lightly fry together, pour in milk (1 l), add salt and pepper to taste, simmer until thickened. Peel and seed tomatoes (4 pieces), beat in a blender, finely chop the herbs (1 bunch), mix - tomatoes can be replaced with tomato paste if desired. Take ready-made lasagna sheets (250 g) - they can be slightly boiled beforehand, or you can use them dry, collect the layers - lasagna leaf, tomatoes with herbs, mushrooms with chicken, then again the leaf, tomatoes with herbs, mushrooms with chicken. If ingredients remain, repeat again. Put the lasagna in the oven for 20 minutes, temperature 180 ° C. Grate the cheese (300 g), take out the lasagna, sprinkle with cheese, bake for another 20 minutes.
- Pasta with pickled mushrooms… Boil the spaghetti (250) until al dente. Chop champignons (170 g), simmer in a pan for 5-10 minutes, add chopped onion (1 head) and garlic (2 cloves), simmer for another 5 minutes. Add spaghetti to the skillet, add sour cream (2 tablespoons) and pour in cream (500 ml), season with Italian herbs to taste, turn off heat and cover, eat after 10-15 minutes.
C. Take out the dough, spread it with tomato paste (100 g), add chopped sausage (300 g), wild garlic (50 g), mushrooms (50 g), onion (1 head). Sprinkle with grated cheese (100g) and pepper to taste. Return to oven and bake until tender.
As you can see, recipes with pickled champignons are very diverse, since the product is really universal, and therefore you can easily find a place for them in your kitchen.
Interesting facts about pickled champignons
If you cook mushrooms with preliminary boiling, over time they will acquire a dark shade, and the marinade itself will become viscous and cloudy. If fresh mushrooms are poured with hot brine, they will remain light for a long time, and the marinade will be transparent. Thus, the second method makes it possible to get a more attractive snack, but the taste will be richer, and the smell will be more aromatic, of course, during preliminary cooking.
You should not store pickled mushrooms for more than a year, even if you follow the storage rules: a dark dry room, the temperature is not higher than + 8 ° C. Spoiled mushrooms cause severe poisoning.
If mold appears on the mushrooms, especially thrifty housewives recommend draining the marinade, pouring boiling water over them, prepare a new marinade and pour the washed mushrooms over it. However, we would not recommend doing this: mold is a very tenacious organism that cannot be removed with boiling water, and if it appears on one mushroom, it is definitely already infected with it.
If the lid on the jar is swollen, such mushrooms should definitely be thrown away.
Pickled mushrooms, in fact, are not a finished product, but a semi-finished product, so heat treatment is required before serving.
How to pickle champignons - watch the video:
Pickled champignons are a tasty and healthy product. However, along with useful properties, it has a number of features that are important to consider for certain health features. If the product is not contraindicated for you, be sure to cook mushrooms for the winter and please your household with original dishes with them.