Composition and calorie content, useful properties of a spicy dressing, who should not use it. Features of cooking garlic oil, recipes.
Garlic oil is a spicy dressing that is any vegetable oil infused with garlic. Most often, sunflower or olive oil is used as a base, but there are no strict requirements here. The main component of the product is garlic, and what kind of oil will accompany it is already of secondary importance, although it has a significant effect on both the taste and useful properties. Often, various spices are taken as additional ingredients. The product is universal in the kitchen: it is added to soups, main hot dishes, salads - vegetable, meat and fish. The dressing gives an original taste to familiar recipes and helps to make them healthier.
Composition and calorie content of garlic oil
In the photo, garlic oil
The calorie content of garlic oil is about 900 kcal per 100 g
Most of the composition of the dressing is fats, there are 99 g of them per 100 g of the product. For this reason, no matter how useful it is, it should be used in the diet with caution, clearly defining the dosage, especially if you are overweight.
The composition of garlic oil largely depends on the base, however, such a component as garlic, which is rich in many important biologically active substances, remains unchanged. The spices contain all vitamins in one amount or another, as well as a large mineral group. There are especially many B vitamins, selenium, chromium, manganese in the vegetable.
Garlic is rich in polyphenols, phytoncides, bioflavonoids, fatty acids, phospholipids, phytosterols, useful sulfur-containing compounds, etc. All these numerous components determine a wide range of beneficial properties of the product.
Benefits of Garlic Oil
The benefits of garlic oil are great. Due to the presence in the composition of unique specific elements, the product perfectly fights against pathogenic flora of any nature - bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, etc., and the comprehensive beneficial effect on various organs and tissues is explained by the presence of vitamins and minerals.
Useful properties of garlic oil:
- Antiviral effect… It is achieved due to the presence of a specific component in the composition - allicin, its effect on viruses has already been proven by official research. The compound actively fights infections of various origins.
- Antibacterial action… Many people compare this effect in strength with antibiotic medicines, however, garlic, unlike the latter, does not have a destructive effect on the beneficial microflora. That is why the product is often recommended for use in the initial stages of the disease, while tablets can still be dispensed with.
- Antifungal and antiparasitic effect… Due to the content of sulfur-containing components in the composition, the spicy dressing helps to get rid of fungal infections, and special phytoncides cause an antiparasitic effect.
- Strengthening the cardiovascular system… The product has a beneficial effect on the heart muscle, reduces pressure, cleanses blood vessels. In addition, it effectively reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol, which is an excellent prevention of vascular diseases and, as a consequence, acute cardiac conditions.
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system… Spicy dressing in general has a beneficial effect on the nervous system: it alleviates the effects of stress, prevents depression, gives vigor and good mood, and helps fight insomnia.In addition, scientists note the effectiveness of the product in the prevention of age-related cognitive disorders.
- Strengthening immunity… During the cold season, be sure to use garlic oil in cooking, as it has a strong strengthening effect and boosts immunity.
- Antioxidant effect… The product contains many antioxidant components, thanks to which it is able to fight free radicals, neutralizing them and thus preventing cell mutations and the development of serious diseases, including cancer.
- Anesthetic effect… The anesthetic effect of the product is also noted, and therefore it is highly recommended for use by athletes for muscle pain after heavy physical exertion, as well as for girls with menstrual cramps.
- Beneficial effect on skin and hair… With the regular presence of dressing in the diet, you can notice an improvement in the condition of the skin and hair. Since it actively works against all sorts of pathogens, normalizes the state of microflora, cleanses the intestines and the lymphatic system, this cannot but affect the condition of the skin. As for the hair, the beneficial effect in this case is due to the presence of a large amount of minerals in the product.
In connection with the above properties, it is not surprising that the use of garlic oil is relevant not only in the kitchen, but also in folk medicine. With its help, they fight against diseases of the nasopharynx and respiratory tract, they are used in the therapy of pathologies of the heart, blood vessels, the digestive system, and for nervous disorders.