What is childfree, basic principles of movement. Public opinion on the concept of childlessness on a voluntary basis.
Childfree is not only the chosen path of life, but also a whole ideology, suggesting the unwillingness of his supporters to have offspring. Do not confuse the beliefs of such individuals with the inability of people to conceive and bear a child for health reasons. The psychology of childfree is not fanatical slogans, but a clearly articulated concept of improving one's life on the principle of childlessness.
What is childfree?
The history of ideology begins in the 70s of the last century. The childfree philosophy, which was originally promoted by feminists, was taken as a basis by activist Leslie Lafayette. She was immediately joined by like-minded people, and the childfree family began to replenish with new members. Most psychologists call supporters of this movement healthy egoists.
Experts voice the postulates of childfree ideology as follows:
- I want to live to the maximum… People with this mindset view children as barriers to many pleasures. Kim Cattrall from the cult TV series "Sex and the City" was not afraid to voice her reluctance to have a child out loud for this very reason.
- I am only responsible for myself… Not all people are ready to take care and control of their children's lives. Seeing in potential offspring the need to make important decisions, they move away from this problem.
- Life is a business plan… And in many points of the compiled program, there is no place for children among careerists and ambitious persons.
What does childfree mean in the broader sense of the word? It means not only an individual with firm convictions about the legality of childlessness, but also a whole direction with its own laws of being.
At school and at home, such an attitude towards building one's future is not taught, so we are talking about a conscious decision at a more mature age. If you are interested in how childfree people become, pay attention to the behavior of people with a similar vision of life prospects.
Outwardly, an adherent of freedom from children is no different from his peers. The average age of such people is 25-45 years. Before the announced period, young people do not always have clear positions on childbirth. In addition, at the age of up to 25 years, echoes of youthful maximalism can still affect. Remaining in the soul of children, young creatures do not want to have their own offspring, but over time they change their mind.
The childfree community includes mainly people who have received a good education and are distinguished by a stable financial situation. Most of them are atheists, so they don't care about the church's disapproval of childfree.
Sometimes the life of a childfree attracts women who have come to certain conclusions by watching their girlfriends. Not all mothers on maternity leave look after their appearance and quickly lose their "presentation". In addition, the baby requires additional expenses that an unmarried girl without children used to spend on her wardrobe and cosmetics.
Fear of childbirth plays an important role in the desire to join the ranks of people free of children. In the women's company over a cup of coffee, some ladies like to remember all the horrors of the birth of their offspring. The spouses of the men who were present at the birth do not regret the colors in the narration of their own heroism at the sight of the torment of their beloved. From such partially contrived stories, some people lose the desire to go through such trials.
Varieties of childfree
There are two behavioral models of people with different attitudes towards the issue of voluntary renunciation of motherhood and fatherhood.
Types of childfree:
- Rejectorship… People with such a vision of moral norms demonstratively show or ineptly hide their dislike for babies and adolescents. They are the tenth way to bypass playgrounds, and mothers with strollers do not cause affection in them. They consider pregnancy and childbirth to be a dirty process that does not make any sense.
- Affecionado… We are talking about a softened version of rejection. The children of such people do not irritate, but they do not bring great joy either. In the child, they see only an obstacle to the achievement of their life goals.
Undecided persons, with seven Fridays in the week, cannot indicate their position in relation to childbirth. As a result, in the overwhelming majority of cases, they do not have a child.
There are also postponers "for later". Their constant excuses sound convincing and solid. A career, to live for oneself are the main arguments of the procrastinators, whose opinion has a grain of common sense.
Important! Psychologists clearly distinguish between the concepts of "childhead" and "childfree". In the first case, we are talking about blatant hatred of children, which can become a pretext for child abuse.