A set of exercises at home for pumping big shoulders. Practical advice from professional bodybuilders. Qualitatively pumped muscles of the shoulder girdle are able to visually make the back wider and give the figure the look of the English letter "V". This is what a male figure should be, according to the concepts of the ideal of beauty that have developed in our society. At the same time, the development of the muscles of the shoulder girdle should be paid attention not only to guys, but also to girls. This will make the shape of the female body more distinct and even.
Most girls don't want to have big muscles, which is understandable, but basically impossible. Very often, women are afraid to overtrain their muscles, not realizing that this is simply impossible without the use of sports pharmacology due to the physiological characteristics of the female body. At the same time, when training the muscles of the shoulder girdle, girls can focus on isolated exercises that do not allow them to gain a lot of muscle mass. Use small weights in this case. After reading this article, you will understand how to build shoulders at home.
Effective exercises for the muscles of the shoulder girdle
All the most effective movements for pumping this muscle group can be divided into two types: presses and swings. All pressing movements are basic, and swinging movements are classified as isolated. You can press while standing or sitting. You can press the shells from the chest or from behind the head, using a barbell or dumbbells for these purposes. You can also use exercise equipment.
The flapping movements are aimed at the development of a specific section of the deltas and are performed at a slow pace. To use the middle section of the deltas, you need to lift sports equipment in front of you. The rear deltas are active when swinging to the sides when the body is tilted forward.
In order for the lesson to be as effective as possible, it should begin with performing presses, and then move on to swinging movements. This scheme is the most effective, since when performing presses, serious weights are used, and at the beginning of the lesson the athlete has a maximum reserve of strength. When the energy ends, you can move on to lighter movements, which should include swings. This is definitely worth remembering for everyone who wants to know how to build shoulders at home.
How to build shoulders: training principles
The muscles of this group are actively working with almost every hand movement. Deltas are usually divided into three sections: front, back, and middle. It should be remembered that there are no exercises that can simultaneously engage all divisions of the deltas. In order for your workouts to be as effective as possible, a workout program must be created on an individual basis.
We will inform everyone who wants to know how to build shoulders at home - for these purposes it is advisable to use dumbbells. Even such a simple exercise as a "shrug" with dumbbells in hand will be very effective, especially for beginners. It is no secret that men pay special attention to training the muscles of the shoulder girdle and arms. However, girls should also work on these muscles.
First of all, this is due to the fact that throughout the summer the girls' hands are in sight, and it will not be possible to hide fat deposits with all the desire. To get rid of them, you should pay attention to training this muscle group.
The most effective shoulder exercises at home
Fitness experts recommend starting with a workout plan, which you then need to follow closely. The duration of each lesson is at least 30 minutes for girls and about 45 minutes for men. It is quite enough for women to use dumbbells weighing 2.5 kilograms, but for guys, you should buy collapsible sports equipment so that they can progress the load.
It is very important to do a good warm-up before each lesson in order to protect yourself from injury. To do this, you will need no more than one dozen minutes. In order for the muscles of the shoulder girdle to look beautiful against the background of the hands, you also need to pump your biceps. This reminder applies to girls, as men certainly do not forget about the muscles of the arms. Now let's look at exercises that will help you answer the question of how to build shoulders at home.
- Presses from behind the head. The exercise is aimed at developing the middle and anterior deltas, as well as the triceps. Immediately, we note that this movement is quite traumatic for the joints and should not be performed at the very beginning of the lesson. Take a standing or sitting position with a straight grip. In this case, the forearms should be parallel to each other. Lower the projectile on the trapezoid and then raise it.
- Army press. The exercise is aimed at developing the middle and anterior deltas. Raise the barbell to chest level by lowering the elbow joints down. Start lifting the projectile, while fully straightening the elbow joints.
- Dumbbell dilutions to the sides in a standing position. The exercise is aimed at developing the middle section of the deltas. Sometimes novice athletes swing the body when performing this movement, which is not worth doing. Otherwise, the effectiveness of the exercise will drop dramatically. Taking the shells in your hands, stretch them slightly in front of you and bend the elbow joint a little. Begin to spread your arms to the sides, raising them to the level of the shoulder joints.
- Lifting dumbbells in front of you. The exercise is aimed at developing the anterior deltas. However, if you have already performed an army press, then this movement can be omitted. Taking the shells in your hands with slightly bent elbow joints, stretch them in front of you. From this position, start lifting the dumbbells over your head.
- Dumbbell set in an inclined position. The exercise is aimed at developing the posterior deltas. It is this movement that will answer you the question of how to build shoulders at home. This is the only exercise that can maximize the load on the rear deltas. As a result, you will be able to expand your shoulders. It is necessary to perform the movement at a slow pace, maintaining a pause in the extreme upper position of the trajectory. Taking the shells in hand, tilt the body forward to an angle of 45 degrees. The hands are in front of you. From this position, spread your arms to the sides.
- Pull the bar in the direction of the chin. The exercise is aimed at developing the anterior deltas, as well as the trapezoid. To maximize the load on the deltas, a wide grip should be used. Take a standing position, holding the bar down on outstretched arms. From this position, raise the projectile to the chin, while spreading the elbow joints to the sides.
- Barbell Row in the direction of the chest. The exercise is aimed at developing the anterior deltas. For maximum comfort while performing the movement, you can do it in the Smith machine. Unfortunately, this sports equipment is not available at home, but if you decide to start visiting the gym, then it is worth knowing about it. From a technical point of view, the movement is similar to the previous one, but the projectile rises only to the level of the chest.
- Push ups. Although this exercise is primarily aimed at developing the chest, the muscles in the shoulder girdle are also engaged. It is perfect for beginner athletes. Which have practically no muscle mass. If you will be using a narrow arm stance. Then shift the emphasis of the load to the front deltas. The wider the arms are placed, the more active the chest muscles are, and the middle deltas are also involved in the work.
- Dips on the uneven bars. When performing this movement, the muscles of the shoulder girdle work only at the time of the negative phase of the movement, or more simply, when you return to the starting position. To pump deltas, you need to lower the body down and raise only 10-15 centimeters, and then lower again.
- Pull-ups for the head, wide grip. This movement is great for pumping the lats, but the deltas also work. To accentuate the load on the muscles of the shoulder girdle, as in the case of the previous movement, you should not go deep down.
Here are the exercises that give a comprehensive answer to the question of how to build shoulders at home. From these, you can create an effective training program that will help you achieve your goals.
More useful information about home shoulder workout in this video: