The pectoral muscles are quite difficult to train. To get the most out of your chest, learn how to train your breasts with a split system. Among most bodybuilders, it has become an unspoken rule when drawing up a training program for chest muscles to divide this group into three sections: the middle upper and lower. In principle, this is true, but it is still more convenient to divide into only two parts - the lower and the upper. Firstly, it is simply more convenient, and, secondly, it will be much easier to choose the necessary exercises this way. Thus, today we will talk about split chest workouts.
At the same time, it is important to remember that when training the middle department, the muscles of the middle one will also be involved in the work. But for the upper chest, separate exercises are needed. It has become fashionable to do training for three departments, but it is important to do it carefully, as you can easily overtrain and should not be allowed to.
If you want to train three sections of the muscle group in three positions and choose just one movement for this, then in total you will get nine exercises. This is a lot and is best avoided.
Breast training program
As mentioned above, nine exercises for one muscle group workout is quite a lot. But you can reduce the number of movements performed by doing one exercise for two positions. As a result, their number should be reduced to six, which will reduce the risk of getting into a state of overtraining, but will not reduce the effectiveness of the entire training. Meet the effective split chest workout program.
It involves dividing the group into three sections, and each of the selected exercises will simultaneously train two positions in each zone. The training plan will use the following abbreviations: C - abbreviated; СР - medium and Р - stretched. And here are the exercises themselves.
- Incline Bench Press - Perform 2 sets with 8-10 reps (SR).
- Breeding hands on an inclined bench on blocks - 2 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions are performed in each (P, C).
- Bench Press - Do 2 sets of 8-10 reps (SR).
- Breeding hands on blocks on a horizontal bench - 2 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions should be done (C, R).
- Reduction of hands on a crossover - also 2 sets of 8-10 reps (C, R).
- Dips - 2 sets total of 8 to 10 reps each (CP).
In total, according to this split chest workout program, you must complete 12 sets, which is enough volume to get good results. For this reason, on the day of training the pectoral group of muscles, slightly less exercises should be performed for other groups. Otherwise, you can overtrain. The program described above is great for athletes who train their chest once a week. You can increase the number of approaches, but no more than two. You can also exercise with greater intensity. You need it in this case. So that there are about seven days left for recovery.
When you set aside one day to train each muscle group, the target muscles need to be overtrained to increase recovery time. If this is not done, then the muscles simply will not wait for the next session and will begin to lose their volume, and their strength indicators will decrease.
Breast Training Tips
If gaining muscle mass is a very difficult process for you, then you should not despair. Most often this is due to the presence of a large number of fibers in the tissues, which are better amenable to endurance training. These tips will help you with your chest workout:
- If it is very difficult for you to gain mass, then your muscles have a lot of aerobic fibers that do not contract well. However, at the same time, anaerobic fibers are also more resilient.
- For this type of fiber to develop, it is necessary to keep them under load for a longer period of time, in which case they will adapt better. The standard workouts used by bodybuilders with high weights and low repetitions are not suitable for you.
- On average, such sets require about 30 seconds to complete, which is clearly not enough for aerobic fibers. This is precisely the reason for the low performance of athletes. To increase the effectiveness of training, the time for performing the approach should be doubled, bringing it to one minute.
- Slow aerobic fibers are best used to gain mass when using supersets. To do this, you should perform two movements per group of muscles without a pause for rest and perform in each approach from 6 to 8 repetitions. This will load the aerobic fibers well, since there are not very many repetitions, however, the set will be continued in the second exercise. Because of this, you can perfectly load hardy muscle fibers, thereby ensuring their growth.
- This technique is relatively young and is called Compaund Aftershock. Despite her small age, quite a few athletes use the technique and speak only positively about it. It is an excellent choice for athletes whose muscle gain is very slow.
- You should not completely abandon the usual training for bodybuilders using large working weights. It is important to remember that with constant use of even the most effective training program, the muscles at some point adapt to the load and the effectiveness of the training will decrease.
If you want to gain more muscle mass, alternating between heavy low-rep workouts and Compaund Aftershock is the best option. This is the only way you can achieve good results. That being said, it should be noted that you should use Compaund Aftershock more often throughout the year.
For more information on split chest workouts, see here: