Find out why you may not be able to lose weight in the gym using a variety of machines and other workout programs. To date, a lot of ways to lose weight have been created. However, many people use so-called passive methods, which involve the use of various drugs and supplements. At the same time, scientists have long proven that the most effective ways to fight fat are:
- Correct dietary nutrition.
- Physical activity.
In fact, you don't need anything else to achieve your goal. Today we will not dwell on nutrition, but we will answer the question in as much detail as possible - is it possible to lose weight in the gym using simulators? It is quite obvious that not everyone can afford to buy exercise equipment and work out at home. A fitness center can be a great choice, but you can often hear recommendations about the need to hire a trainer.
We can agree with this, because work on simulators, like training with free weights, presupposes the presence of a certain amount of knowledge. As a result, another problem arises - cost. Not all women can afford to hire and supervise an instructor. However, today we will try to help you with this and tell you whether it is possible to lose weight in the gym on simulators and how to do it correctly.
Is a Personal Trainer Needed at the Weight Loss Gym?
Below we will talk about the rules of classes and give useful recommendations. Now we propose to consider all the advantages and disadvantages of working with a personal fitness instructor. This is a rather important question, because a person who is in the gym for the first time does not have the appropriate knowledge. If, in training, you do not follow the technique of performing the exercises, then the return on training will be low.
Let's start with the benefits of having a personal trainer:
- Occupational safety - from the very beginning of your sports life, the coach will monitor the technique of all exercises, which will minimize the risk of injury.
- Rapid mastery of technical nuances - we have already said that the technique of performing all movements affects not only the safety of the athlete, but also the effectiveness of his training.
- Incentive to visit the gym - agree that by paying money for a subscription and the services of a personal fitness instructor, a person will not want to miss workouts.
- Quality training program is another factor that affects the effectiveness of your training. The coach will create a program that suits you best and will make appropriate changes as you progress.
We recommend that you work under the guidance of an instructor for at least a couple of months. This will allow you to understand the basic principles of fitness, learn how to correctly perform all movements and in the future will allow you to independently draw up training programs.
However, there are two disadvantages of working with a personal trainer:
- Price - depending on the professional skills of the coach, his services may be overwhelming for you.
- Insufficient coach qualifications - you can save money and hire an inexperienced instructor, but this will negatively affect your progress.
Based on the foregoing, it can be argued that it is definitely not necessary to use the services of a personal trainer all the time. If you do not have sufficient financial resources, then you can do without this person altogether.
Will self-training in the gym be effective?
Now we'll talk about how you can benefit from self-study. Many gym visitors do not use the services of instructors and learn the science of fitness on their own. Let's see what advantages this approach has:
- Self-development - to master a new movement or simulator, you will have to search for the necessary information yourself or ask experienced visitors for advice. As a result, you will constantly evolve.
- Saving - everything is clear here, because you do not have to spend money, sometimes considerable money, to pay for an instructor.
- Free class schedule - you will be able to visit the gym at a time that is most convenient for you and you do not need to adjust to the coach.
If we talk about the disadvantages of self-training, then they are the opposite of the advantages. In simpler terms, self-development may not deliver the desired goals, and as a result, you will stop training. The situation is similar with the savings on the services of a fitness instructor. A free schedule of visits can also play a cruel joke on you. Although a lot depends on your desire.
How to train properly without an instructor to lose weight in the gym?
Answering the question whether it is possible to lose weight in the gym on simulators, it is necessary to talk about the basic rules of training.
It is with her that each of your workouts should begin. All professional athletes do this, because the risks of injury cannot be minimized otherwise. Depending on the complexity of your main training program, you should spend between one and ten minutes warming up. Be sure to do swinging movements of the limbs, turns of the body and head, as well as stretching exercises.
Warming up joints
These exercises should include rotational movements of the body, head, hands. It is imperative to warm up your body completely. Exercise "Eight" is effective for the neck. Be sure to do a few pivot rotations and squats.
Work on simulators
After completing all the movements discussed above, you can safely start working on simulators. It is extremely important in this case not only to observe the technique, but also to take the correct position. If you have not been involved in sports before, then you cannot immediately give the body a large load. This statement is true not only for work on simulators, but also when performing exercises with free weights. In the second case, perform in each movement with weights from three to four sets.
We recommend that girls adhere to the following sequence of performing sports movements:
- The hips are being worked out.
- The chest and back are loaded.
- After that, move on to training the muscles of the shoulder girdle and arms.
- At the end of the session, work on your abs.
Also, after a workout, it is important to cool down to eliminate the possibility of pain in the muscles. To do this, it is enough to work on an exercise bike for five minutes.
The best exercises to lose weight in the gym
The entire training process can be roughly divided into three stages. Now we will talk about each of them and consider the most effective exercises for losing weight.
1st stage - training the muscles of the arms, shoulder girdle, chest and back
There are a few exercises you need to master here:
- French press - performed in a sitting position with dumbbells. The arms are raised high above the head and bent at the elbow joints.
- Reverse bench push-ups - you need to sit with your back to the bench and rest against it. Stretch your legs in front of you, then do push-ups, bending and unbending the elbow joints.
2nd stage - the waist and abs are worked out
- Twisting - you can use a special simulator. Grasp the special handrails with your hands, and place your feet under the roller.Begin to pull the chest towards the pelvis and back.
- Exercise number 2 - take a lying position on the bench and grasp the handrails with your hands. Raise your legs to their perpendicular to the body.
3rd stage - pumping the muscles of the buttocks and legs
- Lunges is a classic exercise that can be performed with weights, dumbbells and even a barbell.
- Breeding thighs - performed on a special simulator.
So we gave you an example of a simple set of exercises, which will not take much time to complete. Recall that in order to obtain the desired result, you need to give up junk and fatty foods.
Is it possible to lose weight by working on simulators: recommendations
Consider the characteristics of your body
If your friend threw off a few pounds thanks to a month of training in the gym, then you may not achieve the same result. Each of us has its own body characteristics that must be taken into account. A training program cannot be universal. Chances are, it will take you time to find the exercises that will produce positive results.
It is the combination of strength training and cardio sessions that allows you to quickly achieve good results. In addition, aerobic exercise is extremely beneficial for the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. You do not need to visit the hall to hold them, and especially in the summer. If it's warm outside, go for a run. Swimming is a great way to lose weight.
Balance in the training program
It is important to find a combination of intensity of cardio sessions and strength training so that the body burns fat without destroying muscle tissue. Keep in mind, however, that when you achieve this balance, you will not immediately notice weight loss. Moreover, it can even increase. The fact is that muscle tissue is heavier than fat tissue. As a result, with the same body weight, you can look athletic or neglected.
It is extremely important to breathe correctly during exercise. If, under the influence of physical exertion, the body does not receive a sufficient amount of oxygen, then the effectiveness of such exercises is sharply reduced.
Frequency of visits to the hall
Only regular training can bring good results. However, it is extremely important to correctly select the load so as not to exhaust your body. Otherwise, you will find yourself in a state of overtraining, and you will need to take a break. During the first month, you only need to carry out two workouts per week. Moreover, the time of visiting the hall does not matter. Starting from the second month, the number of workouts should be increased to three.
You need to eat food an hour and a half before the start of the training. After completing the lesson, we recommend that you close the protein-carbohydrate window, and a full meal should take place no earlier than 1 or 1.5 hours later. It is also worth switching to five meals a day, adhering to the required indicator of the energy value of the daily diet.
A smart approach to training
Don't give up strength training in favor of cardio. Many girls are confident that weight training will make their figure look like a man's. This is complete nonsense and only a combination of aerobic and anaerobic training will allow you to achieve excellent results.
What fat burning workouts are most effective for losing weight in the gym, see this story: